**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

We have a pram :yipee: im so excited now, also a top and tail box and a few other bits. My dad and stepmum brought them all when they were trying for a baby, and then found out that between them they couldnt conviece so they have given it all to us.
I am really grateful as well, however i do also find it hard to talk about with them not being able to have kids how should i approch this any ideas?

pics, i know it looks quite old fashioned but i love things like this i think babys look so cute in them, and its orignal as not many people will have this nowadays
https://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae27/Mummy-2-be-2010/Clothes/CIMG2788.jpg

https://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae27/Mummy-2-be-2010/Clothes/CIMG2786.jpg

congrats laura on blue bump and due 1 2010 on ur pink bump!!
I had my 20 wk scan yest and they confirmed it is
:blue: :happydance: so glad cos ive got alot of boy stuff now!! xx

Sorry ladies, I'm in need of a rant, but I've put it in a spoiler so you don't have to read - just need to get it down!!!

Ok, so I had my GTT on Monday and got a call from the diabetic midwife on Thursday telling me my levels were high and I needed to see her. I had an appointment with her yesterday and I have to say I'm not very happy....... :growlmad:
My level before the test was 5.4 which is on the top end of the 'normal' range and my level after the test was 8.3 - the cut off of the 'normal' range is 7.8.
The day and night before the GTT I was at a birthday bash and my diet that day was pretty poor :blush: PLUS I was eating celebrations at 11:30pm :shy: I explained this to her and her words were "It doesn't matter now anyway" She went through everything, giving me a machine to test my levels etc and told me I had to change my diet, that I wouldn't be allowed to go full term etc. I was sitting there in shock :shock:...... I've had 3 children already and not had any trouble previously!
Anyway, I get home and have a good look through the internet, only to find that I was supposed to have fasted for 10-14 hours previously (and I only fasted for 8) and my level of 8.3 isn't horrific and I should be offered another GTT. I then look at my notes only to find that she had written down that my levels were 8.9 :saywhat: !! That's a huge jump from 8.3!
So, this morning, I've decided to do my own GTT :dohh: I've fasted for the recommended 12 hours and tested my levels before (5.3) I've had 380ml Lucozade Original (used in the hospital) and now I'm sitting here for the next 2 hours before I test my levels again!
I'm quite happy to admit that I am in the wrong, but I feel that I should've been offered another test before I was given all the bad information!
We'll see in 2 hours time - I'm hoping that my level will be below 7.8 :wacko:
Rant Over!!!! xxxxx

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys their weekend....... Laura did you get any scan pics?????!!!! xxxxxxx

Update on the above:
I've completed my 2 hour "at home" glucose tolerance test - exactly the same as the one carried out by the hospital and I'm so happy :yipee:.... My sugar levels after 2 hours were 6.9..... this is WELL below the upper limit of 7.8 :wohoo:!!!!
So, on tues, I'm going to phone the hospital and ask for a repeat Glucose Tolerance Test at the hospital and I hope these results will be repeated!! I'm almost 100% sure I do not have gestational diabetes, and I don't want to be under the care of the diabetic midwife!
So sorry for the rant AGAIN!! xxxxxx

morning girls just a qick ne from me again as im having a spring clean today.

hope everyone is well.

congrates due1 on your pink bump hunny.

hey jo :wave: yeah spent over 100 quid on all clothes for shae, got a gorgoeus pair on nike trainers to. i want him here now. :haha:

xxx

Congrats on your :blue: bump Laura :flower:

FierceAngel's little boy went to heaven yesterday :cry: there's a thread about it in the loss sections, just thought I'd let you know so you can update :flower:

going crazy that's sounds like one hell of an app! Good on u for doing the test again but how on earth did u fast for 12hrs? Will i have to at some point? Dreading it i can barely fast 2hrs!

afternoon girls as some of you may no i gave birth to our gorgeous son Charlie yesterday at 19.17 he weighed 15ozs and is perfet x

thank you to all those who have offered support through this difficult time i wish you all a happy and healthy 4/5 months xxx

going crazy that's sounds like one hell of an app! Good on u for doing the test again but how on earth did u fast for 12hrs? Will i have to at some point? Dreading it i can barely fast 2hrs!

Hi hun! I was offered the GTT because my BMI is 35 :blush: and there is a history of diabetes..... otherwise I wouldn't have been offered it, so it neither of these apply to you, you won't need to have it! (in America it's standard though)

I did the fast overnight..... much easier - just made sure I had an 'early' night and a bit of a lay in this morning!! :haha: 12 hours isn't so bad when you're sleeping!! I've been testing my levels all day today and they haven't gone over 7.1 (limit of 7.8) in fact, they are averaging 6 and that's with me eating all my usual stuff - white bread, childrens breakfast cereal :)blush:), a slice of cake, liver pate etc - all of which I was told would send my sugar levels through the roof!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

afternoon girls as some of you may no i gave birth to our gorgeous son Charlie yesterday at 19.17 he weighed 15ozs and is perfet x

thank you to all those who have offered support through this difficult time i wish you all a happy and healthy 4/5 months xxx

I hope you don't mind but I had a peek at your pics in the other thread and commented over there. Charlie looks perfect hun, hugs and kisses to all the family :hugs: xxxx

So sorry for your loss thinking of you at this difficult time :hugs:.

Hi there
I've had my 20 week scan, so pleased everythings fine and dandy but we didn't find out the gender, so you can change me to a yellow stork!
Many thanks
KTP

I'm so sorry Hun :hugs: sleep tight Charlie

FierceAngel so sorry to hear of your loss. Can't imagine how you're feeling right now - take care of yourself and accept any offers of help. Xx

Could I be added to the thread? Our bubs is due 19 th October and we're on team yellow. Had scan on Thursday but didn't want to know sex.

Hi there!
I am due 4 October (I am already in your list) and we are having a boy. Please add a stork to my name....Thank you!!!!!

really really sorry for ur loss, my heart goes out to u and ur family and may he be at peace now in heaven lots of hugs nd kisses xxx:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->