Never used opk, updated - let the journey begin :)

Yeah i will as last month i didn’t ovulate till CD 17 i think it was so hopefully around same time. Xx

Well people will tell you all about their good or horrific labours, but just like TTC, you have no idea what your own will be like until you actually doing it!!

Personally mine was quick, so no time for any pain relief other than gas and air (you have to be in hospital 4 hours for anything stronger and my DS was born 2 and a half hours after arriving!). I guess if it happens like that again I’m lucky, but my contractions came on very fast and very strong so I’m just scared if the pain being bad before we can actually get to hospital, be examined and then actually give me gas and air!! (Which does help, it’s like being really really drunk for 2 minutes at a time, you feel the pains but just don’t care!!) xx
I’m going to tell you all a funny story about birth... so as you all know I have 4 my first two was born in a UK hospital, my first DS was born after a lengthy first stage but a quick last stage only 4 hours of active Labour and only 20 minutes of pushing.... had gas and air which for me was amazing so drunk but so good, I loved it!! 2nd Ds came quicker 2 hours after arriving to the hospital he was here the same that wonderful gas and air ( bit disappointed I did have a longer Labour LOL) so fast forward to DS and this time in Italy, gas and air I screamed out, but alas they don’t do it “what?” I cried, so a kind doctor said I’ll see what I can do, sometime later 2 guys brought in the old fashion machine like the size of a fridge freezer.... with dials and knobs she gave me a mask and said please tell me when it gives you the feeling like your last Births!!!! So playing with knobs and dials for about 30 minutes ( my midwife having a heart attack every contraction) I just said stop!!! The midwife was freaking me out, so these 2 guys came and removed the machine. And everyone in the room sighed with relief (lol) I went on to have a 9lb baby with out anything and did the same with my DD. Birth story’s are all different but us women are strong we are able to handle it more than we think we can.... don’t worry about birth it’s pain yes but for a lifetime of love!!!

Hi ladies. Is it possible for O to change within your cycle from one month the to next?

Edit - i think I ovulated today!!! CD 11.. we only had sex on CD8 :confused:

Heres a pic if this cycle.. edit- definitely positive now its dried.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it totally is possible, but you ovulate 12-36 hours (12-24 most likely) after the positive OPK so have an early night tonight, or a lazy afternoon or whatever and hope those swimmers catch the egg!!!! Xx

As i was totally devastated earlier to see that positive opk I decided to talk to the OH as I haven’t said much to him about it all but as i had told him about ovulated earlier than expected and basically its not our month this month he hust said don’t want to become obsessed by it all (typical man) i then said i would feel more relaxed by it all if we can dtd every other day and go from there as then theres not much else we can do so that would definitely make me more relaxed (plus the extra sexy time would naturally chill me out) lol so hopefully hes a bit more on board about it now and pray we BD tonight! X

Big fat no to last night! So think im out for this month already xx

ohh hun I really do feel for you but sperm can stay alive for 7 days your still in with a chance it only takes one. It can really become so all consuming TTC. I honestly fee your pain my hubby was so the same way with TTC both our sex drives weren't the highest. I think it was down mainly down to stress at work and me being on birth control which made my sex drive zero. But in recent years cant get enough, bloody mad for it HAHAHA, well I say that its usually 2-3 times a week probably average. However you know it wont fall like that when we start TTC again. I learnt to try not to talk about it with hubby and do my best to try it on with him around the week of O. Didn't always get away with it though :) I talked to him so many time when ttc our DD it would nearly always end in an argument and hubby saying it will happen when it happens. I always though that's all good & well but we need to be DTD in order to allow it to happen honestly it was like ](*,)each month. I think if you look through a lot of threads a lot of men are like this but its so frustrating :hugs:

What’s a sex drive??? Lol. I’m always so exhausted and never feel like it, I think due to not having time to do my hair, make up etc etc, I just feel like an ugly frump so I guess I think ‘why would he want to have sex with this ugly mess?’ When in truth he’d LOVE us to be having more regular relations!! Once we are actually doing it I’m totally into it and think ‘we should do this much more often!’ Lol. I just always feel so exhausted, I guess it’s just feels like another demand on my body and so it goes to the back of the queue.
So what I’m saying is, try not to worry to much Jam if you don’t have a high sex drive, it can still happen! Just need to try and time it well, but it’s hard when you want to and DH doesn’t. X

I feel like my drive has become so much more since coming off my pill. Its like oh well hello there! Lol i think next month im going to give the old NTNP thing a ago and not do any opks.... gonna be a struggle lol but i have said if we have regular sex then i would feel so much more relaxed. I don’t think he has any idea how little if a chance it is each month lol plus also hve to actually have sex to be in any sort of chance. So next month try it his way and see what happens. Xx

Honestly think we had sex a handful of times when I was pregnant. It used to make me feel sick not the thought of it just the actual doing it. It was like I could feel his c*ck hitting my cervix sorry tmi.
BB am sure you don't look anything of the sort. Like you said though your hubby will see you as beautiful and absolutely amazing for growing & caring for his baby x
I so think giving the opk a rest next month may help a little go off what your body is saying to you & how you feel. I defo won't be using opk when we're trying just now so I can get a rough idea if when about I o each month.
Jam were here for you through how ever long it will take but hey enjoy your tww & hey who knows maybe give tonight a go. Like BB says think you O between 12 - 36hrs after a positive test then the egg then lives for 12 -24hours. Good luck Hun still not over xx

Thanks so much. Im glad ive got somewhere to vent too! And ask advice. For some reason the OH is miserable this evening so dont know if theres much hope haha!! Will keep you updated of course! Xxx

So I decided not to try with him last night. Definitely think ive missed the window anyways and i just thought to myself well i will only get pissed off if i try and its a no so i just cuddled him instead. I feel like its all ive spoke to him about for 2 days is about sex. Ive said my peace now so lets just see how it goes xx

It puts a lot of stress on a relationship. I think men feel a pressure to perform and are scared that they could maybe have weak or low sperm. I also don’t think they feel the urgency, the physical NEED to be pregnant like we do. They can still have babies until the day they die, we don’t have that long!!! So a month to them is nothing but to us it’s a lifetime to wait. Xx

Honestly Jam reading your posts is like readying back through my posts from years ago. I so agree with BB I really don't think they mean to be they way they are and stand-off-ish about the whole situation but don't want to feel pressurised into performing. Here's to next month chic but I still have my FX for you as you jus never know look at BB she thought shed missed O and dtd a few days after what she thought was her positive opk but it in fact wasn't nd she got pregnant for 1 time. xx

Yeah totally and my OH don’t do well with pressure. He a really laid back guy never gets stressed about anything. We are total opposites lol hes a bit distracted aswell at the moment as we are having work done on our house this week. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->