%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

Hi all- just wanted to check in and say I'm reading things (quickly) rather than just lurking away!

I'm grading so many end-of-year assignments and exams right now, I can just take quick breaks here and there online, so just popping in.

Nothing exciting in my cycle so far (CD6), other than AF has left, and I'm back to vaginally temping, so I'll have more to stalk soon!

Have you seen this? Interesting. Except, "aging" women??

https://www.asrm.org/Aging_Women_Should_Move_More_Quickley_to_IVF/

Well I had to take LB to the vet this Am since she got sick last night and also needs her 1st round of shots so $120 later we r home Now!!!
Ds2 stayed home also since his cough is worse I think he's just sick of school not really sick!! :haha:

Yea Lupron they usually give u to suppress everything usually for ovarian drilling and Endo but they do give it b4 IVF every Dr is different !!!

Hi Fezzle! Hopefully you'll be done grading papers soon and can relax all summer! How fun...power through!

I heard from the doctor and he said I can start taking BCPs at the end of this cycle if not successful, but to call and make an appointment. I'll wait until I get the results from this cycle and then figure it out. If we have to do another IUI it's not really a big deal to me, and I have my trip in early July and another in late July, so maybe I should hold off for a few more cycles, when I can be here for all the special days I need to be here, and take off for all the days I have to take off.

Driving-Eh...Yes, I'm aging and I'm moving that way anyway, so it's not really news to me. I'll definitely report whether I get pregnant too. HA!!HA!!

Gotta run!

Hello Ladies!

Terri - Yes with all those trips it might be best just to wait...but I am terrible at waiting... I know you will make the right decision for you! I think the research is very clear that alcohol messes with the spermies... that is the first thing the urologist asked my DH when his count tanked... I don't think it is too much to ask that while you are TTC - he cuts back... and of course around your family - no stupid drunkeness... a couple drinks is cool - especially if you are a fun drinker!!! :haha:
as always you are cool as a cucumber and handling it all!!!:hugs:

:howdy: to all you other lovelies - I am posting quick so I can leave this office - its already almost 6pm!!!

what a day - in case any of you are wondering... if you decide to tell your SO that you are deploying on a "top secret mission" with the special operations folks - then 3 weeks later have someone call and tell your SO that you are dead... if you really aren't DEAD - it could back fire...just saying...yes this very scenario happened today... I had a very distraught girlfriend call and say that she was notified that her Soldier boyfriend was killed in action... yeah... he wasn't killed - wasn't even on a "mission".... and had someone pretend to be his supervisor and call her... unbelievable how horrible some people are... if I was a drinker = I WOULD DRINK TONIGHT!!!
hope you all have a great weekend
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hehe, Terri, I was just messing with you about the stalking. I love that you do that. It means that you care. :) I do the same exact thing when I haven't seen someone post in a while. That's exciting news that your RE is ready to get started whenever you are! I totally hear ya on the timing thing with trips and stuff. My end-of-quarter month is coming up yet again in June, and my family is coming for two weeks in July.

But I'm bailing on EOQ for the first time in 14 years with this company. When it's EOQ, I'm not supposed to take time off... no doc appts (unless emergency), no vacation, etc. I'm negotiating contracts a hundred miles a minute, and barely have time to breathe. It's brutal and very stressful because it's all Revenue related and Wall Street has their eyes on us. I decided I'm not letting EOQ affect something this important. I'm telling my mgr that if she can't accommodate my appts, then I'm taking 2 weeks off. She and I are close, so I can talk to her about anything, and she's understanding. But I still called HR first to make sure that IVF would be considered an exception to the EOQ rule, and they said it is. And since there is a procedure involved (however minor), it could also be covered under FMLA. I won't go that far, because I don't feel I need that. But I just needed some peace of mind that I don't have to put off a life-changing decision because of EOQ! That was a huge dilemma for me on whether or not I should even start IVF in June. Now I can breathe about it. It doesn't sound like your job has those types of demands, so you'll be good to go, and just plan around your trips.

