PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

hi all well update on if they going to complete anomally scan , here goes my consultant is now off all week sick oh and so is his secutary, so i have to make 40 mile round trip tomorrow to see different consultant to tell me whether i can or can't have this 3rd scan to get measurements :( god i am so angry atm

Sorry you have to do this hon. I don't see how they can refuse. Kick up a storm if they do hon. Xxx

Well back out of seeing consultNt they refuse to do the scan made me wait till 1.30 2 hrs after appointment should of been to tell me no and that I can't go to local birth centre I have to go there for birth x I walked out in tears feel so crap got hest infection and have wasted most of day there for nothing :( x

Ahhhh rubbish Heva that just sucks. Can you put in a complaint to your normal consultant when he gets back? X

That is awful! What reason do they give for not being able to go to the birth centre! If it is because they have not had a good scan then they are bloody crap! I am so sorry:( can you afford a private one?

The reason is because I lost 3 pints of blood with last and was rushed into threatre if I go to local birth centre apparently I'm puttin my life at a risk I'm going to get money together for private scan but it's 160 for one neAr me x

Oh - but is there any evidence to say you are at risk of it happening again? If not then fight for it. Tell then you will stay at home instead.

You should not have to lose out if there is no evidence.

I have to give up my fight for a birth centre now because my baby isn't average and I have gd. But they are compromising with me and allowing me to birth in a birthing suit in the hospital, rather than the ward. The suits are much less clinical and have pools.

Ohhh look! Halfway!! Yay for me. Only 6 weeks until v day!

I've tried but because it's a 20 mile journey to nearest hospital and because it has happened once before the risk is higher just feelin a bit let down tbh with crap care that I have had this time considering they promised to look after me when I was expecting again x

Keep pushing Heva, get a second, third, fourth opinion, what ever it takes. Your birth, your choice. :thumbup:

Emma, yay for half way. :happydance: It is only 4 weeks til V day though chick. :thumbup:

I've tried but because it's a 20 mile journey to nearest hospital and because it has happened once before the risk is higher just feelin a bit let down tbh with crap care that I have had this time considering they promised to look after me when I was expecting again x

Awwww sorry hon :hugs: I can't do a birth centre either because of my weight and asthma but in the end I was glad as we needed to use a Kiwi and epi and we can't in the birth centre. My hospital has been done out nicely though so I didn't mind. What is yours like? x

Evening girls, still feeling sicky. Spent all day browsing and buying cloth nappies, I've got a few for Saraya to practice before Atticus arrives and I have to do newborn cloth.. gonna continue to lie down now
<3

Awwww sorry hon :hugs: I can't do a birth centre either because of my weight and asthma but in the end I was glad as we needed to use a Kiwi and epi and we can't in the birth centre. My hospital has been done out nicely though so I didn't mind. What is yours like? x

my last memory of it was having d & C when i lost twins before it was when i had 5yr old daughter the care in labour amazing but after care was awful so not looking forward to it x

Awww Heva things change in 5 years so the after care will probably be better now :hugs: not sure about your hospital but the D&C was in a different place so I feel quite detached from that thankfully. Sorry it's bringing back bad memories. x

Awww Heva things change in 5 years so the after care will probably be better now :hugs: not sure about your hospital but the D&C was in a different place so I feel quite detached from that thankfully. Sorry it's bringing back bad memories. x

This is really true hun. I left QC&CH with my youngest three years ago at 22ish weeks because the care I was receiving was rubbish, they said at 22 weeks we will see you at 38 weeks :wacko: Considering I had lost Honey seven months earlier I needed more care IMO, I asked the refused so moved to C&WH. This time I was under QC&CH for my recurrent miscarriages so decided to stay, this time my care has been amazing. Eight scans by them, being seen weekly (at least), being looked after by the recurrent miscarriage team, the obstetric medicine team, the prematurity team, the antenatal team, the one on one mw (eventually), having cervical scans. So I hope this helps you to see past experiences can be very different :hugs::hugs:

Evening girls, still feeling sicky. Spent all day browsing and buying cloth nappies, I've got a few for Saraya to practice before Atticus arrives and I have to do newborn cloth.. gonna continue to lie down now
<3

Sorry you are still sicky :hug: rest up hon. x

Thought this would make you all chuckle I've just realised she was flicking the V's at us in our gender scan. Attached the whole picture and a close up..... :haha:

Attachments

• flicking the V's2.jpg
    flicking the V's2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 2
  • flicking the V's.jpg
    flicking the V's.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 2
lmfao pip!!

I'm 17 weeks today :dance: my next scan is March 1st too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts