September 08 Mummies and Daddies Club

Daisy still gets up through the night, she doesnt scream, she doesnt even properly wake up she just kind of grunts! thats what makes it so frustrating, because she doesnt seem to want anything.

zanes the worst when he doesnt fully wake up cuz he screams non stop least wen hes awake i can calm him

Tom's started to sleep through majority of the night now, mum and dad saw to him last night to give me a decent night's kip and he woke up once :wohoo:

Savannah wakes up and normally will only be quiet and sleep after I feed her. She can't be hungry since she had a massive dinner and some formula (she's normally bf) last night.

Savannah wakes up and normally will only be quiet and sleep after I feed her. She can't be hungry since she had a massive dinner and some formula (she's normally bf) last night.

i think shes teething u dont have to see the teeth coming for them to hurt.

its a pain but its a stage our los need to go thru

My biggest complaint about it was that I didn't know why she was doing it. She doesn't scream like she's in pain when she wakes but I have no experience in this. If I know why then it's easier to be empathetic and not so angry

it does sound like what we go through when we're teething Sarah. Random outburts of tears through the night. I normally just give her back her dummy with a spot of teething gel on and she normally goes back off quite promptly. It took 4 months for our first tooth to cut but the second one, though much more painful for her, has been much quicker, just over a week.

I have tried a dummy but because she has very rarely had one she won't take one when she's crying. Feeding doesn't take long and I do it lying down, it's just the broken sleep.
So glad to know whats wrong though, easier for me to understand now

well we tend to rule everything else out first then we'll guess it's teething, try some teething gel then she'll stop within about 60 seconds. If she doesn't stop crying it can be a bit of trapped wind but more often than not it's the teeth. :hug:

So that should work even at night when nothing else but the boob will, if it's teething?

if it's teething i'd say gel and a cuddle if she's really upset. My LO only tends to feed at night for comfort and it's a very rare occasion, but then everyone's different.

How much is she eating during the day? Is she on 3 meals now?

She's on 3-4 meals, depending on what day care gives her. She always gets dinner though

yea, i'd suggest giving a bit of teething gel then and see if that whats annoying her. :hugs:

Thanks heaps for your help :) I'm not a patient person at the best of times but when I know there's a reason I can be. Pretty sad I don't know my own daughters cries and wakenings though.

Sarah; it's more about deducting the possibilities from the list for me. sometimes i over think it and really she juts wants a cuddle.

emma; i just replied to your thread but yay Ellie. Benn hidin his toys is so funny!

Nothing worked last night :( I couldn't get Bonjela so I used the homeopathic teething tablets I had, she was quiet for a few seconds as the dissolved and she played with them and then she started screaming again till I fed her. She shouldn't be hungry. Even after I fed her she was fussing for 2 hours. :( I only got max 4 hours sleep for work(2am-6am).

We had hell with Elliot last night, screaming and crying for over an hour to begin with till we calmed him down a bit.... :( more teeth coming by the sounds of it. Then he was up really early today.

I think I had heat stroke myself today so haven't been feeling too well at all :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->