Wish, thats a crazy story, omg!! I can't even begin to imagine getting a phone call like that at all... and then to find out it was a joke. I would've had a heart attack before I even found out it was a joke! Btw, I agree with Sis that having my own bed in a hotel sounds kinda nice, lol! I love DH so much, but sometimes its nice to have that bed all to myself, hehe.

Driving, interesting article. I think I have read that somewhere. Kinda makes me wish I'd done IVF months ago, lol!

Fezzle, looking forward to stalking your vag temp chart! Hehe!

Sis, sorry about your sick pup. :( Makes me so sad when my furry baby is sick. So how are they getting along today? I bet they'll warm up to each other quickly.

kfs, sorry to break it to ya', but i'm still holding out hope for you this cycle! Hehee! I'll be stalking your chart as well. I hope the witch stays away. Don't worry about the cramping just yet... tons of women can have that!

Moni, so sorry to hear about your coworker. She's in a really tough spot. Poor thing. That's a lot to struggle with all at once. As if TTC isn't stressful enough as it is... add the cancer and the MIL issues.

Katie, sorry for the nausea. I'm glad everything else is going well though!

Hi Radkat and everyone else!!

Wish I know that ALL to well was w DH for awhile when he was still Army He would have privates drunk and streaking to go get in the middle of the nite !!! :nope:
But to tell so done your Dead cuz u don't want to Man up is Horrible!!

LB(Luna) and Pibble(Zada) actually played together and the BIg even laid on the couch w her I'll try to post a pic it was so cute!! They will be BFFs soon!! :)

I would so LOVE a king bed w NO Pups or Kids!!! :happydance:

Hi ladies! I am back from my trip home and the baby was not born!!! I didn't even get to meet my new niece. My poor sister is now a week overdue. Trying to keep track of my temps while being jetlagged is just awful!

I just caught up on the thread. I've got my fingers crossed for the IUI cycles this month! (Reading about what you all insurance companies cover makes me realize I need to call my insurance company to see if they cover IVF.)

Kayotic, Driving, Katie, Vjean-So happy your pregnancies are going well. Makes me hopeful!

Erose - wow. I'm impressed. You're so on the ball this month. You must be so relieved to know that work will not be an issue. I've been very hushed about my situation at work but I imagine that might have to change if I go the IVF route.

Wish - I would KILL if someone did that to me. Your poor friend - she must be furious.

Sis - Awww. Glad the pups are getting along.

Blues - glad you had a nice trip but boooo for no baby. :)

Fezzle - good luck with your grading. Hope you're able to relax this summer.

Terri - Loving your temps!!!

AFM: temp drop as predicted and a negative test. Still no AF though. I'm going camping this weekend so getting my AF in the middle of it should be fun. This month was super-evil. I was really loving my temps this month... Oh well - on to my month break and procedures :(

kfs1-:hugs: I was loving your temps this month too. Well, if the witch shows up, I hope it's before you leave for your camping trip. I would hate a surprise out in the woods. Yes, time to look forward and a visit from mom. That should be really nice.

Wish-I can't even believe that story. Will the soldier get in trouble? What a jerk?! I hope the girlfriend has enough sense to leave that loser.

Sis-Glad things are going well with the dogs..sooner or later they'll figure out that they're stuck with each other.

Blues-No baby?! You should have come out for crabs. hee hee. Sorry that your sister is still playing the waiting game. The good news is that you won't have to share your birthday with another person in your family. Hopefully today is the big day. Looks like you're about to O, so get busy, chica.

ERose-I haven't said anything to my work either, but I can take sick days or comp days if I need them. I do have a couple comp days saved up, and I'm never sick, so I'm owed a few days, I'm sure. Plus, I'm not that important at work. I pretty much make my own schedule. My other best friend told me that she took off two days after her ER, so I think two days will be fine with me. And..if they do it on a weekend or Friday, even better. I'm going to stick with another IUI for next time though.

AFM-I'm about to go on my motorcycle trip in an hour or so. I took a test just because. HA!!HA!! It was negative, but it's only 9DPO, so I figured it would be. With that crazy jump this morning, I got excited. I'm on a thermometer hiatus for the next couple days though, so anything could happen....to be continued....See you girls on Sunday night!

