Santa baby brought me a BFP for Christmas! Updated cycle buddy thread

OMG Ginger :rofl::laugh2::rofl: I am dying over here! And I showed him too :thumbup: Laughed at him and walked away :haha:

I got a + OPK! So yup, that man better recognize :winkwink:

yeeeyee! SADDLE UP! bahahahah so BF told me today "oh yeah, i know it was it today" im like "what" he said "its been a few days since we last did the deed before today, my army is strong and a lot... we did it, we had to of" i just blank stared him... after the multiple conversions about this it finally hit him after i repeated myself. I went "uh you realize I havent actually ovulated yet, meaning my egg did not get released. we are getting them set like the historical Trojan horse, when they knocked on the door till they are let in, then once let in the army attacked" he went "WHAT?!?! ONLY ONE EGG PER CYCLE?!?! SERIOUS?!?!? HOW DO THESE PEOPLE WHO DONT WANT KIDS WIND UP WITH KIDS WITHIN THEIR FIRST ENCOUNTER, AND THE DESERVING FAMILY WHO TRIES AND TRIES CANT!? THIS IS BS!"

...................... I just responded "yes but when you think of it, having to work extra hard makes it seem more rewarding"............. It is a science, and its only been a couple months. I explained there are women who have tried a lot longer on here also. He is amazed at how much i have taught him about it all.

FX we both get it this cycle!! I am ready to announce to the world one day, especially my sister!

That's too funny! My partner has learned a ton from me too! I was thinking it's pretty crazy he knows what bfp af bfn bd hpt opk bbt and so on mean :haha: And he can identify cycle days :dohh: We've both learned quite a bit actually but what's sad is I already have 2 children and didn't know any of this stuff... I just figured you :sex: at any given time and run a high risk of getting "knocked up" :laugh2: Man was I way off! But I'm feeling much better today after my surprise + OPK annnnd got some BD in :happydance: We also had a little talk and I told him no matter what is delaying our :bfp: it won't deter me from doing whatever it takes to give him a child :thumbup:

Good!!!! i was doing a lot of research and found while its blinking to just do it every other day, then when the "peak" smiley appears is when you do it everyday. so i am going to try the SMEP like i have been wanting too... i felt i got off to a late start. Cd1 happened, i was bummed and crappy for a couple days, then i started prepping again for this cycle, cd6 came and i figured i will try OPKs (we only bd once or twice this cycle already so i felt delayed with that too), then cd7 happened and nothing on the OPK, cd8 (which is today) and i got a flashy!! caught me off guard so much!!! i ran out the door, got the preseed and at the checkout the guy kept asking "would you be interested in our new reeses with nuts"... "uh no"... "would you be interested in a magazine up here"... "uh no".... "would you be interested in a savings card"... "DUDE I JUST WANT TO PAY FOR MY LUBE AND GO, OKAY?!"..."that will be 21.95". bf was with me, since i told him to hurry and go with and as we walked out i kept pinching his butt... had to show the cashier that he was taking up my time! :rofl:
anywho, we dtd and now i wait and think a lot about if this month will be it. I hate thinking, i want to do a good amount but not overly do it. why must i think. I am so relaxed yet i just think and research. must. stay. positive!

Yay! I was able to use Preseed when we dtd yesterday too! I usually fill the applicator to the 2 mark... I think it suggests more but any more than 2 and it gets messy. My OPK doesnt blink its either circle or smiley. My temps aren't accurate at all I don't even know why I'm taking them now. I'm up with him right now as he's getting ready to leave for work but will go back to sleep for 2 hours. Not long enough to temp again. My main concern was BD during optimal times and I suppose I'm pleased with what I got this cycle and especially with my usage of Preseed this time around :thumbup: Are you temping? I'm so unsure of my O day now :shrug:

Yep! just started temping a few days ago! my bf wakes up at 3am for work, and i try not to wake up but it can be hard. i just tell him to leave me alone so my temps arent thrown off too much. I try not to temp at 3am because i usually do not sleep well throughout the night, so i started making my time 8am, well i still get restless and when he is off work he still wakes me up and i just dont know how accurate my temps are. Like today i woke up at 730am so went ahead and temped. My only issue is i feel my thermometer is messing up maybe? i dropped it once and i can barely hear the beeps anymore, i have to turn it off then turn it back on while its up in me and watch it again.. ahhhh idk. It dropped a little this morning but i wonder if that is from it being so cold in the apt, if that has anything to do with it. Im hoping temping, pressed and my OPK will do the trick this month. I got another flashy smiley today, Im trying to hold off on the bd today so i can follow the SMEP.

