PAL, due in 6/2012

Wow, so great that you're progressing nicely! I hope your body keeps preparing and the delivery is as easy as possible for you!

I went to the doctor yesterday and he checked my cervix and said it's still hard and closed, so apparently all these contractions I've been having have just been for the fun of it! :) Which means, the 11th (scheduled c-section date) is still a possibility. I was hoping for a little earlier, but will let these monkeys cook as long as they can. But I'm starting to feel like they're enjoying the situation more than I am!

glad your scan went well TTC eek not long till your little bubba will be here :happydance:

I had the mw this morning and baby is only at the brim of my pelvis at 38+1 so she thinks im going to go over due :(

Ttc-great news hun, cant believe your son will be here in two weeks! Cook on!!

Liitlebird & kaboom wow you too are also so close! Any bets on who ll be bext??hihihi just joking, keep baking ladies, the bigger the better, nat nurses aaaalllll night long and i cant really say anything to a 2100g baby!!!

Wow, so great that you're progressing nicely! I hope your body keeps preparing and the delivery is as easy as possible for you!

I went to the doctor yesterday and he checked my cervix and said it's still hard and closed, so apparently all these contractions I've been having have just been for the fun of it! :) Which means, the 11th (scheduled c-section date) is still a possibility. I was hoping for a little earlier, but will let these monkeys cook as long as they can. But I'm starting to feel like they're enjoying the situation more than I am!

Sorry your cervix is still closed. Where you try for a vaginal delivery or do you normally have c-sections?

glad your scan went well TTC eek not long till your little bubba will be here :happydance:

I had the mw this morning and baby is only at the brim of my pelvis at 38+1 so she thinks im going to go over due :(

Sorry your doctor thinks your going to be over due.

Ttc-great news hun, cant believe your son will be here in two weeks! Cook on!!

Liitlebird & kaboom wow you too are also so close! Any bets on who ll be bext??hihihi just joking, keep baking ladies, the bigger the better, nat nurses aaaalllll night long and i cant really say anything to a 2100g baby!!!

Hows your little one doing Chistiana?

TTC, so awesome that you're progressing! 2 weeks is really not that long of a time :happydance:

LittleBird, I'm feeling that way about my LO too, Baby is really enjoying hanging out in there, is in NO hurry to come out lol. Did you get your hospital bag packed? Mine is mostly done (finally :haha:). How's your energy level doing?

Kaboom, it looks like I'll be going overdue too. My cervix is "thin and soft", still 80% effaced, but I'm only dialated a "fingertip", and when my midwife tried to do a sweep at my last apt, she wasn't able to. So yeah, at least we're in good company, right? :winkwink:

Chistiana, how are you doing?

hey ladies!we re doing ok, nat is getting stronger by the day and today i took nic n nat to the playground as the whether was beautiful!i cant say we re sleeping a lot but we were expecting that anyway!lurking around for more baby announcements

Sorry your cervix is still closed. Where you try for a vaginal delivery or do you normally have c-sections?

No, I have had two c-sections already so I'm scheduled for the c-section on the 11th (38.5 weeks). But that is kinda late for twins, so I'm a tiny bit nervous about it. I want them to arrive safely and it's hard to know how they're doing when I go home and I'm not being monitored. Yesterday at the hospital, they said that the placentas are definitely maturing, but the babies seem to be doing well still. They won't move up the c-section unless something is wrong with me or the babies, or if I go into labor on my own.

LittleBird, I'm feeling that way about my LO too, Baby is really enjoying hanging out in there, is in NO hurry to come out lol. Did you get your hospital bag packed? Mine is mostly done (finally :haha:). How's your energy level doing?

Yes, I think they do like it in there. Being born can be a shocking experience. :)

I am mostly packed, too. I have some things to finish, but then again there are some things that I will pack at the last minute (like my pillow and toothbrush). I am completely worn out all the time. Taking more naps and it is hard to do things. Especially with these contractions. It's exhausting!

hey ladies!we re doing ok, nat is getting stronger by the day and today i took nic n nat to the playground as the whether was beautiful!i cant say we re sleeping a lot but we were expecting that anyway!lurking around for more baby announcements

Yay for playground time! I am a big believer in getting outside with the babies as much as possible. First of all, if you're breastfeeding, they'll need the Vitamin D from the sun. Plus, I think going for walks and enjoying the outdoors does wonders for the baby blues. Good job, mom!

