• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New here! TTC #2 anyone else?

Lol, some things just cannot be unseen!! I'm doing good, the sickness is still very much there and getting worse although I'm managing with ciclyzine.

I told my parents and they were delighted, so it does feel a little more real now.

I am also starting to feel the nausea, espcially today. And yes, I had spicy food yesterday.
I know it's far away...but do u mind sharing ur experience with the c-section? I hv a bunch of back and hip injuries, so I think my ortho is going to request one, otherwise I may end up with a cane after delivery. But my first was natural (with drugs). I'm concerned about the c-section, healing etc. I heard it messes up ur abdominal muscles...is that true?

I am also starting to feel the nausea, espcially today. And yes, I had spicy food yesterday.
I know it's far away...but do u mind sharing ur experience with the c-section? I hv a bunch of back and hip injuries, so I think my ortho is going to request one, otherwise I may end up with a cane after delivery. But my first was natural (with drugs). I'm concerned about the c-section, healing etc. I heard it messes up ur abdominal muscles...is that true?

I haven't had any issues with my ab muscles since mine. The first few months it was a little more painful when I would exercise, but after about 5-6 months the pain was gone completely and my scar is barely noticeable now. I am not sure if all incisions are in the same place but mine was right above my pubic bone so my ab muscles weren't cut at all. It all happened so quick! I was induced and 9:30 am and he was born at 12:36 in the afternoon and it was seriously less than 10 minutes between when they wheeled me into the room to when we heard the little man cry.
The main thing that stinks is you are required to stay at least 3 days in the hospital so they can give you antibiotics and watch for an infection. The incision is a little tender for a while so picking the little one up at an angle or lifting heavy things can cause some pain/discomfort but that should only last for about a week.

How is everyone doing?
My morning sickness is completely gone! :happydance: I have an appointment Tues and I really hope she will be able to tell me the baby's gender because my mom will be in town and she will be at the appointment with me.
I hope everyone is doing well!:hugs:

Hey! I just got back from a week in London. The nausea hit me hard! I had some spotting right before I left so I got my blood drawn and ultrasound. Thankfully baby looked fine and we saw a heartbeat. The spotting stopped earlier this week. Now I'm just dealing with the nausea. Good luck with the apmt...let us know if u find out what u r havibg!

Hi! I'm doing well - haven't thrown up in about a week and a half so hopefully my MS is gone too!

Glad to hear all is well notsoeasy! Hope the nausea subsides soon!

Good luck at your appt babymabey!

I have my anatomy scan on 12/7. Although my blood test said girl, my mom told me that a girl she works with was told girl by the blood test but at her anatomy scan it was a boy! Hopefully the lab didn't screw mine up and she's really a girl because we are already set on a name!

Love reading that everyone is doing well! :hugs:

Cannot wait to find out what you're having, babymaby

Post a photo from your ultrasound, hal!!

Hey all. I am struggling terribly with the sickness. I've lost 9lb in 3 weeks and am really struggling to eat and when I do, to keep it down. I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow so I'll have a chat to her about it. I hope to get a scan date soon too.

Glad everyone is doing well.

Hey all. I am struggling terribly with the sickness. I've lost 9lb in 3 weeks and am really struggling to eat and when I do, to keep it down. I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow so I'll have a chat to her about it. I hope to get a scan date soon too.

Glad everyone is doing well.

Thank really sucks! I'm sorry. They should be able to give you a medicine to help with that, I forget what it is called but I know a few people who had to take it because of the massive MS.

Had my ultrasound yesterday. The baby wouldn't give us a good shot, but from what the Dr. could see she is pretty sure it's a GIRL, :pink: sadly we won't know for sure until the 20 anatomy scan in 6 weeks. She was moving around like crazy and the doctor said I should have no problem feeling her kicking soon because she is right up against the front of the uterus and the placenta (which looks super healthy) is located near my back.

Attachments

• rsz_img_20151124_201638.jpg
    rsz_img_20151124_201638.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 3
Hey ladies,
Hal - from what I hear, the blood test is much more accurate than the anatomy scan I hvnt looked into the stats cuz my husband is already saying that he is refusing to pay extra to find out the gender ahead of time.
Joey- so sorry u r so sick. I hear that ms peaks at 10 weeks n starts to get better so I hope u feel some relief soon!
Babymabey- so awesome to hear that everyone is super healthy. Exciting to know that I will feel her moving around soon. So awesome that now u hv a boy and a girl!! I am crossing my fingers that this one is healthy (first of all) and hoping for a girl. My hubby doesn't want anymore after this one.
And, I picked up a big from my trip and was super sick with a fever yesterday. I was so nervous I was getting the flu, but I am feeling better today. Good to hear from everyone!

