November Testing Party (cont. from October Testing Party thread) - Join Me!

Hello uniters !!!!

Just to let you all know I am still lurking around keeping an eye out for those bfp I have everything crossed for you all !!! Hope all you lovely ladies are well and a early Happy Halloween xxxx

Opk wasn't positive yesterday. Oh well, I am sure it will be within the next two days. I did get some :sex: last night so still on track with smep this month. Got my daughter's costume sewn with the exception of hemming the legs and sleeves, put it on her to mark the hems and nearly had to grease her up to get her in. :dohh: So I ended up opening the side seams and adding two inches of fabric to each side. I will try it on her again when she wakes up from her nap. I think it should fit her now.

Finally managed to catch up! :)

Lou - FX'd you get some answers at your appointment.

MnG - that's funny about the ketchup! :haha: I don't think I'd be too keen on the stuff either if I use to wash dishes!

Turtle - I love your piñata pics! You both look great! I'm good thank you. Thanks for asking. I was a little stressed last night but got everything done I needed to today at work so feeling a bit more relaxed now. Apart from trains are delayed tonight so will be home an hour later than usual :(

Irish - I'm completely the opposite and prefer the TWW waiting to ovulate...I find the actual TWW so stressful with symptom spotting and hopes going up only to go back down again! It's funny how we are all different.

Wantingagirl / onetubeleft - welcome to the November thread. :wave: I have you all added. GL catching that eggy!

Loobs - :haha: I know what you mean about keeping up! Ive started to write a reply in my notes on my iphone and copy and paste it at re end! Otherwise my memory would be awful too!

Eclaire - Thats funny about your dd's Halloween costume :haha: glad you managed to fix it though! I wish I was good at sewing. Do you have a sewing machine or do you do it by hand?

Nori - I've put you down for the 25th but let me know if you need to change it!

Mama - your not alone with wanting twins...me and my hubby would love them too! I have everything crossed you get your wish! :hug:

Orion - that costume sounds fun. Do all the kiddies dress up too?

Miss406 - I'd say that was positive. You usually get your LH surge mid morning which is prob why you got a neg with FMU and pos with SMU. Was the CB pic taken with FMU too? I know the CB instructions always say to use FMU but I still use them when I get home from work around 7pm so I don't miss the surge. I tested out the the story one cycle and got a neg with my CB with FMU and a pos in the evening! The best time to test is around 2pm apparently but I always forget to take mine to work so test when I get home.

Emski - nice to hear from you! :wave: I hope you and baby are doing well! I can't believe your 8 weeks along already!

Afm - I have loads of ewcm today so suspect I'll get my +ve OPK when I test in a bit. We started SMEP a bit later than planned but if I get my positive OPK late we're going to try and DTD tonight, tomor morning (as both me & hubby are out tomor night), Friday morn and finally on Sunday morning! So wish me luck as I think I'm going to be shattered come Sunday! :haha:

I need a bit of advice from the ladies who are already mommies...I am bridesmaid for my BFF next June. She has just ordered bridesmaid dresses and I got her to order me a UK size 12, 14, 16 and 18 (she knows we are TTC) but she needs to send back the ones I'm not keeping within 28 days. Anyway I need to decide which size to keep. If November is my lucky month I'll be 7.5months pregnant at her wedding. I'm usually a UK size 12 and only a B cup in boobs and the dress is floaty and the size 12 fits me perfectly atm. How many dress sizes do you think I'd go up if I was 7.5 months preggers? As the dress is floaty and can easily go over a bump, its more my chest area I'm concerned about growing. I'll try and find a pic of the dress so you can see what you think.

Hey everyone. Hope you don't mind if I join you all. I have just spotted this thread. I'm thinking of testing on the 1st Nov :D

This is me in the dress. As you can see it's very floaty from the waist down but tight up top.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 24
This is me in the dress. As you can see it's very floaty from the waist down but tight up top.

I would say keep the 14 so you have a little extra room but aren't swimming in extra fabric if it doesn't happen. Also, I only went up one cup size during and one after my first (went from A prior to B during to C after). With my second I went up one size during and one more after I stopped nursing (WTH??) So I went A to B to C, then C to D to finally DD. the dress' waistline is perfect for pregnancy so definitely don't go to much bigger. You can always pick out a cheap redactor bra if you grow too much cupwise between now and the wedding (it'll only be on for a few hours anyways and then you can change). Hope I helped

Hey ladies I have a few questions. Has anyone ever used Fertili Tea loose tea or Conceive Easy pills? What did you like dislike about them? Can I use those yummy vitamin C drops to get the extra vitamin C that's good for watery cm? How much mucinex should I use? Can I safely add sugar to my Fertili Tea? Why has my cervix stayed high soft and closed for the last week and started to feel longer (as in cant dtd in my fave positions anymore bc it hurts bc my cervix feels longer and my insides are tighter) if I'm not already preggers???