That's crazy I'm up at 3am as well when my bf is going to work T. When I temped before I was doing it at 6am and could get decent sleep through the night. Now it's just a big mess. If you happen to take your temp early I know there's BBT calculators online that can adjust your temp as if you took it at your normal time. I might adjust mine as if I was temping at 6am but it stil will be screwy because I woke at 2am then didn't temp until his alarm went off a few more time at 2:20am, so Ive been continuing that. Excet for this morning I took my temp at 2am and then again at 2:20am. :wacko::wacko::wacko: I think I'll temp the next 2-3 days and then stop and just wait for :af: :coffee:

Ginger here is a site I just used: https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

I adjusted my temps and am still so confused :wacko: Based on my previous charts, I would get my LAST + OPK on my O day then get a - OPK the day after I O. There is one single cycle where I believe I O'd the day AFTER my last + OPK. Also, I noticed that when I O, my temp would spike up for two days - on 1 & 2DPO - then would take a small dip at 3DPO.

Looking at my current OPK results I have my most recent + OPK on yesterday, so if I get a - OPK today that could likely mean I O'd yesterday. BUT... my temp took a small dip today, as it has at 3DPO in previous cycles, which would put my O day at CD13/Monday when I got my first + OPK. That wouldn't make any sense :shrug:

Since my sleep pattern is screwy with my partner working this new job and yesterday's temp had to be super inaccurate as I didn't get a good solid sleep the night prior I think I'm going to determine my O day based on my OPK results. I wasn't going to use another OPK until next cycle since I only have a few left, but if I get a - today on my lunch break I will assume I O'd yesterday or possibly today :thumbup:

Oh my goodness that does sound screwy! temping can be so confusing!! I would still bd today and tomorrow. they say to bd 2-3 days after O, and on the SMEP it says to bd 3 days after, take a day off and bd once more.

How accurate are those calculators? I did it and it fixed it, hopefully its the right temp!

I'm not sure about accuracy, but I've seen temp adjustments mentioned as I had researched charting and such in the past. I just know mine are likely super inaccurate no matter what I do :nope:

How are you other ladies coming along?! Is anyone testing soon? Hoping for some early :bfp: from Santa! AFM, I believe :af: will show either the 23rd or on Christmas freakin Eve. Nice. If not I'll test a day after. How indescribably awesome would a :bfp: right on Christmas morning be?! Yeah right, I'm just gonna count myself out this month :sad1:

sometimes i say "prepare for the worst but hope for the best".. that way my feelsing aren't hurt if i get a BFN, however come on... it will hurt no matter how much we "prepare" ourselves with it. :( FX we both get it. STAY POSITIVE, i have learned with experience and what not that being positive can really help your body, mind and everything. POOOOSSSSIIIIITTTTIIIVVVVEEEE. when you are feeling doubtful think of me whispering sweet nothings like "stay positive B^tch" in your ear :rofl:

:rofl: Ginger I am going to do that! I need a keychain or bumper sticker or something with "Stay positive b*tch" on it :haha: I feel tinkle tingles coming on but MUST HOLD TIL LUNCH! :loo:

HOLD IT!!! I held it ALL night and had to go bad this AM. My OPK says to test with FMU which is great because I drink so much fluids usually that a 4 hour hold and lessening my intake for a little bit would be HORRIBLE! Tho if i do not get my BFP this month i might purchase 2 different types of OPK. one for FMU and one in afternoon. ug i dont wanna tho! i want this to be it! THIS TO BE OUR MONTH! i get my spurts of "yeahhhh i got this" and then a little bit later "what if i dont....." so frustrating LOL. thankfully our conversations keep me a wee bit sane.

