New here! TTC #2 anyone else?

Aww no hal!! I'm sorry!! I still have my fingers crossed for u!! Go get that egg now kalonkiki! Im 9dpo tomorrow and doing an ic, and Sunday a frer ...... Quickly becoming obsessed lol. Xx

Good luck Tracy! Lots of :dust: and hopefully the :witch: has decided to put her broom away for a while. :winkwink:
Hoping to see a :bfp: from you on Sunday. :happydance:

I took another test at around 5:20 pm. I just couldn't hold it anymore and it was close enough to 6, I figured it couldn't hurt. It was almost positive/slightly negative so my tests are slowly getting lighter. I'm planning to take a final test for the day in about an hour.

Aww no hal!! I'm sorry!! I still have my fingers crossed for u!! Go get that egg now kalonkiki! Im 9dpo tomorrow and doing an ic, and Sunday a frer ...... Quickly becoming obsessed lol. Xx

Good luck Tracy! Lots of :dust: and hopefully the :witch: has decided to put her broom away for a while. :winkwink:

I took another test at around 5:20 pm. I just couldn't hold it anymore and it was close enough to 6, I figured it couldn't hurt. It was almost positive/slightly negative so my tests are slowly getting lighter. I'm planning to take a final test for the day in about an hour.

So jealous right now lol I have no idea how to use the OPK's I'm not much of a bright lightbulb when it comes to technology (if you can consider pee sticks technology lmao!!!) But I am getting OCD now with these tests, I am like peeing on everything hahaha!!!! :haha:

I'm so obsessed lol totally a poas addict! Tested this morning with IC and bfn... Im very doubtful tho I've no symptoms at all would be very surprised. How's everyone doing? Xxx

I'm so obsessed lol totally a poas addict! Tested this morning with IC and bfn... Im very doubtful tho I've no symptoms at all would be very surprised. How's everyone doing? Xxx

You never know tracy, when is AF due again?? Fingers crossed for you girl <3

I'm on CD10 now, FF says I am fertile starting today!!! Going to BD later today and my OPK was negative again yesterday, so going to take another probably later on...I may just wait a couple days to take another just because I only have 4 sticks left! So I might skip today seeing as it's my first fertile day it will most likely be negative. Getting super excited to O though, taking forever lol :coffee: I just want to be in the 2WW already!! Better yet test day!

So jealous right now lol I have no idea how to use the OPK's I'm not much of a bright lightbulb when it comes to technology (if you can consider pee sticks technology lmao!!!) But I am getting OCD now with these tests, I am like peeing on everything hahaha!!!! :haha:

I used the Smiley face OPK's by clearblue. You don't have to guess if the line is the same color or not because it uses a little microchip in the main test stick that compares your day to day LH levels so when you are in your fertile window it will give you a smiley face :) They are a little more expensive, but they are worth it if you don't want to stress over the cheaper ones that just have the lines. :) Hope this helps. OPK's can be difficult, but once you have used them for a few months (if you have to use them that long) you get the hang of it.:thumbup:
:happydance: Good luck all!:dust::dust:

I'm due on 14dpo so on Thursday with number 1 I only got a bfp on day I was due. Ever since I told you'd I've had no symptoms I've had an awful upset tummy ..... Literally haven't left the bathroom!! Bombshell go get that egg!! I would maybe leave out tomorrow too and test again the next day! Xx

Hope you catch that egg bombshell and good luck testing Tracy!

My test is even lighter today and temp stayed down so just waiting on AF to show up. Hopefully it'll come today so I can move on to July!

Aww hal I'm so sorry that is heartbreaking for u. I had forgotten how hard TTC is! Sending u lots of love and hugs xxx

Hope you catch that egg bombshell and good luck testing Tracy!

My test is even lighter today and temp stayed down so just waiting on AF to show up. Hopefully it'll come today so I can move on to July!

So sorry girl! Hoping July is good to you <3 lots of baby dust for this cycle!!

OPKs can be confusing at first, but that's what experienced friends are there for! We're always happy to help. :D

Of course it depends on how long your cycle is but the most common cycle length is 28 days with a 14 day luteal phase (LP). A luteal phase is the length of time between ovulation and the day that you get your period. Your LP usually does not change from cycle to cycle which means that if you O late then your period will likely be as late as your O was if you know how long your LP is. For example if you expect to O on CD 14 but don't O until CD 16 one cycle, if your LP is 14 days then your period will be 2 days late.

