New Year 2012 babies

ao - Ill keep everything crossed for you. This must be a take home baby :hugs:

ST - I think IVF with egg sharing is less than £2k per go. I think there are some criteria you need to meet. They will run some tests on you to make sure your ovarian reserve is sufficient, not sure if there's anything else. But I think this is an excellent option. I really, really hope your visit to the clinic will be a positive one :flower: I also hope that the appeal letter will work. Do you think there'll be any problems getting it signed by the Dr?

I actually heard a story yesterday about a couple not getting IVF on the NHS. The guy had to have chemo and they froze his sperm before he became sterile. Then when they wanted to have IVF done the NHS wouldn't pay for it because they already had a child before the chemo.....I know it's the same rules for everyone but what they couldn't understand was why they were told to freeze the sperm for IVF without being told they will have to pay for it...It's all very unfair and heartbreaking :nope:

Still nothing for me symptoms-wise. I have a sneaky suspicion this will be another anovulatory cycle :nope: I don't have any twinges that I usually have or any ewcm. Im CD12.
Trask - Mucinex certainly won't hurt, but it tastes YUK YUK YUK :haha:

Im cd 16 today with no sign of ov....grrr!
Trask-let me know what the herts and essex is like!!!!! We are booked on the next open day-30th july I think.
ao30- IVF is roughly £5000 plus (or more in london) once you have paid for the consultation, the actual ivf itself and all the drugs. Can be more if you need a lot of tests beforehand such as hsg but at least im getting that on the nhs. Not sure what that is in US dollars. With egg share you only have to pay for the consultation, drugs and if you want anything frozen, or anything the man needs-about what maria said I think, -£2000 ish.
x

ST, I was really impressed with the Herts and Essex. The open evening was really good, very informative with a tour of the centre. It's our closest one so if we have treatment we would go there. Not likely though but we'll know for sure on Thursday.

:hugs: for all x

hi ladies. pretty sure that im out this cycle. switched OPK brands mid testing and never got a +. dont think i Od. lame.

Im having a similar problem Kimbre! I use cb digitals and buy off internet, They arrived in different packaging but I just thought 'oh they have changed the packaging'. Not one + and the dye seems to run over the lines ilike f you were to wee too much on it- but I know that I haven't. I think they were a dodgy pack tbh..... So no idea if oved or not! Ive given up now because I refuse to pay out more money! Also I have been ill so maybe still haven't oved. Or maybe have oved and missed it because of stupid dodgy sticks! cd19.x

Maria- Do you really notice a change in CM while taking Mucinex?

Well I know I'm probably going to be out on conceiving a 2012 baby. I move next month to start school back up..2 hours away from my husband and of course around my ovulation time!! :hissy: Although, I could drive back for :sex: on that day??

You'd be better off driving back the day before ov. Chances of pregnancy are higher.

CD3 for me. Decision day Thursday and not expecting good news :(

Trask, ill keep everything crossed for you! I really hope it's a positive appointment :flower:

Armywife - yes, I notice incredible difference with Mucinex. But I have to start taking it about 5 days before supposed O day, about 4 or 5 table spoons a day with a large glass of water. I get lots of really stretchy ewcm 1-2 days before Ov!

ST - sounds like dodgy packet, although I don't get on with CB digis. I love their normal OPKs but not digis and not even their fertility monitor. We bought it new off ebay last cycle and I was getting High readings for days. Then started getting the twinges and ewcm, took a ccouple of Boots own opks that were strong positive. CBFM was still not Peaking :nope:. I know for a fact I ovulated (had bloods done), but not acccording to the monitor. Digis are the same - I hardly ever get smiley faces. Have you tried the cheap little green sticks? Are you having a private appointment soon?

Kimbre - why do you think you are out? Any symptoms? Can't believe you are 8DPO already!

Trask! how did the appointment go today!!!? been thinking about you!x

No IVF, we don't qualify anymore due to the rule changes on June 1st. Well done on losing so much weight but nothing we can do :( Sorry we told you you could have it but no point in appeal or exceptional circumstances. Go away and have a nice life.