Thanks littlebird... Yes these baby blues are definitely here and unless i do something my my los i know i ll just go crazy!!

Thanks littlebird... Yes these baby blues are definitely here and unless i do something my my los i know i ll just go crazy!!

Aw, good luck. I have a tendency to hole up in the house when my babies are young, but I know it always made me feel better if I forced myself to get outside, even for a short walk in the neighborhood. Remind me of this in a couple of weeks when I'm home from the hospital and wondering why I can't shake the blues! I'm sure it will be good for you and the kids, if you can keep it up. I started feeling like DS1 was suffering because I didn't want to leave the house with DS2, so I would keep that in mind and try to make sure he was having fun times and not just sitting around being bored. It's easier to get motivated when you think about the older child and their experience of it. This time around, I want the older two to enjoy summer break and I want to be able to have fun with them since I have been pretty useless the past couple of months. I can't wait until I'm healed up enough to hold them down and tickle them! :haha:

TTC, so awesome that you're progressing! 2 weeks is really not that long of a time :happydance:

Kaboom, it looks like I'll be going overdue too. My cervix is "thin and soft", still 80% effaced, but I'm only dialated a "fingertip", and when my midwife tried to do a sweep at my last apt, she wasn't able to. So yeah, at least we're in good company, right? :winkwink:

Chistiana, how are you doing?

PitaKat: Sorry that you are not progressing! I heard some doctors do a membrane sweep to get things going(I have never personally had one). Maybe if you ask your midwife she can do one for you maybe that will get things going.
And maybe your doctor Kaboom can do the same for you!!

LittleBird, I'm taking naps more often too. It's a little weird, I've never been able to sleep during the day, and now all of a sudden it's a common occurrence! Getting anything accomplished is such a hassle now, I figure I'm doing good if I make dinner, do the dishes, and get outside and do some gardening. Today my list consists of doing the grocery shopping and getting a couple loads of laundry done. Hopefully it'll get done :haha:

TTC, I've been having painless contractions and some back pressure today, but I think it was brought on by DTD with hubby this morning. However, I did just have that "bloody show" I've heard so much about, so who knows? :winkwink:

Chistiana, so awesome to hear that you're gettin' out and enjoying the weather! I can't wait to be doing that with my LO!

Littlebird it was those 5 months of not being able to do anything with ds that kicked it for me. I thought "hey i havent been to the playground with him for so long... I have to do it now"...and seeing him enjoy it so much was so worth it!

pitakat - sorry you've gone overdue hope baby comes soon

TTC - my mw says she'll do a sweep if im still going at 41 weeks :(

Im not sure if something's happening painted my bedroom this afternoon and been getting regular pains since but their not very strong :shrug:

LittleBird, I'm taking naps more often too. It's a little weird, I've never been able to sleep during the day, and now all of a sudden it's a common occurrence! Getting anything accomplished is such a hassle now, I figure I'm doing good if I make dinner, do the dishes, and get outside and do some gardening. Today my list consists of doing the grocery shopping and getting a couple loads of laundry done. Hopefully it'll get done :haha:

TTC, I've been having painless contractions and some back pressure today, but I think it was brought on by DTD with hubby this morning. However, I did just have that "bloody show" I've heard so much about, so who knows? :winkwink:

Chistiana, so awesome to hear that you're gettin' out and enjoying the weather! I can't wait to be doing that with my LO!

It sounds like labor could be on it way Pitakat with the contractions, back pressure, and blood show. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!!

pitakat - sorry you've gone overdue hope baby comes soon

TTC - my mw says she'll do a sweep if im still going at 41 weeks :(

Im not sure if something's happening painted my bedroom this afternoon and been getting regular pains since but their not very strong :shrug:

I'm sorry you have to wait all the way until 41 weeks kaboom. I hope that you start to progress soon and that labor kicks right in!!

Well after 15 hrs of contractions over saturday night into sunday morning they stopped and ive only been having the odd one here and there since. Think this baby's just playing games with me :dohh:

Well Ladies, Baby has been born! I'm infatuated :cloud9: It's a BOY, his name is Colin. He was born on June 4th, at 2:47 am, weighing 8 lbs 8 oz, and is 20.25 inches long. We just got home this afternoon. I'll try to post a birth story when I get the time/energy :haha:

https://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee338/angelkissed_Redhead/ColinsfirstPics6-4-12014.jpg

Oooowwww pitakat colin is gorgeous!!! Congratulations babe, well done!!! Enjoy your little man and take care of yourself!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->