**October Babies**

i do like Elyse!!
and ellie is a cute nick name option :-D
let's see what he says
xx

TMI alert!

But I just learned how hard it is to shave your parts with a bump, damn near killed myself trying, lmao. Not even sure how it turned out LOL!

And yea Ellie is really cute for a nickname, maybe you can compromise and if he likes that name he can choose a middle name?

that's a good idea!
he said he likes Elyse, but i'm not sure if it clicks..
what do you girlies think of Elisabeth?
too outdated/stuffy?

i've been having a hard time shaving my legs too! :winkwink:
xxx

Ok here goes :thumbup:

Isabel/Isabelle
Variations of Elizabeth (didn't know that!).
Both of these variations are staying firmly in the Top 50, a century after their first wave of success. Easy to see why: it's lady-like and melodic, traditional yet offbeat, and sounds smart as well as pretty. Only downside: so many other little Isabels, Isabelles, Isabellas, Belles and Bellas.
Bel, Belita, Belle, Bella, Ib, Ibbie, Isa, Issie, Izzie, Sabella, Sabelle, Isibeal (Irish Gaelic), Isabeau (French), Ysabelle (Spanish) <-- Like the spelling on the spanish one :flower:

If you liked Isabelle you might love:
Alessandra, Allegra, Anastacia, Angelica, Arabella, Christiana, Clementina, Cressida, Eliana, Engracia, Estella, Francesca, Gabriella, Julietta, Lilliana, Mirabella, Raffaela, Tatiana

Sophia
Greek ~ wisdom
Ancient name with a sensuous sound and high-minded meaning, chosen by several celeb parents and heading up the Top 100 without losing any - okay, much - of its sophisticated beauty. A real winner.
Saffi, Soph, Sophee, Fifi

Hannah
Hebrew - 'the Lord has favoured me'
Hannah is one of the top biblical girl's name, due to its many sources of appeal: Old Testament roots, soft and gentle sound, and a homey yet aristocratic image. All in all, a wonderful if very widely used name.
Chanah, Hannie

Layla ooo this one is *STARRED* which I think means the book really likes it :haha:
Arabic - 'dark beauty'; a variation of Laila
This lovely musical name (remember the old Eric Clapton song?) has seen a significant surge in popularity, no doubt through its kinship with hugely successful Kayla, recently entering the Top 100.
Laila

Georgia **STARRED**
English, feminine variation of George
A name so rich, so lush and lucious, it's almost irresistable. With a strong place in the Top 50, it's now a rising star among the feminisations of George, helped by associations with the painter O'Keeffe and the Ray Charles song playing in the background. (?? :shrug:)
Georgeanne, Georgene, Georgi, Jorja, Gigi (French)

Vivienne
French variation of Vivian
An elaborated Gallic version of the name, chosen by Rosie O'Donnell for her daughter.
(That's it.. book obviously doesn't have much to say about that name. I like it :flower:)

Eden **STARRED**
Hebrew 'place of pleasure, delight'
Attractive paradise-equivalent of the more-popular Neveah (yes, that's heaven spelt backwords). The two long e's make it sound especially serene.
Ede, Edena, Edenia, Edyn

Naomi
Hebrew 'my joy, my delight'
This long-neglected Old Testament name seems to finally be finding favour with parents seeking a biblical name with a soft, melodic sound and a positive meaning, suddenly sounding fresher than the widely used Sarah, Rachel and Rebecca. Beautiful black model Naomi Campbell has helped the modernisation, and it's made an appearence in the Top 100 a few times recently.
Naomee, Naomia, Neoma, Neomi, Nyomi

Ta da!! xxx

Elyse
Variation of Elise or Elysia
Elysia - This version stands out from the pack as it relates to Elysian Fields, the mythological home of dead heroes.

Wow!! Jade, i love you so much right now :rofl:
thanks hon :hugs:

i love Elizabeth and Eliana!!
and Saffi is so cute!
xxx

Elizabeth **STARRED**
Hebrew - 'pledged to God'
While Elizabeth, one of the premiere classic girls' names, is still in the Top 50, there are actually fewer babies getting the name these days. It has so much going for it - rich history, broad appeal and timeless style - that no matter how many little Lizzies, Elizas and Beths are out there, you can still make it your own.

Eliana **STARRED** (your picking some good names!!)
Hebrew - 'my God has answered me'; Greek - sun
Lilting, rhymthmic choice, more distinctive than Elena, heard in Israel, Italy, Spain and Portugal, but rarely used here. One celebrity who chose it is Christian Slater.

Saffi They don't have it but they do have Safiyya
Arabic 'confidante, best friend'
The fact that this is pronounced sah-FEE-yah would cause Western ears to hear it as Sophia.

Heehee this is fun! Chose my names so quickly I didn't get much use out of this book, but I love looking through it! xxx

Spain and Israel? that's amazing! :rofl:
i love these so much!
this is great :haha:
what about Rachel, Paige or Olivia? :-D
xxx

Rachel
Hebrew - 'ewe'
Delicacy, softness and Old Testament importance made Rachel a top biblical choice from the 1970s on, after being primarily a Jewish name for centuries.

Paige
Spelling variation of Page
(Page - Sleek and sophisticated single-syllable choice that's climbing the charts in the US.)
More of a name, and more popular - in recent years it's made it into the Top 50.

I knew a girl named Arpege, after the french perfume and always thought it was pretty :flower:

Olivia
Latin - 'olive tree'
This lovely Shakespearean name, with it's admirable balance of strength and femininity, is megapopular and hit the number one spot in 2006 - so don't say we didn't warn you.

xxx

Noelle
French - 'Christmas'
Feminissima, with a French gloss.

I like it :) I think my fave of all of them so far is Elyse x

i do really like Elyse and Elisabeth atm!!
thankyoou ever so much hon :hugs:
xxx

And Layle, Eden and Eliana. Your welcome it's fun! I want another baby girl so I can think of names all over again haha x

i'm sure it will suit her too :)
i just want to find the perfect name, if there is such a thing
poor babe will be saddled with it the rest of her life!
xx

Maybe get a list of say.. your top 3 names and then just have them ready and decide when she's born and you see her. A lot of people don't have a name until they see their bubs/or change their mind.

I must admit though, I like having a name picked out already because it's sticking to her now and she feels like more of a person. Like people don't go 'hows the baby' they say like 'hows Evie?' 'not long til Evie will be here' or my personal favourite 'I've just bought the cutest thing for Evie!!' :haha: xxx

I love the name Eliana, we were originally going to call Arianna that, but then I remembered my aunt and uncle had picked out Ellie for a girl name when they have one, and theyve been trying for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->