• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New - BFP after IVF

Ok. So now I dont know what to think. I rang the clinic and spoke one of the nurses. She said it doesnt sound awful and then some people do experience bleeding - even red bleeding. She was enoucraged by th fact that it didnt last and I didnt bleed over night. They cant fit me in for a scan today and she thinks it would be too early to be defibitive anyways - however they have moved my scan from Thursday to Tuesda next week.

She said if I bleed badly over the weekend that I should go to A&E.

So - it is just a waiting game now. I fear the worst, but have a tiny shred of hope. I am taking a sickie from work and going to sit on the couch and pray I dont get pains or bleeding.

MM - I've been thinking about you all night :( that sounds like it could be okay then?

Defo take it easy today and put your feet up :hugs:

At least its not as long to wait now for your scan chick. I'm hoping and praying everything will be okay and I definitely think its a good sign the bleeding stopped.

Take care lovely xxxxxxx

Thanks Ratma - I am praying for the best but expecting the worst. If I can get through to this evening with no bleeding or cramping I will start to feel slightly better, but I am not sure that is going to happen.

Thank you for being there :hug:

MM - usually when you miscarry, the bleeding starts and doesn't stop - til it's all over ... so the nurse is right, the fact that you didn't bleed overnight is a very good sign.

It is gonna be a long weekend for you though - take it easy and especially go easy on yourself emotionally ... don't put yourself in situations where people are going to ask how you are xxx

Urchin - good advice - sadly my bro and his wife are coming to stay this weekend and I cant cancel as I nly see them 2-3 times a year. They are family though and I love them both so might be a good thing to have them here to take my mind off things. was hoping to break good news for them, but doesnt seem very likely now.

I really hope you guys are all doing well and dont have to go through this. :dust:

Try and take it easy as much as possible. Like you said having company might help take your mind off of things. I'm praying that everything turns out well for you and your bean.

Hope you're doing okay MM and no more bleeding and cramping.

Sorry you're not getting a peaceful weekend, but perhaps it might be just the ticket to keep you busy before your scan.

Take it easy chickpea - am thinking of you xxxx

So far so good. No more bleeding, no cramping. Still expecting the worst but def have a little ray of hope. Looking forward to see my bro :flower:

Hope you all have a great weekend

Enjoy having your family with you MrsMax.

AFM had my scan today and it's official I'm having twins. I'm very happy but very much in shock. Both babies heart beats were at 120 bpm and everything is looking good. She said that the light brown discharge that I'm having are the babies expanding my uterus so not to worry. I have another scan on Thursday and if everything looks ok she is going to turn me over to my regular OB/GYN. So it was an exciting day for me. The only down side is I think I caught a cold. Had a sore throat since yesterday and even a slight fever last night. Fever is gone and now my nose is starting to run. So my plan for this weekend is to just take it easy. Gee just as it was starting to sink in that I'm pregnant now I need to get use to the idea of twins. WOW.

WOW! Buster - twins!!! That is awesome - but, yes scary. What were your betas? I cant remember if they were high or not. :happydance: How did DH take it?

AFM - still no spotting or cramping, so beginning to breath a little easier. It is 7am Sat morning here and I am up with MS. Def not complaining though!

Wonder if anyone else will have twins!!!

wow congrats Buster! What a fab way to have your hands full!

MrsM - thats looking promising ... will keep on crossing things for you though xxx

AFM i'm off to the Baby Show today to look at things for my DAUGHTER! need to check the bank balance before i go though!

Have a great day urchin!!

Oh MM - I'm so relieved to hear that. I think its a really good sign but think you're right to remain cautious, but having MS is also a really good sign!!. Not long to go until scan - have a lovely weekend with your family xxx

Buster - wow!! Congratulations :D :D :D that's amazing news!!!

AFM - did my last pg test today and it came straight up with 3+ weeks so am happy about that. Phew. Its reassured me for a few days at least :lol: :lol:

Starting to feel a bit sicky when I get too hungry and my boobs are getting uncomfy so I switched to a non-underwired bra. I think its very unlikely I'm carrying twins as I only had 1 blasto put back and there is no family history of twins for either of us.

Have a great weekend everyone xxxx

Urchin - congratulations on having a girl! Yeah!
MM -take it easy but looking better
Buster- congratulations on twins. You will definitely have your hands full but it will be great!

Hiya ladies i can finally join :)

I got my BFP after ICSI this morning at 8dp3dt :) i have my first beta on wednesday :) xxx

Well, that's where you all are! Lol
My IVF cycle buddies know me already, but for the rest - I am Karina, 33 yo, from Chicago. I did my first IVF with ICSI which was successfull, and I am now pregnant with twins! No symptoms, besides tiredness and sleepiness.
I have one 9 yo son Erik, and I will be very happy to slowly get to know all of you in this lovely thread! Thanks, MM!

Hi Lisa and Katrus :hi:
I haven't run across either of you before - but big congratulations, and look forward to getting to know you both while we go through this amazing journey together :D

Thanks Everyone!!!

MrsMax I'm glad things seem to be getting better with you. Maybe you're having twins. My doctor said that it's more common when you are having twins to have bleeding and spotting due to the uterus expanding. So I'm keeping everything crossed for you. Oh and my last beta number was 8041 I don't have anything to compare that to because I never got the first two beta numbers.

Urchin congrats on finding out it's a girl. I'm sure you're going to find lots of cute things at the baby show. Have fun.

Lisa and Katrus welcome to the thread and Congrats!! Katrus it's nice to have another twin Mommy on here, and who knows we may have some more after some other ladies get their scans.

Hope the rest of you lovely ladies are having a good weekend. The weather is beautiful here but unfortunately I have a horrible cold so I can't go out and enjoy and dh is away for the weekend. So it's just me my two doggies and the two little ones in my belly LOL.

Lisa - yay!!! Congrats. That was a lucky thread we had!!!!! Let's hope this one is as lucky. :dust:

:wave: Katrus - yay. Glad you found us - I did post the thread on out last one, but figured you may have to gone to a special twinnie thread. So glad you joined us :happydance:

BTW this thread is in 35 and over thread, but only cause I didnt want to post in the first tr one - way tooo scary! I am probably the only one actually 35 or over :blush:

AFM - had some brown spotting yesterday, but have stopped being freaked. Everything I read says some light brown spotting is normal. Still have terrible MS - felt sick almost all day yesterday, which was tricky as my bro and his wife were here. But I managed to get an afternoon nap in whilst the boys went to the pub. Cannot wait until scan on Tuesday - at least then I will know for sure what is going on - but am feeling cautiously optimistic. Buster - twins!!!! I guess it could be - I feel like it isnt though as one of our enbies had so much fragmentation I cant imagine it would ever have implanted - but you never know!!

It is 7am here and everyone else is asleep. I am preparing brunch for everyone at 11am - let's hope I stop feeling :sick: by thyen as my mum is joining us and she doesnt know I had my BFP yet (waiting for scan)...

Glad everyone seems to be doing good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->