Have Fun Terri!!! :)

TGIF Ladies!!

I'm sure I will have a house full this weekend w the pool in the yard but it keeps me busy!! ;)

Okay, I'm sorry I haven't even read through everybody's posts yet, I just noticed Terri's chart and that temp is climbing. Danggggg!!!

Hi all. Finished for half term here. So relieved even tho will be spending it writing reports. Today should have been the day I went on maternity leave but trying to ignore it! Started the old fertility monitor and hoping ov happens in the hol week so can get plenty of bding in. Good luck with all the iuis folks. X

Terri, you ride a motorcycle... so cool!

Erose, focus on your IVF! Totally the right decision...

Oooo Terri, I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to see your :bfp: in a few days!!! And it's super cool that you're a biker chick. :haha:

Sis - I'm jealous that you have a pool. Waaaay too cold here for that so far - hasn't been above 60 fahrenheit here yet. How hot is it there?

Nessaw - are you a teacher? I teach secondary school. Only 3 more weeks of classes before final exams, and then...2 months off!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

:hugs: for everyone else - hope you're all doing well. I'm okay - found out today that my blood level finally dropped so my body FINALLY realizes I'm not preggers anymore. So I'm waiting for :witch: - so weird to be actually hoping the witch comes so that we can start trying again. OH is away this weekend on a biking trip (bicycle, not motorcycle!), so I'm heading to my mom's tomorrow for a belated mother's day date. Trying to decide what movie to watch tonight...and which wine...:wine: Have a great weekend, everyone!

Future yup I teach primary-year 2. Just finishing sats. Next half term is 7 weeks then 6 weeks off. Can't wait! What subject do you teach?

Kfs, I was loving your chart too, I'm so sorry for the drop. Do you feel like AF is coming?? Well, have fun on your camping trip either way. :hugs:

Sis, so glad you furry babes were playing together! Starting to love each other already! Such a cute story.

Future, I'm so happy your levels are down and you'll be able to get started again! Come on AF! Feels weird to be rooting for it, but in this case, I know you're ready!

Nessaw, GL with the monitor. Looking forward to hearing when your Peak days arrive. :)

Terri, FYI your chart is stellar!!!!! Loving it! As far as work, it's not so much the ER I'm concerned with, but more the every-other-day Dr appointments during the 2 wks of stim meds. That may end up falling right at that EOQ time period I'm talking about when it's too hard for me to be away from work that frequently. An u/s every other day is a lot! At any other time of the qtr, Im on my own schedule so it would be fine, but the last couple weeks of June they practically own me, lol. My mgr is very understanding and supports me fully. But she assumed I'd skip June. But I'm not willing to anymore, and this is the news I'm breaking to her next week. I'll give her a choice... She can either accommodate the appts every other day, or if she feels she needs someone there every second, she can assign my contracts to another negotiator and I'll take time off. I have 6 wks of vacation accrued, and that's where we max out, so I'm not even accruing it if I don't use it. But we'll see how it ends up.

Hi to everyone else!! I'm out of town until Mon night, so this will probably be the last time I'm able to check in until I return. Busy, busy wedding weekend in Auburn, and all the pre-wedding party stuff began last night, then long drive on Mon. Chat when I return!

Future Mom so glad UR numbers finally dropped hope the witch is on time!!
It's been 86-90 here I think the high was 86 today but we had some close to 90 last week and w the humidity it feels like more !!! I know we willbe wish for 60 when it hits 110!! :haha:

Terri have a safe trip!!

Erose u too have a safe trip!!

Kfs1 enjoy your camping Vaca!!

Pup pics as promised

https://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/phoenixx76/2b43c0b842a2565218fc8e0d170407df_zps81bc04cb.jpg

https://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/phoenixx76/a921be30b5c24d11c248c202bb001223_zps45bcc207.jpg

Nanny Dog

https://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/phoenixx76/1010da4a7448f66db54afb1f13e0d196_zps48d8b075.jpg

https://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/phoenixx76/28279d960c683a94e535266d2516be06_zpsb6fe8bca.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->