**October Babies**

Nothing cos I didn't want an amnio so they've just put on my notes for the midwife to check for down's when she is born. Didn't even offer me another scan to check or anything. GRRR.

But my private scan man is lovely and is giving me a full medical scan with special emphasis on down's markers as he obviously saw her the day before in 2D and in 3D and he said he is not convinced they have given me accurate results. And he's gonna do it for free :flower: God I love that man!! xxx

Aww thats really good of him, when is he doing that for you. Its good that he is looking after you even if the people who are meant to are not

Dunno yet Mum spoke to him yesterday cos I was in a state, got to ring him back today to book an appointment. I know it's so lovely, he saw how upset I was when I went in and so he asked me to ring him personally and let him know how my hospital scan went which is so unessecary really as he has no obligation to do so. Renews my faith in human beings :flower:

Yes exactly and at least you will know where you stand once he has done a scan

Your private sonogrpaher sound like such a sweetheart, it is lovely to know there are still some genuinly nice people out there :flower:

Hopefully you'll be able to sort an appointment out soon, just to put your mind at ease, although as I think others said, he must've been so sure there wasn't a problem, or he'd just be making himself look like an idiot by proving himself wrong :dohh:

I'm seriously considering getting some more scans done privately, it's not even been two weeks since my last scan and I want to see her again, if you don't mind me asking how much do they usually cost you?

My gender scan which was just a normal 2D one was £50 and the 4D one was £115 for the full package, the one I'm having at 30 weeks is the lowest package and is £80. It is so worth every penny though, I love looking at all my pics like a little timeline of her life so far :haha: x

That's cheaper than I was expecting if I'm honest, I'll definitly look into it :thumbup:

I really want to see her again! It's so annoying knowing she's in there cooking away and I can't see her...she's in my body yet I still don't feel close enough! :haha:

I know what you mean, sometimes I just feel like I miss her! But now I can stick on the DVD and see her wriggling around :D x

I know what you mean, sometimes I just feel like I miss her! But now I can stick on the DVD and see her wriggling around :D x

I feel the same way! Even though she is inside moving around and kicking, I miss her, lol.

Good thankyou, how're yooou?

I'm feeling loooads better about this whole Down's Syndrome thing now. Got a bit of perspective on it and feeling positive either way although I do believe she hasn't got it. Spoke to the private scan man (I really should find out his name :haha:) and he said no way he and the other sonographer DEFINATELY saw the nasal bone and as for the thick nuchal fold, as I'm so far gone that result on it's own without any other DS markers means hardly anything and that she could've been lying a certain way or even just chubby! He did offer me the scan but as I have another 4D one booked at 30 weeks I'm just gonna leave it til then. In my mind I'm aware of the risk but I just don't think she has it and so I'm going with that train of thought for now, then I have the 4D at 30 weeks and a hospital scan at 32 weeks and if there are still not-so-good signs by then then I still have a good 8 weeks to prepare myself that she might very well come out with DS. Either way I still love her :cloud9: xxxxxx

i'm good :hugs:
how's Evie today?
yeah, i see what you mean
it's better to just rest it aside so as to not worry yourself
i know everyone says you should be prepared and want to know, but i'm sure if the worst case scenario happens, you'll still love her the same.
xxx

Evie is good today thankyou, had a few rolls this morning but she doesn't usually start going for it until evening time when I'm watching tv :haha: Was cool yesterday, her kicks have gotten much higher up so she's obviously growing!

What you up to? xxx

can you feel her higher up than your belly button? just wondering :haha:
just wondering what to have for tea is all
xxxx

Just dropping in to see how everyone is doing :). How are the babies?

hey all :D

i'm good and i think frank is good also :D
i never feel him kick higher than my bellybutton yet, cant wait for strong kicks :D

i'm viewing a house tomorro...so excited, it's highly likely i will be taking it, so it will be mine and franks new home :D

xx

Arianna likes to stay down low, she's been rolling around all day, lol. Right now I wouldn't mind a baby in my ribs, my bladder needs a break, lol.

YESS!!! It was yesterday evening it was about 2 inches higher than my bellybutton and to the right and she was kicking WELL hard for ages, long enough for my Mum to clearly feel it. I was amazed cos usually she is around belly button height or lower and they're generally soft but with the odd hard one so no one else gets chance to feel it, so it was a new experience :cloud9:

My boyfriend is the only one who has felt her move and only once! She stops moving when other people start trying to feel her, lol, shy girl :cloud9:

The only one who has felt her move besides me I should say. She will roll around and kick for ages when I have my hand on my tummy, I see a future momma's girl, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->