New Year 2012 babies

Traskey: I'm so sorry things haven't gone right because of the rule changes. It seem so terribly unfair the way they seem to give some people IVF and others not.

Ao30 & ST... Still hanging in here I think. I don't know tbh. I've been so busy with packing as we move on Thursday next week. I have a scan on Wednesday just before we go and then we'll know for sure. But this is the week where I bled so heavily last time so it's like waiting for it all to fall apart. I don't really feel pregnant although I have felt majorly nauseous.

:dust: for a sticky bean Rivet. Make sure everyone else does the lifting when you move. Stand there and supervise :D Good luck with the scan, I really hope all goes well for you :hugs:

Trask we were debating between bourn hall nr cambridge and herts and essex an u saying it was good swung it! other people on here say its good too! bourn hall is nearer to us but we don't mind a journey. Im too impatient to wait for an open evening so really glad we have both got an appointment! get the ball rolling!xxxxxxx

:wohoo: Let us know how you get on!

How's everyone else?

Rivet and ao30 - fingers tightly crossed for you, ladies :happydance:

ST - wow, that's quick! Best of luck! It's time for some good news for you, hun :hugs:

Im 9DPO and a BFN :nope: I had what seemed to be implantation spotting 2 days ago which Ive never had before so I was getting my hopes high - stupidly! But if did implant on 7DPO it would have shown on a FRER, wouldn't it?!
I also have NO symptoms and Im convinced that you must have at least 1 or 2 symptoms before a BFP...

Oh well, who was I kissing?! Am seeing my FS next wednesday to talk about starting IUI in september

Aww, i'm sorry Maria. I think it can take a good few days to show up so you never know. A few of the girls on here have had bfps with no symptoms at all so I wouldn't worry about that.

:dust: for you.

Maria- here's hoping that you you still get a BFP. 9DPO was too early to test for me, and I had zero symptoms as well. FX!

Rivet- glad to hear things are going well. Hope the scan goes well!

On Friday I will be at 12 weeks (can't believe I just typed that. Seems so surreal). The nausea is almost all pretty much gone, and my stomach is not as toned as it once was, but I don't look pregnant. I'll be calling my doctor for an appointment and a scan next week. I had one evening of very light pink spotting when I wiped and I cried myself to sleep... but nothing since. So hopefully it was nothing.

Maria- here's hoping that you you still get a BFP. 9DPO was too early to test for me, and I had zero symptoms as well. FX!

Rivet- glad to hear things are going well. Hope the scan goes well!

On Friday I will be at 12 weeks (can't believe I just typed that. Seems so surreal). The nausea is almost all pretty much gone, and my stomach is not as toned as it once was, but I don't look pregnant. I'll be calling my doctor for an appointment and a scan next week. I had one evening of very light pink spotting when I wiped and I cried myself to sleep... but nothing since. So hopefully it was nothing.

Maria-I managed to get a cancellation!! and I agree with ao30 some people just don't get initial symptoms and I have heard some women on here not get bfps til 16dpo. GL!!! xxx

Trask-Will let you know how it goes!!!

ao30-Sounds like your spotting was a one off, I understand you must have been worried sick, and it's little reassurance to know that its quite common and more often than not doesn't mean anything bad! 12 weeks-thats fantastic! and an important milestone:) xxxxxxxxxxxx

ao30 i had a little light spotting with my daughter and i carried her to term=) good luck.

i was due on the 7th for AF she didnt show, then on the 11th i had like a minute of spotting brown...

i didnt think id Od anyway since i stopped OPKs and temping at around CD 18...bc i usually get a + OPK on no later than CD 14.
i read that you can have a light AF for no O? does anyone have any experience with this. i never spotted or got AF again.

Hmm, the one time I didn't get a peak on the CBFM for ov I still had a proper period. Maybe you should test again?

just tested again with an IC as i did yesterday and i dunno. looks negative. so confusing!

i dunno but if i tilt it outside in natural light it looks like theres something hahaha i have done that with ICs b4 though i doubt im preggers. i hope not, since i was on meds for strep throat! id be worried something would be wrong with the baby...but then again if not, hell ya id be sooo happy hahahaha

ao - best of luck with the appointment and the scan :thumbup: I am sure the spotting was enough to totally freak you out! I panic at everything so this would have been enough to turn my world upside down. Fingers are still tightly crossed for you! :hugs:

ST - waiting for your update!!!!

Kimbre - I honestly don't know.....Sounds like a messed up cycle to me. I naturally hope it is a BFP and you just ovulated late and its taking it's time to show. IC can be rubbish though - any chance of a FRER? Saying that if you didn't ovulate af can either not turn up at all (and leave you with that horrible suspense feeling) or it may be very light.

AFM - Im 11DPO and have had on/off spotting for 4 days now :nope: my BBT is still very high so I have no idea HOW I can be spotting! I thought you spot because of low progesterone (or Luetal pahse defficiency) but with low progesterone the BBT should be low as well. I just think that spotting from 7DPO is totally out of order...still no proper af but spotting getting a bit heavier. BFN on 2 tests today...

i do have a FRER... but i dunno if i want to waste it, i just feel like i didnt O at all.

im testing again in a bit. and starting OPKs just in case anyway. i wouldnt want to miss it. the other day i had what looked like fertile CM! but took a OPK and wasnt + it was strange!