I am doing great! Super busy with Christmas tomorrow (I still have shopping to finish!:xmas1:). Baby girl is growing perfectly and I have my 20 week anatomy scan on the 15th of January.:happydance: I was hoping to get a quick ultrasound at my checkup this week to confirm that the baby is a girl but the doctor was swamped since they were only in the office Mon and Tues.:xmas8:
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, or if you don't celebrate Christmas I hope you have a happy December! :xmas16: :xmas7::xmas8:

Glad to hear you're doing good, babymabey! FIngers crossed she's still a little princess at your anatomy scan!!

Getting tired over here! 13 more weeks roughly, getting bigger and cleaning is becoming more of a hassle!

Still haven't even decided on what to name this princess.

Glad to hear you're doing good, babymabey! FIngers crossed she's still a little princess at your anatomy scan!!

Getting tired over here! 13 more weeks roughly, getting bigger and cleaning is becoming more of a hassle!

The name we have settled on is Harper Ryan (Ryan was my brother's middle name and he passed in April) unless she does turn out to be a he. If that happens I have no idea :shrug:.
If you need more ideas a few girl names I came across that were different were Adeline, Adalind, Harlow, Layla, and Ember. I doubt you need anymore ideas though, if you're like me you probably have about 2-5 names you keep trying to decide between. :blush:

The name we have settled on is Harper Ryan (Ryan was my brother's middle name and he passed in April) unless she does turn out to be a he. If that happens I have no idea :shrug:.
If you need more ideas a few girl names I came across that were different were Adeline, Adalind, Harlow, Layla, and Ember. I doubt you need anymore ideas though, if you're like me you probably have about 2-5 names you keep trying to decide between. :blush:

Super sweet name! I love Harper. What is your little boys name?

LOL I wish we had a few to decide on!!! DH is SO picky and I can't get him to agree on anything!!!!

Super sweet name! I love Harper. What is your little boys name?

LOL I wish we had a few to decide on!!! DH is SO picky and I can't get him to agree on anything!!!!

I know how that goes! My husband is super picky when it comes to boy names! That is why if this one is a boy too picking a name is going to be next to impossible, he hates all of the ones that I love.
My little guy's name is Caden. :)

How is everyone's New Year going so far?

How are you all feeling?

As for me, we have started to finish the basement and my husband and brother-in-law are kicking butt! They just started it last weekend and they already have it all framed in and some of the wiring done. It will be nice to have that all finished before the little one gets here. I find out Friday if she is for sure a girl :happydance::happydance: I am excited and nervous. I will be happy if she turns out to be a he but I would love to have a little girl. :blush: As long as they are healthy I am honestly good either way.

Hope everyone is doing well! :hugs:

I was in the hospital for a few days because of a bad kidney infection and tachychardia - i was also given a CT scan which has had me freaking out since they don't recommend those in pregnancy. Hopefully nothing is going to be wrong with baby. She is still active and good, they monitored her during my stay. They had to rule out a PE but all they found was my spleen is enlarged. Not sure what that means but i tested negative for mono and all that junk.

Can't wait to hear if your baby is really a girl! Update us as soon as you find out! lol

I was in the hospital for a few days because of a bad kidney infection and tachychardia - i was also given a CT scan which has had me freaking out since they don't recommend those in pregnancy. Hopefully nothing is going to be wrong with baby. She is still active and good, they monitored her during my stay. They had to rule out a PE but all they found was my spleen is enlarged. Not sure what that means but i tested negative for mono and all that junk.

Can't wait to hear if your baby is really a girl! Update us as soon as you find out! lol

I am so glad everything is okay and that it wasn't a PE! :hugs: Those things can be unpredictable and very dangerous. That had to have been terrifying. Thankfully CT scans emit very low doses of radiation so your LO should be fine. Before my mom found out she was pregnant with me she had a lot of X-Ray's and had surgery due to a knee injury and there weren't any complications during the pregnancy and I haven't had any negative effects from the radiation exposure. Hopefully my experience helps a little with any anxiety you may be feeling.

Oh no Heidi - that must have been really scary. Glad you're ok and I sure the scan didn't affect baby one bit!

Can't wait to hear that she's definitely a girl babymabey! Good luck on the basement too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->