QOTD: When will you stop working?

angiepie

Reaction score
If you work, at what point in pregnancy (or before?) will you/did you stop working?

Will you go on maternity leave or be a SAHM?

For me, I have recently found out I'm losing one of my jobs at the end of the year, so I'm going into TTC working part time. I think I won't bother to find another job as I'll have to quit after about 3 months anyway. I'll just be part time while TTC and pregnant, til I'm ready to quit. I'm lucky to be able to quit whenever I want (provided we can afford it) and I'm going to leave as early as possible! Hopefully 4-5 months in.

I'm going to be a SAHM.

How bout you?

With my daughter I used two weeks holiday from 31 weeks and started maternity at 33. I was supposed to start my holidays at 33 weeks but I have a physically demanding job and was struggling, she came at 35 weeks.

Next time I plan on starting my maternity leave at 34 weeks and then using up any holidays I have left before then.

When I was preg with my son I was due to stop work at 37 weeks, but he came early so I had no time to prepare myself for his arrival. I then took 10months off on leave. This time I'm planning on stopping much earlier, around 34weeks maybe, and I'll probably take the same time off afterwards. If work don't like it they can find someone else to do my job.

I like the idea of being a SAHM but I do enjoy working. I just hate pretending to my boss and colleagues that work is really important to me, when in reality my priorities changes so much the minute my DS was born.

I will probably work until 38 or 39 weeks. Then I'll take my six weeks of maternity leave (thats all we get in the US) and probably have to go back after that. Ideally, I would love to go back to being a SAHM, but that will depend on finances.

I'll stop working when I go into labor most likely. I plan to work right up until the baby is born. Then I would start my 6 weeks maternity leave and go back to work after that. Fortunately, the daycare my LO will be in is at my work, so I will still have access to them throughout the day to visit, nurse, etc.

think 2 weeks before due date n then will be returning after maternity leave

I feel sick every time I read that you US ladies only get 6 weeks! Makes me feel lucky that we get 9 months paid.

I had planned to work up until delivery and then take 2-3 months maternity, depending on how much vacation time I had stored up. But we relocated for OH's job recently, so I left my job, and just decided not to look for a new one yet, since we are ttc soon. If it takes us a while to conceive and I get bored, I'll get another job, but since I won't have much vacation time saved, I'd probably just quit when I had LO. Not originally my intent to be a SAHM, the timing just kinda worked out that way. I'll definitely go back after a year or two, though. The income is too good not to, and I imagine I'll probably go nuts if I stay home longer than that.

I work part-time right now at a low-stress job where I don't have to be on my feet a ton. Best case scenario, I'll be working elsewhere once I have to worry about maternity leave, but this job works really well for me while I am in school, so if I am still working here, it's not the end of the world. I'm hoping I'll be able to work right up until I have the baby, but obviously that depends on how the pregnancy goes.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I went on mat leave at 36 weeks and she arrived exactly 4 weeks later. I went back after 9 months off.

Ideally next time ill work until the baby's born and I would have to return to work although id much rather be a SAHM, but I earn more than my husband so it's not likely that that will happen

I leave on the 23rd december using my annual leave and then my mat leave starts on 3rd of feb and im due on the 13th feb .. go back middle of November 2014 :)

With Ashley I took 3 weeks annual leave from 37 weeks then was officially on maternity leave from my due date. He turned up at 38 weeks. I took a years maternity but 2 months before I was due to go back I handed in my notice so I still accrued all that holiday pay. I'm now a SAHM and will be for number 2.

Wow, you're all going to work so close to your due dates!

I will have to wait and see and keep an open mind, I wud like to go on annual leave around 37 weeks and then mat leave from week of due date so I get 9 months plus other annual leave with baby. However I will have a demanding job and I'm not sure how my body is going to react to pregnancy with ky various illnesses and I'm at a bit of a risk of spd so if I get that I shud imagine I wud have to stop quite early on but I will wait and see how things go and cross that bridge when I get there

Well I am planning our TTC so that my due date will be summer after my second year of teaching, no earlier than July. So I will stop working after the school year lets out for summer break. I will be a SAHM after that until our kids are in school then I will go back to teaching.

I'd want to work as close to my due date as possible, so I can spend as much as possible of my 8 week maternity leave with the baby.

I hope to work right to my due date. I work in a low stress job and do not have to be on my feet all day. But I feel like at age 34 there may be risks that will not allow that. I'm keeping an open mind to the different scenarios. I'm so jealous of all the maternity leave you ladies get! That would be awesome. I'll return to work after maternity leave, but I'm secretly wishing it could be as part-time. Hehe.

With DD I worked up until the day before I was induced. With #2 I will most likely do that same unless for some reason I have to be on bed rest or something.

It will all depend on how I feel, but generally here mat leave starts 4 weeks before delivery, and I think I'd rather take sick leave if I don't feel well (we get 4 months paid sick leave per year if we need it) and save the annual leave for when I'm supposed to be going back (thats when baby is 9 months old), so I might be able to get an extra month or two. Planning to go back 3 days/week until LO is 3, then back to fulltime. Wishing for big agegaps :thumbup:

I work on my feet all day and often have to lift, reach, bend etc so am keeping an open mind about how long I will be able to work. I would like to take maternity leave starting at 36weeks, but use all my annual leave before then (so depending on how long TTC take will determine how much annual leave I have).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->