I really need to drink more water. I tell myself this every month :dohh: I usually have some OJ in the morning before work and have coffee at my desk. I did have a small cup of coffee at home then another cup at work... and some cookies :toothpick: If I stay here at my desk I should be OK until about noon I hope. These convos DEF help me! If I didn't have ladies to discuss everything TTC related with I'd be talking my poor man's ears off and likely get NO :sex: at all because he would eventually just find ways to get away from me :ignore: I found a cycle buddy on the same CD as me :thumbup: and Ginger you are super close and both of you have been my December cycle besties :hugs: :kiss:

GOOD! im glad i can help!! :) I am about a week behind you, i am to test on the 30th if AF doesn't show. I was drinking a lot of caffeine (mainly coffee and tea) with water, but with TTC i have tried to lessen my intake of caffeine. I started half decaff. and half caff. coffee today and it isn't bad. Just preparing myself for when the day comes i get the BFP. ahhh *must stay sane*... finals are suppose to be tomorrow so at least my brain will be focused on something other than google and BnB for a few hours LOL.

Sorry butting in without catching up!

But

I'm super annoyed at these cheap opks...

since the weekend I have basically had what looks like a positive on them with it getting a bit darker each day, but never as dark as when I was ttc my last baby! they were undeniable. Well it was pretty dark on monday/tuesday ( i forget which now lol) and then on Wednesday it went back to nothing (no second line)
Not that it mattered as it turns out as we never had the chance to dtd.

So I just assumed I ovulated tuesday and that's why the line had gone on wednesday.

This morning I got my darkest line yet :/ How on earth can they go from quite dark (pretty much a pos) to nothing to dark again. in the space of three days?!

I was in a bit of a huff aswell as we managed to get some "alone time" last night, and i was complaining that it was better late than never but it was too late. Then I get a positive opk this morning !
Still though I will be amazed if I get pregnant from one time! also today is cycle day 19 out of 32. Quite late I would think to ovulate even for a 32 day cycle...

Is my body still messed up from breastfeeding ?

I'm not sure about accuracy, but I've seen temp adjustments mentioned as I had researched charting and such in the past. I just know mine are likely super inaccurate no matter what I do :nope:

How are you other ladies coming along?! Is anyone testing soon? Hoping for some early :bfp: from Santa! AFM, I believe :af: will show either the 23rd or on Christmas freakin Eve. Nice. If not I'll test a day after. How indescribably awesome would a :bfp: right on Christmas morning be?! Yeah right, I'm just gonna count myself out this month :sad1:

A christmas morning BFP would be the best gift.

Fingers crossed for you ! :thumbup:

Sorry butting in without catching up!

But

I'm super annoyed at these cheap opks...

since the weekend I have basically had what looks like a positive on them with it getting a bit darker each day, but never as dark as when I was ttc my last baby! they were undeniable. Well it was pretty dark on monday/tuesday ( i forget which now lol) and then on Wednesday it went back to nothing (no second line)
Not that it mattered as it turns out as we never had the chance to dtd.

So I just assumed I ovulated tuesday and that's why the line had gone on wednesday.

This morning I got my darkest line yet :/ How on earth can they go from quite dark (pretty much a pos) to nothing to dark again. in the space of three days?!

I was in a bit of a huff aswell as we managed to get some "alone time" last night, and i was complaining that it was better late than never but it was too late. Then I get a positive opk this morning !
Still though I will be amazed if I get pregnant from one time! also today is cycle day 19 out of 32. Quite late I would think to ovulate even for a 32 day cycle...

Is my body still messed up from breastfeeding ?

Rhi don't worry please chime in with whatever is on your mind! Hmm... Do you have photos of your tests to share? Also, If you are at CD19 of a 32 day cycle that would make your LP 12 days (same as mine) which is good to sustain a pregnancy. I'm not sure how normal a 12 day LP is for a 32 day cycle as my cycle is anywhere from 25-28 days :shrug: Glad to hear you got some BD in and maybe at just the right time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->