Pregnant by older guy, not sure what to do

CONGRATS!!! I hope you are both doing well. I look forward to hearing your birth story.

Congratulations heather! That's such a lovely name too. My friend gave birth on Friday and her daughter has to stay in hospital for a while as well. She didn't weigh much more than your daughter and she was only 3 weeks early.

Hope you're not too sore :hugs: try and rest as much as you can while they're still looking after her, huge hugs x

I have never been so pleased for a total stranger! I hope you keep us updated on your progress when your not super busy being a mummy. I and likely many others are so invested in your story it would be lovely to hear how you continue.

Oh wow, congratulations Heather! :happydance: That is a very good weight for her gestation too :)

I've been reading this thread for a while now, your posts amaze me! You are *such* a strong woman :hugs:

Huge congratulations! Gabriella sounds like an awesome little fighter and achiever already, breathing all on her own at only 33 weeks (if I m not mistaken??) take care of yourself now and I hope she gets to come home very soon!

Been reading your thread since the beginning. Congrats mommy! I'm so glad your princess is doing so well.xx

Congratulations! What a fab weight and length! Hope you are both well :flow:

Congratulations heather!! Hope you are both well and you've managed to get some sleep! x

I can't believe I'm saying this, but she's here! I'm officially a mommy now! I just feel dizzy I guess. I feel really weird not being pregnant anymore and having her actually here. She was born at 11:07 pm on Friday after less than 7 hours of labor. She's 4 lbs, 3 oz and 18 inches long. Luckily, the steroid shot they gave me helped with her lungs and she is able to breathe just fine on her own. She is jaundiced and having trouble regulating & maintaining a good body temperature, so they are going to keep her in the hospital a little longer. They think she might be able to come home at the end of the week.

We've named her Gabriella Everleigh (Everleigh is my last name, but we're using it as her middle name since she'll have fob's last name).

I was discharged earlier today, stayed at the hospital for several hours, and am going to spend the night at home. Even after giving birth, I couldn't fall asleep at the hospital. My fear of medical facilities is almost a phobia, so I couldn't relax enough to sleep for more than a half hour here or there. I will most the full story of everything when I have a chance to get back on.

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congratulations, heatherr! I'm so glad she's strong, and breathing well on her own! Very impressive for a preemie! Wow! And what a fast labor/delivery you had...whoa!

I am also excited to hear about our birth story, if you're willing to share. I hope you got some good sleep last night, and are ready for some mega cuddling with Gabriella (lovely name, by the way!).

Praying she gets to come home by the end of the week...they like 4 lbers to be AT LEAST 5 lbs before sending them home in most American hospitals...so I'm sure they're trying to get her to feed well, and pack on a few ounces. :)

Again, congrats! Let us know if you need ANYTHING, and please, continue to stay in touch on here (or in a parenting journal, if you're compelled)! :)

OMG Heatherr!! Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl, mommy!!! amazing news and amazing that she can breathe on her own, what a little miracle she is already!

i hope you get to take her home asap, and to get some rest at home too, after the birth and the hospital stress and all <3

your labor sounds super quick, only 7 h for a ftm is amazing! i so so look forward to reading your birth story!

and beautiful beautiful name, and a lovely middle name/surname play! what does the fob say??

massive hugs from me!

Huge congrats!!! I love the name, and also can't wait to hear more about your birth story if you're willing to share! :)

Congratulations on your baby girl's safe arrival. I've been following your thread for a while - you are such a brave young woman!

I hope you get some good sleep at home & your little girl puts weight on well & can leave hospital soon :flower:

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl! :cloud9:

OMG :happydance: Congrats!!!

That's a good weight for her! Such a pretty name too. I am totally waiting here for a full birth story!!

I hope you and FOB are doing well, and you are enjoying being a mama :) I hate hospitals too so I totally get going home to get some rest. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->