I started testing on CD 8 this cycle for just in case since I didn't know for sure how long my LP was, but most women test starting on CD 10 for a 28 day cycle and get their positive OPK on either CD 13 or CD 14. On any day that you aren't expecting to catch your surge (CD 10-12 for example) you should use one test sometime in the middle of the afternoon (so around 2-3 pm). This will give you the best chance of catching your surge if it occurs earlier than you were expecting.

A negative OPK will have a test line (the first line to show/the line on the left side by the end that you dip in the urine sample) that is lighter than the control line (the second line, the one on the right by the end of the test that does not get dipped into the urine sample). It is also possible for a test line to not show up at all, which still indicates that the test is negative. A positive test will have a test line that is either equally as dark as or darker than the control line.

It is also possible to get another positive test on the day that you actually Od since you can have another LH surge shortly after you O (on the day of ovulation). It's usually best to count your first positive test unless you get multiple positive test days in a row which could mean that you are taking longer to O after your surge than normal. This is why it is important to take temps while using OPKs since temps are the only thing that let you know for sure that you actually ovulated. OPKs only let you know when you're gearing up to ovulate. You normally ovulate 12-24 hours after your first positive test. On the day that you are expecting to get a positive OPK (the day before your expected O day) you should test once in the morning and once in the afternoon. If both of those tests are negative then I would suggest taking another test in the evening and/or night for just in case since surges can be short and can occur at any point in the day.

I got my positive OPK yesterday on CD 13 at 9 am. I took another test at 2 pm that was slightly less positive possibly due to water I had prior. I took two more tests after that in the evening and night which both turned out to appear close to positive.

These tests indicated that I had caught my surge right when I was expecting it and indicated that I would ovulate today on CD 14. The dip in my temperature this morning also indicates that it is likely that I ovulated sometime late last night or in the wee hours of the morning.

FF will confirm today as my O day if I have at least 3 temps in a row that are higher than the temp I had today. It will then place the cross hairs on my chart to indicate ovulation and let me know where my cover line is. If my temps stay above the cover line then it is likely that I am pregnant, however if any of my temps go below the cover line then I am not pregnant.

Thank you for that explanation! I kind of understand more! :thumbup:

What do you use to monitor your temp? I am not sure that I want to use that though, just because it will probably drive me bonkers!!
On a good note, DH and I BD'd (tmi sorry) and I was noticeably "moist" down there, much more than I have been the past week since AF came. I got really excited lol. I have felt more moist in my undies as well. I also noticed some stringy cm when I wiped earlier this morning, yay! :happydance:

Anyone else just get over night cm?!

I just use a regular BBT (basal body thermometer). The kind that shows 4 digits instead of 3. For example my temp this morning was 96.52 degrees F. It's just like taking your temperature with a 3 digit thermometer, I use it orally (although some women use it vaginally due to the theory that vaginal temping is more accurate). I got mine from Wal Mart in the pharmacy section, I can't remember how much it was though because I bought it before I got pregnant with DS. Temps can be confusing as well but if you take it at the same time every day before you get out of bed in the morning it's usually completely accurate. I've learned not to worry too much about big dips and spikes since they are apparently normal.

Yep! I've noticed that around CD 9 I tend start having more CM than normal and have the most CM on CD 13. I also get really horny (sorry TMI). Today both are much more toned down though, my CM is still stretchy but not EWCM anymore and I'm not feeling as much like BDing as I have the last few days. I was going to use yesterday as a cutoff but if DH is in the mood later I may actually ask him if he wants to BD in the hopes that I catch the O+12 theory timing.

Nevermind, just looked it up and for O+12 to actually work your OH has to abstain from "releasing" for at least 7 days (preferably longer) so yesterday is definitely our cutoff. I hope that the Rephresh was enough to sway girl for us.

