Separated parents sharing Xmas .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babyvoisey

Reaction score
Do u take it in turns yearly? Do you just have them and they see dad for an hour?

My son was with me and OH last Xmas eve. Went to his dads Xmas morning around 10 for 3 hours and back to us for the rest of the day. This year he's off to his dads Xmas eve and back to us around 11ish Xmas morning! OH is gutted as he won't wake up with us

Guess it's the sacrifice u have to take :(

no i dont take turns, i have him xmas eve and they pick him up after xmas dinner and keep him xmas day night and boxing day.

We rotate it every year. One parent gets the lil fella for most of Christmas day - the other has him for an hour or so x

We take turns. This year he is with his dad Xmas eve from whenever his dad finishes work and then back to us about 10/11 Xmas morning. Aslong as DS is happy with that plan, I am going to ask him what he would like to do as he isn't keen on being at his dad's at the best of time since baby was born, I don't want him upset so will give him as much say in this as possible xx

This year is our first year separated and I'm not sure what's going to happen.
Ideally id like to have Rio Christmas Eve and until around 3pm Christmas Day, so that he can come to my grandmas with the rest of my family like we do every year. (We used to do this with fob too then go to his parents on the night)
I wouldn't mind him then staying with his dad Xmas night and some of Boxing Day.
I imagine fob will be deciding what happens though. Hope he agrees with what I want. Id hate to not have my LO Christmas morning.

I have DD Christmas Eve and she goes to her Dad's after dinner xx

We take it in turns - 23rd-27th at one house. We live 3 hours apart and we want her to enjoy christmas week properly and not spend it travelling. She's at ours this year :)

Right now it's just me OH and LO but I'm dreading when I have more kids having them separated at Christmas :(

FOB doesn't live close so he doesn't see him Christmas Day. This year we'll probably FaceTime in the morning because he's finally gotten himself an iPhone, but he has a sort of second Christmas on Boxing Day.

Right now it's just me OH and LO but I'm dreading when I have more kids having them separated at Christmas :(

This is why i wont do it, it would break my heart for the kids not to wake up together and open presents. I'm lucky that fob isnt that bothered about having him xmas eve!

I gave LO dad the choice to have him this Xmas eve and he said yes. All could change nearer the time as he likes a drink over Xmas so he may not be as bothered near the time. I'm fine with splitting it equally at the minute but still dreading the day I have more kids and they won't have Xmas together. Maybe then things will change x

We take turns. He sleeps at 1 house on Christmas Eve and then goes to the other house around 1PM on Christmas Day. General rule of thumb is that he has Christmas Dinner with whoever has him in the afternoon.

We have him in the morning this year, really looking forward to it as I hate when we have him in the afternoon cos he spends all his time telling me what his dad has bought him instead of opening the presents we've got him :dohh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back