Oh Trask :hugs:

I can't even imagine how devastating this must be. I don't know what I would feel like if we were told that. This is THE ONLY hope for so many couples not to go totally crazy. How can they do this?!

And what really pisses me off is that for example East Sussex PCT offers everyone 6 (!!!!!) FREE IUIs followed by 1 IVF. Even my FS said it's a waste of time. 3 IUIs should be the maximum - so why are they wasting the precious funds on 3 additional ones rather than give couples like you another chance?!

Im so sorry about this horrible news. I feel really helpless not being able to give any advice :hugs:

Is there any way you can afford it privately with egg sharing scheme?

Thanks Maria

It is really unfair but it appears there is nothing that we can do about it. The FS told us that even if people have been granted 3 cycles of IVF but no longer qualify from June 1st they've been told they can't have it. Even if you have started cycle 1 or 2 of 3, you can finish the cycle but you won't get the rest of them! It really is astronomically cruel.

We can't do egg share as I am 39 years old and you have to be under 35. We are trying to see if we can get private ivf at the moment but that's our only chance really of a family.

It really is a very cruel system. Thanks for your good wishes :hugs:

Trask - you and DH are a very strong couple. I admire that!....I think Id be in pieces by now. All my heart goes out to you. This is just beyond words, this is life-changing...I am SO SO SORRY :nope::hugs:

To be honest i've been in pieces, now I am clinging onto hope that we can do it privately. If that fails then I really will fall apart but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Our pct has stopped doing IUI completely so i'm glad Sussex has given you some. I really hope it works for you :dust: When do you start?

Trask, I know this sounds huge, but would you consider moving to say Sussex? If that's out of question, I really, really hope you can get a loan for private IVF. I know some hospitals actually do financing for their services. I think BMI does.

Massive hugs to you, hun and :dust:

:hugs:

i am sorry trask. good luck whenever you start maria.
i am trying to get my medical insurance now to go talk to FS.

trask im so sorry I really hoped that unlike me as you had started seeing the FS before the rule change you would still qualify.
Its so bloody bloody awful isn't it!!!! DH and I were devastated when they said the same to us, so I know partly how you must feel. However I hadn't lost loads of weight like you did. at least now like someone else mentioned you are ready and healthy to start private ivf if you decide to go for it and can get the money from somehwere. I have now made an appointment at herts and essex for next thursday-luckily Im in the position to possibly egg share. However if im not suitble for whatever reason then we will be stuffed as can't afford the normal ivf prices. I rang on friday to get that appointment and managed to get is as someone else had cancelled. Other than that they are no appointments til august! so ring up quick if you think you can secure the money and wanted to go there as I no you have been to the open day!
Your a teacher too aren't you? I thought it would be good to try an sort things over the summer holidays. Good luck and let us know what you decide-I really do feel for you being 39, im no Im lucky to not have to worry about age yet! (apart from dh being 44!)-and I mean that it an really nice way!!!!
x

Oh, Trask-- that is just beyond horrible. I can't believe that they couldn't have "warned" you ahead of time; it's not as if changes to rules and laws happen overnight! It makes no sense, in my opinion... especially since you weren't a newer patient; you had already met with them and were in the process of moving forward with treatment. I am so sorry. I hope that going private is a possibility for you :hug:

Kimbre- Good luck with that insurance!

Armywife- I'm sorry that you think you are probably out for a 2012 baby. Many hugs to you as well.

Schoolteacher- Hoping that egg-sharing works out for you!

...Has anyone heard from Rivet? Hope she and her bean are ok...

Ao30-good point about rivet, hope she is ok. An how ru getting on? How many weeks now? scan coming up soon??xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone

We've managed to get a cancellation for the Herts and Essex the week after next and received all our paperwork in the post today. It would be great if we could get the ball rolling in the six week holidays as yes, ST, I am a teacher too! We were really impressed with them when we went to their open day.

ST, I really hope you can do the egg share scheme. It saves so much money so i'd have gone for it too if I hadn't been so old (in fertility years lol).

A030, you've changed your status to expecting, yay :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->