***REVISED*** November Testing Thread/7 BFPs, 19.4%

I had some gingerbread this afternoon and some scottish pancakes :thumbup:

Heh heh, me too, I like the american buttermilk ones as well with maple syrup and crispy bacon. But the scottish ones are quicker to make, cos it's all stuff I already had in the house.

Heh heh, me too, I like the american buttermilk ones as well with maple syrup and crispy bacon. But the scottish ones are quicker to make, cos it's all stuff I already had in the house.

The american ones were the reason I ended up a 100lb overweight :blush: DH makes them and they are so yummy but so fattening if eaten too often :)

Yeah they are a bit moreish to say the least, I haven't eaten them in a couple of years.

Buttermilk is only available in the biggest supermarkets here, and frankly I lose the will to live a bit if getting my groceries invovles a massive trek through the carpark and a shop the size of a football field.

Anyway the wee Scottish ones are lovely, they are a more modest treat ha ha

Yeah they are a bit moreish to say the least, I haven't eaten them in a couple of years.

Buttermilk is only available in the biggest supermarkets here, and frankly I lose the will to live a bit if getting my groceries invovles a massive trek through the carpark and a shop the size of a football field.

Anyway the wee Scottish ones are lovely, they are a more modest treat ha ha

I know how you feel about the supermarket which is why I still use small independent shops where I can and if I have to do a supermarket shop it's online and I let them deal with the hassle :)

My dad taught me how to make the scottish pancakes :thumbup:

Oh cool, do you have what the call a "girdle" here or do you make them in the flying pan?

Oh the family girdle Macwooly, even better :thumbup: I'll have to get one now I'm home.

For any non Celts reading this post, we are talking about griddle pans, not control underwear.

We did buttermilk pancakes and bacon this morning.:thumbup:

You can't find buttermilk in the UK? How do you make ranch or proper bleu cheese dressing without it? LOL

You get buttermilk EVERYWHERE in NI, because it's used to make our famous soda bread and potato bread. But not in the rest of the UK...

We did buttermilk pancakes and bacon this morning.:thumbup:

You can't find buttermilk in the UK? How do you make ranch or proper bleu cheese dressing without it? LOL

You can get it in the UK but only a few of the large supermarket chains stock it but I am looking for a local farm which may sell it :thumbup:

You get buttermilk EVERYWHERE in NI, because it's used to make our famous soda bread and potato bread. But not in the rest of the UK...

Sorry, meant soda bread and wheaten bread, you don't use it for potato bread!!

Yeah you can get it here but not easily, not from the smaller stores, I make a chocolate buttermilk cake which is pretty nice and easy.

Yeah you can get it here but not easily, not from the smaller stores, I make a chocolate buttermilk cake which is pretty nice and easy.

Oh any chance of the recipe when you get a few minutes to yourself? :)

of course, I'll get it for you shortly :thumbup: it's a 10 minute cake, seriously :haha:

I'm reading about cakes on this thread and watching Kirstie make cakes on TV. I so want cake but the GA has messed with my taste buds and everything sweet tastes bitter and horrid :cry:. I couldn't even eat my crunchie mcflurry. Waaahhh!

I'm reading about cakes on this thread and watching Kirstie make cakes on TV. I so want cake but the GA has messed with my taste buds and everything sweet tastes bitter and horrid :cry:. I couldn't even eat my crunchie mcflurry. Waaahhh!

:hugs::hugs:Hope it wears off soon ,how's the pain now lovely?xxxxx

Knock knock - may I join

Can you put me down for the 5th please?

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe