• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New here! TTC #2 anyone else?

I'm doing good. Feeling really great although very tired and waves of nausea every now and then. I can't believe how the time is dragging, I feel like I've been pregnant for ages and I'm not even 5 weeks yet, plus we are so cautious that neither of us are really acknowledging it too much as we are afraid to get too excited. Silly I know. I have my booking in appointment on 30 October and I will be staying in my mums house that night so I might tell them then. Ideally I'd like to wait until after my scan but not sure how likely that will be.

When did you guys tell your parents (I see mine almost every day)

Had our gender reveal and we are team pink!!!

Aw congrats Heidi!! I'm sure your daughter is ecstatic to have a baby sister!

Joeybrooks - I wish I could tell you the nausea and fatigue go away but I've found it so much worse with #2. I'm almost to 2nd tri and it's still here for me.

I had my blood drawn last Monday for the free cell DNA testing so will find out hopefully by the end of this week what team we're on :)

Yeah joeybrooks, I'm 17 weeks and still having bouts of nausea :( hopefully you feel better soon though!! Super exciting almost everyone in this group is pregnant!

Hal yay!!! I can't wait to find out what all of you lovely ladies are having!

Any updates on anyone else?

I am really hoping to be team pink but I have a feeling this will be another boy. I told my parents the night after my first scan (a little over a week ago) and my in-laws a few days later while on vacation. Nausea is definitely kicking my butt this time around and I expect it to stick around for a while. :cry: I am hoping that all the drama means it is a girl and my intuition is wrong. Finger's crossed. :D

My bloodwork came back early and first of all, everything is very low risk for genetic abnormalities and second - we are having another GIRL :happydance: yay team :pink:

I am so excited for my daughter to have a sister but would have been happy either way because there are currently no boy grandchildren.

Now to keep this a secret from everyone else until birth is gonna be difficult!!!

My bloodwork came back early and first of all, everything is very low risk for genetic abnormalities and second - we are having another GIRL :happydance: yay team :pink:

I am so excited for my daughter to have a sister but would have been happy either way because there are currently no boy grandchildren.

Now to keep this a secret from everyone else until birth is gonna be difficult!!!

When were you able to get that blood test done and what does it entail? Is it just your blood they took or was it an amniocentesis? I am not sure if I can wait until 16+ weeks to find out what we are having so the sooner I know the better! :blush: I have an appointment next week with a new OB/GYN that will be much closer to the house and I am SO going to ask about that blood test! :thumbup:

How is everyone doing?

Congrats and welcome to team pink hal!!!!!

Babymabey I wanted that test so badly but my doctor didn't offer it to me :( I didn't really push for it but they didn't seem to care - all she told me was that they prefer to do the anatomy scan to determine gender :/ BLAH. Hopefully you get to do that test though- I think it is for defects such as down syndrome etc. I had the blood test done but not for the gender part.

Oh - and mine was done at 12 weeks!

Congrats and welcome to team pink hal!!!!!

Babymabey I wanted that test so badly but my doctor didn't offer it to me :( I didn't really push for it but they didn't seem to care - all she told me was that they prefer to do the anatomy scan to determine gender :/ BLAH. Hopefully you get to do that test though- I think it is for defects such as down syndrome etc. I had the blood test done but not for the gender part.

Oh - and mine was done at 12 weeks!

With my son I had a 12 week scan to check for DS and other things, but the OB/GYN I saw for my first U/S a couple of weeks ago didn't even ask if I wanted it this time. I am sad to be changing doctors because I have been with my NP/Midwife for almost 10 years, but with her being on maternity leave and us wanting a Dr. closer to home changing just makes more sense. I do have a nice list of questions for the new doctor for next week's appt. so hopefully I don't annoy her at our first meeting! :blush:

Usually they always do the scan at 12 weeks to measure the space behind the baby's neck - called the nuchal fold. That will give them an indicator of the risk for DS. The scan is called the nuchal translucency (NT) scan.

Because I'm 35 this time, there's a higher risk of chromosomal abnormalities so they did the NT scan and also the free-cell DNA testing. The free-cell test is recommended for those who are "advanced maternal age" because the results are much more accurate. They draw your blood and extract the baby's DNA from it and test for chromosomal abnormalities and of course that gives you the sex chromosomes. Ask your dr about it - your insurance prob won't cover it if you're not over 35 - I'm not sure how much it is out of pocket.

Ladies, how is everyone keeping???

I have my Drs appointment on Friday.

Ladies, how is everyone keeping???

I have my Drs appointment on Friday.

That is awesome! :happydance: Hopefully you will get a good look at your little bean. :hugs:
I had an appointment yesterday with my new OB/GYN and my little one is looking great and measuring right on time. I still have pretty bad nausea/vomiting and am super tired. I am hoping that the morning sickness and food aversions go away in the 2nd tri so I can get back to my healthy eating habits.

How are you feeling?

The sickness is pretty bad. I just have constant nausea, unless I'm eating, which isnt exactly practical. I am also exhausted and it is getting more difficult to keep it quiet because I really am struggling. I'm thinking I might tell my family after the Drs appointment, provided all goes well of course.

I think this is just my booking in appointment so I dont think they will do anything more than take some details and book my scan etc, but I guess I'll have to wait and see tomorrow.

I really hope your sickness and tiredness doesnt last too much longer, it is so miserable. You feel awful for complaining but it does really get you down.

The sickness is pretty bad. I just have constant nausea, unless I'm eating, which isnt exactly practical. I am also exhausted and it is getting more difficult to keep it quiet because I really am struggling. I'm thinking I might tell my family after the Drs appointment, provided all goes well of course.

I think this is just my booking in appointment so I dont think they will do anything more than take some details and book my scan etc, but I guess I'll have to wait and see tomorrow.

I really hope your sickness and tiredness doesnt last too much longer, it is so miserable. You feel awful for complaining but it does really get you down.

I am the same way, I hate complaining, but sometimes it is the only way to feel a little better.

How did your appointment go?

Hi ladies. I got my bfp last week! Feeling tired more than with my first and a few minutes or nausea here and there.

Joey, how was the appmt?

Pretty straightforward. She just took bp and weight and asked how I was feeling. She prescribed anti sickness tabs but said only to take if I really needed to, whatever that's supposed to mean. I have my MW apt on 24 November when I'll be 10 weeks.

Sounds good Joey! My apmt is about a week after you and I will be 8.5 weeks...I hate waiting this long.
I told my family today and they had a wonderful reaction. I never told them I was trying, but they were always asking me and encouraging me. I surprised them during my bday party!

Pretty straightforward. She just took bp and weight and asked how I was feeling. She prescribed anti sickness tabs but said only to take if I really needed to, whatever that's supposed to mean. I have my MW apt on 24 November when I'll be 10 weeks.

My next appointment is on the 24th as well. I will be 14 weeks then so I am hoping that they will be able to tell me the gender (come on team pink!). I invited my mom to go to the appointment with me because the 24th is my brother who passed away's birthday and I am hoping it will help either take her mind off it or help ease a little bit of the pain.

How is everyone doing? It has been pretty quiet in here. :coffee:

I was finally able to find my little beans heartbeat last night with my doppler. It was a lot lower than I thought it would be: middle of my pubis area right under my c-section scar. (Just to note here: do NOT google pubis, my eyes! They burn!)
My morning sickness is almost gone, but I still get sick if I eat food that is too spicy which sucks because I love Mexican food. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->