New Year 2012 babies

Rivet- It does just happen!!!! :)

Ao30- I am still happy for you and hopeing for the best for the next nine months.

I did a test on the 19th... notta, However when I checked my cervix on the 20th it was very ov like, so maybe the cramps came from ov. I do remember having some of the worst cramps during my ov time (they are worst then when it is af time).

I did start the Vitex on the 20th 1 400 mg pill, 21st 1 400 mg pill, 22 2 400mg pill and today 2 400 mg pills, I will go up to 3 tomorrow and stay at that for about a week and add 1 more pill in 2 weeks. I have seen women usually are at the 1200 dose to 1800. Minor side affects very brief nausia, I had to stop taking the b complex it gave me a horrid headache. I have been in a better mood overall though!

Hi all
Well the fs appointment didn't go well at all. I felt upset as soon as we arrived and had to sit with all the pregnant bumps. Then when I was weighed, measured etc by this young healthcare assistant girl, she commited the ultimate boo boo of saying 'when you stop trying that's when it happens!' er no love that's why we are here! Can you beleive that??? coming from a healthcare assistant!!!!
At the actual appointment, the guy looked at all our records and said more or less straight away that he would recommend ivf as the best option due to dh's low sperm count. he said that vr's normally get worse in numbers over time not higher. In the very next breath he told us that we would not be eligible for funding as we don't meet the criteria as my dh has (grown-up!!!) children from his previous marriage. Me and dh both started crying but he wouldn't budge (tho not his decision anyway) he said the policy has just changed-as I had read on internet that we would be eligible!! so it was a shock and someone need to bloody update the website!!!!!
All he will give us is further tests for me.
So thats it-we can't afford to go private.
Devastated doesn't cover it. I said we would appeal (as there are letter proformas for this on the infertility network website) but the guy said 'off the record' -that won't work.

I was even more upset when I got home and managed to find the revised policy for east of england as I discovered that it was only updated on the 1st of June! so if my Dr had referred us earlier.........

Dh very upset and angry as he feels im blaming him through my upset.

thanks rivet and congrats on your well deserved bfp! miracles do happen!x

Oh ST, I'm so sorry! I though the "previous kids" rule only applied to women. How can they punish you like that just because your DH had a child with ANOTHER woman?!
Would you ever consider egg sharing? IVF costs are then halved.

I feel really guilty writing about my appointment now - honestly....just realising how unfair the system is makes me so upset :( But we've been referred for 3 IUIs and 1 IVF on the NHS. Because we are in West sussex its 3 IUIs. In East Sussex its 6. This is what I don't get?! How dare they offer someone 6 free IUIs just across the street from me and yet let people like you down completely? Where's the logic and fairness?

Just on the train now to Liverpool.

Kitten - have you told DH??

Sorry to hear that Schoolteacher! They recommended IVF? Was the count the only thing that came back off? With a low count you can still be successful IUI, which is tons cheaper than IVF.

Gosh, I wish the US had a healthcare system like NHS. IVF is hella expensive here.

At the actual appointment, the guy looked at all our records and said more or less straight away that he would recommend ivf as the best option due to dh's low sperm count. he said that vr's normally get worse in numbers over time not higher. In the very next breath he told us that we would not be eligible for funding as we don't meet the criteria as my dh has (grown-up!!!) children from his previous marriage. Me and dh both started crying but he wouldn't budge (tho not his decision anyway) he said the policy has just changed-as I had read on internet that we would be eligible!! so it was a shock and someone need to bloody update the website!!!!!
All he will give us is further tests for me.
So thats it-we can't afford to go private.
Devastated doesn't cover it. I said we would appeal (as there are letter proformas for this on the infertility network website) but the guy said 'off the record' -that won't work.

I was even more upset when I got home and managed to find the revised policy for east of england as I discovered that it was only updated on the 1st of June! so if my Dr had referred us earlier.........

Dh very upset and angry as he feels im blaming him through my upset.

OMG ST i'm so sorry and horrified by what you have written. If that is the case then i've just lost my funding too! Dh has a son from previous marriage that doesn't live with us. I wonder if that means they won't now refer us too. My appointment is in 2 weeks. No wonder you are devestated! I would be too. I can't imagine how you are feeling right now. We couldn't afford private treatment either.

GIANT :hug:

Trask-surely they would have told you by now if you weren't eligible for funding so hopefully u are! Im in cambridgeshire pct which is covered by the east of england commissioning policy-I don't know if hertfordshire would come under that too? Im cross that the poilcy only changed on 1st june!

Sorry to hear that Schoolteacher! They recommended IVF? Was the count the only thing that came back off? With a low count you can still be successful IUI, which is tons cheaper than IVF.

Gosh, I wish the US had a healthcare system like NHS. IVF is hella expensive here.

yeah I said 'what about iui first' but he said it wouldn't be worth it! I don't know, someone else might say something different!

yeah I said 'what about iui first' but he said it wouldn't be worth it! I don't know, someone else might say something different!

Did he give a reason why? Can you save up a little bit maybe and get a private consultation with another OBGYN and see what they say? That's what we did. Seems a bit dismissive to me to not even try the IUI route...maybe there are different regs on that? I saw something on the BBC the other day about the unfairness in the areas. It's come to light because a couple can't get IVF funding because they've already had a baby even though he died at 8 months, but if they lived in another place they could. It just doesn't seem right. :cry:

ST, unfortunately Hertfordshire is East of England too. Will see what they say on the 7th. It's our third appointment and they haven't said so far but the last one was March, before the change of policy.

I really do feel for you. I fell apart just by reading what you'd written. I would appeal, even if they think you have no chance, they can't just get away with this crap without protest!

