santa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
ok so every year parents tell their kids that their presents are from santa... but i want to know...

do you tell them ALL their presents are from santa or do you say that some are from you, how does it work? we never did 'santa' growing up... gifts were from my mum and thats just the way it worked.

sorry if i sound thick, what i wanted to do was say the stocking gifts were from santa and a few small presents from us? or are they all meant to be from santa?

When i was little ALL of my presents were from santa x

I do the same for my kids as I got when I was little.. they have a 'main' big expensive pressie which is from me and thier dad, then they have the rest from santa!

Our stockings were from Santa, as well as several gifts (usually the big ones) but we had smaller gifts from other family members and my parents as well. That's what we'll do with Hannah

If I remember right I had all my gifts under the tree from santa then I always got a hidden prezzie from mum and dad at the end :D I'm pretty sure family prezzies were at the side too and I'd kno they weren't santa prezzies ...

So mum & dad buy santa prezies and big gift from mummy and daddy and prezzies from family are given to child after santa prezzies and told 'thats from nanna pat etc' well I worded that wrong think thats how im going to do it I mean :D

When I was little, all the presents at the end of our bed (our stocking and a big one or two) were from Santa, but then we had the presents under the tree, that were from our close family (my mum and siblings) and again on boxing day we went round my grandparents and had presents under their tree from our more extended family (nan, grandad, aunt, cousins etc...)

We'll be doing the same with Anna - and we'll open them the same way, too; presents from Santa in the morning, and then all the presents under the tree after Christmas dinner - spread it out as much as possible. The suspense used to kill us and all day we would be thinking about the presents under the tree hahaha but it was more fun for us than having them all in one go and then it all being over lol

I'm such a big kid when it comes to Christmas - it was all so magical and exciting for us, I am SO looking forward to playing Santa and OOOOOOOooooohhhh putting out the carrot and the pies and Oooh I've got all excited now!!! :happydance: hehehe

I hope that Christmas is as exciting for Anna as it was for me - it was so full of magic when I was a child... Woop woop! teheh

:lol:

thanks for your replies!!!

just had a chat with colin and we;re going to give the stocking stuff from santa and the others from us and of course other family/friends will have their gifts under the tree too but the kids will know who theyre from

when i was little the stockings were fromsanta plus a few little gifts rest we were told were from family who had sent them to santa to be delievered x

when i was little, our stockings and one big gift were from santa.... all the rest from family!

tasha - i absolutely LOVE the idea of spreading it all out...we do everything BEFORE breakfast.. everyone gets their coffee, then pressies! all over by like 8am! LOL

Actually when I was little the main big presents and stockings were from Santa and the smaller ones were from mom/dad/sister etc.

some from santa some from parents and grandparents and relitives ect

We put a load of pressents under the tree and say they are from Santa and then we swap gifts and give her the ones 'from us'. So we do both xx

The stocking prezzies are from Santa and all the prezzies under the tree are from us and any family ones, they usually have 2 or 3 main ones from us, we bring the stockings down stairs and they open them and then we give out all of the rest under the tree and all open them, we then have brekkie, cuppa tea, tidy up and get dresses etc for family to come over for the day, oh I cant wait, I get excited talking about it :happydance:

nicole knows that i buy the presents, normally there when i get them, but she thinks that santa comes and picks them up at night and takes them home with him and brings them with him on xmas eve if she's been a good girl.

what we do is have all the family pressies under the tree and a few from us and they stay there

they leave there stockings on a chair each in the lounge and in the morning santa has left all the presents from him next to the filled stocking

they get to open their santa pressies and stocking first then either me or OH goes under the tree and 1 by 1 takes a pressie out saying who its from etc and we watch each other opening those ones

then after christmas dinner we get the "hidden" pressie out usually something they really want and think they havent gotten lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"