Bfn this morning girls!! Just wanted to update u. Probably won't test with frer again until AF due. Thinking I'm out tho! Xx

Bfn this morning girls!! Just wanted to update u. Probably won't test with frer again until AF due. Thinking I'm out tho! Xx

Still have my fingers crossed for you tracy!! You're not out until the witch shows!!! Sorry for BFN :(

I just use a regular BBT (basal body thermometer). The kind that shows 4 digits instead of 3. For example my temp this morning was 96.52 degrees F. It's just like taking your temperature with a 3 digit thermometer, I use it orally (although some women use it vaginally due to the theory that vaginal temping is more accurate). I got mine from Wal Mart in the pharmacy section, I can't remember how much it was though because I bought it before I got pregnant with DS. Temps can be confusing as well but if you take it at the same time every day before you get out of bed in the morning it's usually completely accurate. I've learned not to worry too much about big dips and spikes since they are apparently normal.

Yep! I've noticed that around CD 9 I tend start having more CM than normal and have the most CM on CD 13. I also get really horny (sorry TMI). Today both are much more toned down though, my CM is still stretchy but not EWCM anymore and I'm not feeling as much like BDing as I have the last few days. I was going to use yesterday as a cutoff but if DH is in the mood later I may actually ask him if he wants to BD in the hopes that I catch the O+12 theory timing.

Nevermind, just looked it up and for O+12 to actually work your OH has to abstain from "releasing" for at least 7 days (preferably longer) so yesterday is definitely our cutoff. I hope that the Rephresh was enough to sway girl for us.

Hoping for your little girl eggie!!! <3 :flower:

You're not out yet Tracy! Stay positive!

Kalon, good luck with swaying girl. Haven't heard of rephresh or O+12 but hope it works out for you!

Haven't taken any OPK's for about 2 days now, might finish my last 2 tomorrow and the day after because I O in about 3 days according to FF!!:happydance:

Have been feeling pressure/uncomfortable in my pelvic region, wondering if I'm getting a UTI or cysts in my ovaries. I had a couple cysts with my last pregnancy...so hoping that if I do have them they won't interfere with TTC! Noticing more EWCM so that's a good sign. Going to BD later today after DH gets home from work. AND we bought a new puppy!!! Her name is Kita and she is 11 weeks old, she is a Siberian Husky and we love her even though she is still in the potty training stage lmao. That is my daughter and hubs in the photo with Kita. :)

Attachments

• 10341664_597567563719162_947141553380946552_n.jpg
    10341664_597567563719162_947141553380946552_n.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 3
Thanks ladies! I'm not feeling confident this cycle though, I really think that next cycle is going to be the one for me. :blush:
My temps are getting higher though so that's a good sign that I definitely O'd when I think I did. :happydance:

Tracy stay positive! Lots of ladies don't see a positive until the day of their missed period or even after AF is late. You're not out until the :witch: rears her ugly head.

Bombshellmom I hope all is normal and well with your reproductive system, maybe it's just gas? Sometimes that happens with me when I'm feeling gassy or constipated (sorry TMI) and then I feel better again after my system works itself out. Adorable picture of your DD and Kita, I'm jealous! I'd love to have a Siberian Husky, she's so pretty. :D

2 DPO and I'm already starting to get impatient, how am I ever going to make it through the next week or so? :wacko: :coffee:

Beautiful puppy bombshell! Congrats!

Stay positive Kalon - you never know whether it's happened or not. It's all such a crapshoot and then a painfully long wait to find out one way or the other. I really wish there could be some sort of alarm that goes off after BD that's like "fertilization success!"

Thanks ladies! I'm not feeling confident this cycle though, I really think that next cycle is going to be the one for me. :blush:
My temps are getting higher though so that's a good sign that I definitely O'd when I think I did. :happydance:

Tracy stay positive! Lots of ladies don't see a positive until the day of their missed period or even after AF is late. You're not out until the :witch: rears her ugly head.

Bombshellmom I hope all is normal and well with your reproductive system, maybe it's just gas? Sometimes that happens with me when I'm feeling gassy or constipated (sorry TMI) and then I feel better again after my system works itself out. Adorable picture of your DD and Kita, I'm jealous! I'd love to have a Siberian Husky, she's so pretty. :D

2 DPO and I'm already starting to get impatient, how am I ever going to make it through the next week or so? :wacko: :coffee:

I'm getting excited for you!!!! SOOON! Sending lots of baby dust your way....<3 why do you think next cycle instead of this one?!:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bumblebee1
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->