Querida - that's really helpful! Thank you so much!

Rockinghorse - I have you added! GL! Xx

Just got my smiley face! So I'm off to catch that eggy! :thumbup: :sex: :spermy:

Bing - my recommendation is to go up 2 sizes actually in case you are pregnant. That dress is belted around your middle (or at least appears so in the photo) which is where I expanded the most in my last pregnancy, and not lower like where the flowy part is. Dresses here can be taken in or let out anywhere from 1-2 sizes so you could still get it altered down a size if needed.
My friend was just in a wedding 11 days after having a baby. She fit in a dress 2 sizes up from her pre-baby size, and sized the dress when she was around 6 months pregnant.

Bing I worked as a seamstress before my dd was born and have altered dozens of bridesmaids dresses. Here is my advice, look inside the bodice of the dress and see what kind of seam allowance there is. (That would be the amount of fabric left over at each seam.) Also look to see if there are notches in the seam allowance as that will limit how much you can let the dress out. Most dresses won't give you more that half an inch per seam to be let out. And since this dress is fitted at the natural waistline you will be in big trouble if you are 7 months pregnant since there won't be enough fabric to compensate. Sizes in the states are usually 1 to 1 1/2inches different so two sizes will likely only give you 3 inches extra to play with. I say go as big as you can because it is easier and cheaper to take it in than to run out of room letting it out. Hold off giving your friend a size request until the last minute so you have more time to determine your needs. Hope this helps. Now go catch that egg.

Got my positive opk so let the :sex: marathon start. Thanks to smep I am looking at 4 days in a row. Better get a couple of bottles of wine ready. (I drank 3 glasses the night I conceived dd) so I think I might try that again.

Bing I just looked at the pictures again and had an idea. If your friend is okay with your dress being slightly different you could go up one size and have the waist raised so that it falls right under the bustline (like an empire waist). That would give you enough room for a baby bump and pregnancy boobs. The only issue would be the length, but honestly any dress would be shorter in the front if you were pregnant.

Kosmik / Eclaire - thanks so much for the advice! How lucky am I to have a thread with a seamstress! I'll have a look at the dress tomorrow to see how much seam there is! Yes that's a good idea about moving the waist up. I too think it will be best to maybe keep the size 16 so I can always get it made smaller if need be, as like you say it will be easier to make smaller than take out!

Eclaire - looks like we will be TWW buddies! :happydance: I too will be :sex: 4 nights in a row! And I like your thinking about the :wine: !

Xx

Yea I know I can't believe I am 8 weeks I had my first midwife appointment yesterday :o

Bing the dress is really nice I have my sister in laws wedding in Dec I brought the dress the month before I fell hopefully it will still fit I will be 4 months so fx bump will still be small !

Go get that egg !!:happydance:

Emski - I'm sure you'll be fine, my sister was 5 months pregnant at my wedding and we bought the dresses just before she found out. I think she had to have it taken out a tiny bit as she was just starting to get a proper bump. But like Eclaire said, if it's got a decent seam you could always have it taken out a little bit if it is too tight.

It's just so hard with me as I don't know if I'll need a bigger dress size or not yet! FX'd I will! :)

How did the midwife appointment go?

Xx

Hey ladies I have a few questions. Has anyone ever used Fertili Tea loose tea or Conceive Easy pills? What did you like dislike about them? Can I use those yummy vitamin C drops to get the extra vitamin C that's good for watery cm? How much mucinex should I use? Can I safely add sugar to my Fertili Tea? Why has my cervix stayed high soft and closed for the last week and started to feel longer (as in cant dtd in my fave positions anymore bc it hurts bc my cervix feels longer and my insides are tighter) if I'm not already preggers???

Sorry but I don't know the answer to any of those question. I have heard checking your cervix is not very reliable though. FX'd some of the other ladies on here will be able to help you. Xx

Bing - I have no helpful advice but that dress is beautiful! And I love the idea of typing replies in the notes bit of your phone. Might steal that!

Lots of BDing going on with these positive OPKs I hope! Catch those eggies girls!

AFM, my temp came back down again to its normal pre O range today so I've disregarded yesterdays high one. Just some light spotting today so I'm almost ready to get onto the fun bit!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"