Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

Ava is so bad lately.. I think she hates me from taking her to the drs so much .. she hates it there omg.

Tonight she bit my leg, and for the first time ever DREW blood.. i was fucking shocked/ and mad. So I put her in her cage (pack and play) and she screamed she hates it in there... :haha: I left her there for like 5 mins... this is not the first time she has bit either.. just this time she drew blood with her new chompers!!!!

Did I go over the line? like.. what else do I do , she laughs if I get mad.. everything is funny to her...

Also PINCHING.. omg .. she is pinching everyone even Mason.. shes such a brat..

what do i do about it.. mason actually listened to 'no' as a baby and took me seriously if i say NO ava.. or NOT NICE she goes to try to do the behavior again as well as try to bite my hand im pointing at her!... and bleeeeh..

Brat... I need a drink :dohh:

No, I don't think you're over the line. What else CAN you do????

Corrine was pinching the shit out of her elderly Aunt today. I think she was playing.. but I mean, what do I do about a 7 month old baby pinching someones face? She was pinching and pulling at her face and nose.

Ok phew..

I felt bad.. and my husband tripped out.. but .. dude.. she is not so much a 'baby' if she is deliberately trying to do BAD behavior.... bleeeh..

I thought girls, would be girly girl... ...

guess not. :dohh:

I think putting Ava in her crib was a NICE thing to do! Better than biting her back and drawing blood! I think at her age she has an idea of what she's doing and a 5 minute time out is so much better than returning her action in kind! I would have been surprised if she had drawn blood too!

I want another boy and then a girl. I know I can only handle 1 girl and I'd like to have a brother for James so they can play together when the little girl is being a handful

^^^ good idea spunky!!1

I didn't place her in her crib, I put her in her "cage" (playpen/pack & Play) and she HATES it in there... didn't want to use her crib as a time out as I don't want her to think crib-is associated with time outs...

All hell would break loose then. :rofl:

Completely understand. That's a good idea! I may break out the pack n play for that purpose once he's a little older! A SAFE place for a time-out but not associated with his/her bed where they should feel happy.

I did it with Mason too.. just sucks when u want to go somewhere, and you expect them to sleep in it HAHAH!!!

catlover, after that length of time, I would ask about still having a stitch down there. It's not normal. I had god knows how many with my son (vacuum extraction) and they were definitely gone by my six week checkup.

Ciana, I don't think you're wrong. If she's biting hard enough to draw blood you need to do something. While I'm not a big fan of time outs for under 2's, if you're getting frustrated with her a few minute break is the best thing. A few minutes in the p&p isn't going to traumatize her.

We wound up at the pediatrician. Avery puked and it was brownish, I freaked and brought her in. Her one ear is slightly infected so we got antibiotics. She's sick enough that can't hurt.

Neko- Glad she is okay...and you found out what was making her so sick.. they always shove the 'its a virus' in our faces where I live, rather than figuring out the problem ahead of time...

I would of freaked at brown puke too...

did you sit there and list off everything she ate? haha I do that will all the puke.. wonder wtf it is... to make sure its normal. :haha:

It dawned on me when she got home that she "found" an M&M on the floor. Voila brown puke. Hopefully... Either that or all the puking broke a blood vessel somewhere.

eh... Not so sure about the ear infection. Every time I bring a sick kid in they have an ear infection despite not having any symptoms. But she's miserable, Amoxcillin won't hurt.

I hope the antibiotics help Avery feel better. I freaked when James spit up brown (but it was my blood from breastfeeding). Not looking forward to playing the what did they eat game...

Is it bad I brought my shirt that she puked on with me to the pediatricians? I was trying to show them what I meant.

Not bad at all, a visual is so much better than a description, cant be too careful with our LOs

I hope Avery feels better. I would freak out too if I saw brown puke.

I'm here. Still paranoid I hurt Sophia. :nope:

Just feel guilty that I could have hurt her, if you know what I mean.
Not that I meant to or anything like that, just that it could have unintentionally hurt her. :nope:

dOOd... you DID NOT hurt Sophia.

Common Symptoms of Shaken Baby Syndrome:

* Lethargy / decreased muscle tone
* Extreme irritability
* Decreased appetite, poor feeding or vomiting for no apparent reason
* Grab-type bruises on arms or chest are rare
* No smiling or vocalization
* Poor sucking or swallowing
* Rigidity or posturing
* Difficulty breathing
* Seizures
* Head or forehead appears larger than usual or soft-spot on head appears to be bulging
* Inability to lift head
* Inability of eyes to focus or track movement or unequal size of pupils

^^^^ If she doesn't have this she is FINE.

Just feel guilty that I could have hurt her, if you know what I mean.
Not that I meant to or anything like that, just that it could have unintentionally hurt her. :nope:

Well, any of us could do that. You need to cut yourself some slack hoss.

I know, I know.

I'm just down about it. I can't imagine hurting her and to think I could have accidentally done it. :nope:

Down in the dumps. I'll get over it in a few days, I think.

Thanks for trying to help though. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->