Sending you the largest of :hug:

Oh ST, I'm so sorry! I though the "previous kids" rule only applied to women. How can they punish you like that just because your DH had a child with ANOTHER woman?!
Would you ever consider egg sharing? IVF costs are then halved.

I feel really guilty writing about my appointment now - honestly....just realising how unfair the system is makes me so upset :( But we've been referred for 3 IUIs and 1 IVF on the NHS. Because we are in West sussex its 3 IUIs. In East Sussex its 6. This is what I don't get?! How dare they offer someone 6 free IUIs just across the street from me and yet let people like you down completely? Where's the logic and fairness?

Good luck with your IUIs and IVF Maria. I hope you don't have to wait too long!

schoolteacher- Many hugs to you; I hope that this was some oversight, or perhaps the doctor didn't know what he was talking about. And here's hoping for that natural BFP. Sending many hugs your way :hugs:

--

rivet- Oh, my goodness, oh my goodness! Congratulations! Isn't it odd how these things happen when you "know" they won't; can't? Just read your last few journal entries--seems as though you've written everything I felt those first few days and weeks-- that nervousness and anxiety. Best of luck to you and the little bean :)

ao - how is it going? When's your first scan? You must be coming up to 10 weeks. How's hubby dealing with it? Have you told anyone else?

How are the other ladies? Not heard from some girls for ages! Kimbre, Lissa?

I'm CD11 and sometimes I think I have ewcm but (TMI coming!!) only if I bring it down when checking the cervix. I'm taking Mucinex and hoping that it will help with ewcm and that it does mean ovulation is on the way.

ST, unfortunately Hertfordshire is East of England too. Will see what they say on the 7th. It's our third appointment and they haven't said so far but the last one was March, before the change of policy.

I really do feel for you. I fell apart just by reading what you'd written. I would appeal, even if they think you have no chance, they can't just get away with this crap without protest!

Thanks!

-I think you will be fine Trask as they started seeing you before the policy changed!xx

cd14 today but no +opk yet unless I missed it yesterday as I had ran out of sticks! Have written a letter of appeal that I just need to get signed by my doctor.Have also started looking at private clinics, Bourn hall, and the herts and essex. Booked on open days at both with an interest in egg sharing so the costs are much much less -plus can help a lady who needs eggs!
x

Roughly how much does IVF cost privately in the UK, schoolteacher? I wonder if it's close to what the cost is in the States. Hopefully that appeal will get through to someone!

Good luck on that appointment on the 7th, Trask!

Maria- Here's hoping that OV is on the way. I wonder why some women get tons of fertile CM and some get none? Wish there were more studies on this, as it sometimes seems quite random.

As for me, I will be on week 10 this coming Friday. Still haven't scheduled any appointments; will do so as soon as we have the insurance figured out. Guessing it won't be before week 12 (if I get that far), which I am fine with, as I really don't like spending more time than necessary at the doctors.

Husband is really supportive; he doesn't treat me like a fragile china cup, but is definitely taking care of me. I was afraid he wouldn't let my feet so much as touch the ground, but he's being realistic about the whole thing and I'm glad.

I've told one other person, a close relative who has always been like a mother to me. She helped me through the worst of the morning sickness while husband was away. We're waiting to tell our parents until after my appointment, or when I can't hide it anymore, whichever comes first. Coincidentally, both sets of parents are celebrating wedding anniversaries in July, so if everything works out, it should be a nice surprise/"gift" for them.

Thanks!

-I think you will be fine Trask as they started seeing you before the policy changed!xx

It's looking like you have to have started the IVF or had your funding allocated. We hadn't. We'll find out for definite next week. We've been trying to get answers for the last few days but no luck so far.

cd14 today but no +opk yet unless I missed it yesterday as I had ran out of sticks! Have written a letter of appeal that I just need to get signed by my doctor.Have also started looking at private clinics, Bourn hall, and the herts and essex. Booked on open days at both with an interest in egg sharing so the costs are much much less -plus can help a lady who needs eggs!
x

I really hope that they can work something out for you ST. We are off to the Oxford FU tonight and Herts and Essex tomorrow night. We can't do egg share as I am too old so will be full cost. We decided to still go incase we get lucky with exceptional circumstances/appeal/or a loan!

Roughly how much does IVF cost privately in the UK, schoolteacher? I wonder if it's close to what the cost is in the States. Hopefully that appeal will get through to someone!

Good luck on that appointment on the 7th, Trask!

Maria- Here's hoping that OV is on the way. I wonder why some women get tons of fertile CM and some get none? Wish there were more studies on this, as it sometimes seems quite random.

As for me, I will be on week 10 this coming Friday. Still haven't scheduled any appointments; will do so as soon as we have the insurance figured out. Guessing it won't be before week 12 (if I get that far), which I am fine with, as I really don't like spending more time than necessary at the doctors.

Husband is really supportive; he doesn't treat me like a fragile china cup, but is definitely taking care of me. I was afraid he wouldn't let my feet so much as touch the ground, but he's being realistic about the whole thing and I'm glad.

I've told one other person, a close relative who has always been like a mother to me. She helped me through the worst of the morning sickness while husband was away. We're waiting to tell our parents until after my appointment, or when I can't hide it anymore, whichever comes first. Coincidentally, both sets of parents are celebrating wedding anniversaries in July, so if everything works out, it should be a nice surprise/"gift" for them.

Very happy to hear that things are still going well for you and that DH is being supportive. I'm glad you have someone in the real world that you can talk to.

I'm CD11 and sometimes I think I have ewcm but (TMI coming!!) only if I bring it down when checking the cervix. I'm taking Mucinex and hoping that it will help with ewcm and that it does mean ovulation is on the way.

Oh fingers crossed for you Maria! I'm a not much cm person as well so empathise. Hopefully the Mucinex will help you. Can't hurt at all :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->