Hello everyone! sorry it has taken me a few days to get on here since my appointment at herts and essex on thursday. Well overall.....good news!!!!!!! depending on a lot of blood tests coming back fine (mostly for sti's), we are going to be egg sharing and having icsi in a couple of months!
Let me tell you the whole story. The journey to the centre was vey stressful!!! Steve said we should leave at 9am to get there for 10.30 -its an hours journey. However due to me faffing around asking steve which shoes I should wear (like some women do!) we left about 9.20. Due to traffic etc we realised quite soon that we would just make it in time. I hate hate hate being late!!!!! and of course for an appointment like this I really did not want to be late. Anyhow about half way into the journey I looked down and my feet and almost had a heart attack! I had on one grey plimsoll type shoe and one black ballet pump on!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I have never felt so sick in my life!!!! Now please don't think this is something I have ever ever done before!!! I would not put different shoes on!! However I had put one shoe on one foot and a different one on the other to ask steve which ones to wear! that was 2 mins before we left. So I just put jacket on and got in the car still in odd shoes! Anyway to cut a long story short we managed to find a superstore at 9.26. I sprinted in like a crazy women, grabbed a pair of shoes, paid for them and ran out!!!! i felt like I was on a tv show!!! -Also got a lot of funny looks!!!!
Arrived at the centre at 10.32!!! how lucky was that!!! I ran in to the reception to say we had arrived at was so out of breath!! the lady there was so nice though, she calmed me down and told me to sit down and have a drink and that we weren't late. My hands were shaking as I handed over our forms!!! and I was almost crying with relief-I think it was the adrenalin.

Ok so now the stuff you actually (maybe) wanted to know! We met with the nurse and were weighed, measured etc and sign lots of forms. Then steve had to give a sperm sample (poor thing) but I went in with him to help! Then we went to meet the consultant who (and I wasn't expecting this just thought we were gonna talk to him) straight away said he was gonna do an ultrasound based on my long cycles. I could see the screen as he was doing something and heard him say polycystic to the nurse.
Back in his office he explained that I have pcos! Now I know I have long cycles but never thought I actually has anything wrong with me!!! so was a bit of a shock. he said my ovaries were enlarged and that I was waking up lots and lots of eggs every month? I can't remember what else he said about it, it was too much to take in! So with steve having v.low sperm etc and me having pcos no wonder we have never got a bfp-we don't stand a chance!!!!! I say this because when steve's sperm sample came back whilst we were still there we found out he only had 27 present! and no not million, only 27 solitary sperm! with only one of those moving :(
This was a huge shock as his last sample had 2 million in total and the time before that 7million in total! I can't believe it has declined so badly!!!! Im angry that people are not told this will happen with vr's.
Anyway now for some good news-the consultant said we should be able to do egg sharing and that actually me have pcos is quite helpful for egg sharing as I will likely develop a lot of eggs!!!!!! however this also increases my risk of ohs. He said all our drugs and ivf would be free but actually due to steve's sperm we will need to have icsi and possibly also pesa for steve. both of those have to paid for. and of course if we wanted embryos frozen we would pay for that too. Of course this would still come to a lot less than paying for everything. He has put me on metformin and the pill. The pill to stop me ovulating until they find a recipient for my eggs, and im not exactly sure what the metformin does? -apart from give really nasty side effects!!
So after that we filled in even more forms, and to cut a long story short that was that!
We were there 3 and a half hrs.
Im sure there is more to write but I apologise for writing so much already!!!
xxxxxxxxxx

Oh wow ST. What news!!!!!!! I am so pleased that you have some answers at last :dance:

:haha: about the shoes. Just shows how stressed you were about it all that you left with different shoes!

I am sorry that there were only 27 sperm present for DH, hopefully it will improve next time for you. What is pesa? Is that surgical removal of the sperm? It's great news that you can egg share but what a shock on the pcos. It's the not knowing what's going on that's such a struggle. Now that you know, and you are producing lots of eggs, that will help you move forward with the ICSI.

So pleased it looks like it's all starting for you :wohoo:

Thanks trask-yeah pesa is surgical sperm extraction -unfortunately it's an additional £900though. When is your appointment, I thought it was this week coming but your ticker says otherwise? Are you also now thinking icsi rather than normal ivf too? I was really so so impressed with herts and essex, our consultant is Dr David Ogutu. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's looking like ICSI as the count is low and so is the morphology (4%). Our appointment was meant to be Tuesday but we have a consultant coming in at work and couldn't get the time off. It's now the week after when school is finished.

So pleased you are suitable for egg sharing and can afford treatment :) Let us know when you get started :dance:

Congrats schoolteacher-- definitely sounds promising! FX! The shoe story will be something you'll tell your kids down the road :)

Trask- so is your appointment next week? Hope it goes well!

Kimbre- any news; did you test again?

Maria- that is odd. I used to spot for up to three days before getting AF, and then my cycles changed to no spotting... wonder what this means for you?

Hi Ladies - how are we all?

ao - did you have your scan? How did it go? We want to see some piccies :winkwink:

Rivet - how are things with you?

Kimbre - did af start or where are in the cycle?

ST - sounds like things are finally looking up for you :thumbup: You really deserve some good news! Question is - when can you start?!

Trask - when's your appointment?

AFM - my FS confirmed we can start IUI in september (could have started earlier but we are off on holibobs for 2 weeks in august). He asked me about other symptoms last cycle, apart from spotting. I also had very sever cramps at 10DPO (way too early for af cramps) and actual af was heavier than usual. He thinks it's most likely was an implantation attempt but something went wrong last minute. But of course this is just guess-work. If it was attempted implantation Id be over the moon! Because it means I can physically get as far as implantation!
So we still have 2 cycles to conceive naturally before IUI and you never know :winkwink: Oh and Im CD7 today so am in the "boring" part of the cycle :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->