September 08 Mummies and Daddies Club

zane had a bad night last night he wudnt settle, and tonight hes refusing to go to sleep in the first place he thinks its funny to crawl around his cot n stand up then laugh at me wen i lie him down.

oh is workin tonight so im tackeling him by myself lol

ow mummies sounds like we're all been havin a bit of a time of it this week. :hug:

Hope Zane went to sleep for you eventually last night moomin!

Nothing worked last night :( I couldn't get Bonjela so I used the homeopathic teething tablets I had, she was quiet for a few seconds as the dissolved and she played with them and then she started screaming again till I fed her. She shouldn't be hungry. Even after I fed her she was fussing for 2 hours. :( I only got max 4 hours sleep for work(2am-6am).

Ow dear :hug:

I don't know then. Is she actually tired at night? Maybe she's thinkin it's time to get up and thats what she's trying to tell you? :shrug:

he finaly went to sleep and only woke up once at 12.30 and didnt come in bed with me but then got up at 5 am lol hes at nursery tomo so yay lie in haha

Hey how are you all?
i am all traumatised!

I was trying to be strict tonight with Daisy and after she had her night bottle I put her in her cot to sleep herself (I usually get her to sleep in my bed 1st then move her)

She screamed the house down and I gave in :sad1: Failed again .

shes in her own bed now and I am going to try my best not to lift her through the night but I will probably fail there too :sad1:

She wakes to be lifted at about 4:30am and I take her into my bed but lastnight she was a total nightmare and was up every couple of hours just whinging. :dohh:

We will see how tonight goes, I am so tired, I need to stick to this and get her into a more settled routine, for my sake and hers .

Hey how are you all?
i am all traumatised!

I was trying to be strict tonight with Daisy and after she had her night bottle I put her in her cot to sleep herself (I usually get her to sleep in my bed 1st then move her)

shes in her own bed now and I am going to try my best not to lift her through the night but I will probably fail there too :sad1:

She wakes to be lifted at about 4:30am and I take her into my bed but lastnight she was a total nightmare and was up every couple of hours just whinging. :dohh:

We will see how tonight goes, I am so tired, I need to stick to this and get her into a more settled routine, for my sake and hers .

i feel like poo when i give into zane at night comin in my bed but i love him needing me to hug him haha.

dont say uve failed again its not easy and ur doing a great job, a babies screams at 4 am is enough to drive anyone to give in i no i do all the time.

she will get better.

im stickin zane in his own room next week :dohh:

Nothing worked last night :( I couldn't get Bonjela so I used the homeopathic teething tablets I had, she was quiet for a few seconds as the dissolved and she played with them and then she started screaming again till I fed her. She shouldn't be hungry. Even after I fed her she was fussing for 2 hours. :( I only got max 4 hours sleep for work(2am-6am).

:hugs:

I know you breastfeed but have you thought about giving her a last bottle of night time formula? It is a little thicker and has cereals in so can make some babies sleep longer.
It did work with Daisy for a while, I am now thinking about puting her back on it so I can get a full nights sleep!

I have no idea what wakes Daisy either though, last night even when I took her into my bed she was still grumbling and moaning for about 2 hours, I was exhausted all day.

If you find out why she is waking let me know!:hugs:

Hey how are you all?
i am all traumatised!

i feel like poo when i give into zane at night comin in my bed but i love him needing me to hug him haha.

dont say uve failed again its not easy and ur doing a great job, a babies screams at 4 am is enough to drive anyone to give in i no i do all the time.

she will get better.

im stickin zane in his own room next week :dohh:

Thanks Hun :hugs: Good luck with Zane moving rooms! i am sure he will be fine :hugs:

he doesnt sleep thru the night n still comes in my bed so ile be up down all night lol.

its oh's idea cuz he some how thinks he will get:sex: i still say no chance haha

:hugs:

I know you breastfeed but have you thought about giving her a last bottle of night time formula? It is a little thicker and has cereals in so can make some babies sleep longer.
It did work with Daisy for a while, I am now thinking about puting her back on it so I can get a full nights sleep!

I have no idea what wakes Daisy either though, last night even when I took her into my bed she was still grumbling and moaning for about 2 hours, I was exhausted all day.

If you find out why she is waking let me know!:hugs:

I actually did try that one night when mum was watching her while I worked, it failed...

aw hun, I dont know what else to suggest....sorry :hugs:

We went not too bad last night.

Daisy was in her cot from about 8pm and slept soundly most of the night, she did her usual moaning at 4:30am but I just ignored it, she had loads of dummies in her cot and eventually found one and settled down (right at the bottom of her cot) with her blanket about 20 minutes later.

Then she woke at 7! So, not totally undisturbed sleep but sooooo much better!

Hey Girlies sorry your having such a bad time :hug:

As some of you know jacob used to wake every hour until he was 5.5months and then i had enough so i took some advice from some people on here, changed things dramitcally and now he goes down at 7pm and wakes at 5.30am without getting up once. BUT it was hard work for the 1st 2-3weeks but it worked for me....so ill just short form what i did down as in work and it might work for some and not for others. Or some people might think its stupid :rofl:

Jacob used to get up every hour from 9pm till 6am wanting feeding :dohh: and i used to give in. But i had it as i knew he was getting it wrong cause he was taking more at night and refusing feeding in the day :dohh: So i basically refused to feed him at night :blush: I cannot let lo CIO never have done. So basically the 1st night he had last feed at 8.30 and bed at 9pm and then he woke at 11 looking for a feed and i re-settled him after 1hr of crying but me just cuddling him and re-assuring him he went off woke at 1am and i did the same. woke at 2.30am and i fed him this time as i knew he'd been ages. Woke at 3 looking for food and i resettled him after another 30-45mins then woke every hour and i just kept re-settling so basically got no sleep but i knew it would be worth it. Next night was the same and the 3rd night was the worst. But by the 4th night something changed and jacob went down at 9pm and only woke about 2am for a feed :shock: then back down till 6!!! then after about a week i cut out that early feed and he would still wake and i would re-settle him by cuddles (i dont believe in not picking them up) after a few days this time he would wake got less and less until after about 10 days he was only getting up for 1-2mins for a cuddle. then he one night never woke :shock: but after 2 weeks he started waking for his dummy but after a week or so stops and etc. So majority of nights he goes down and doesnt get back up till morning other days he is up once or twice but only for dummy and just stays in his cot. But i normally need the toilet so i go then :blush:

And we co-slept until he was 5months too. But i found everytime he woke it was so easy just to put him in bed with us but we were not getting any sleep. So i knew consitancy was the best thing and it is tiring when you think of but they will sleep a bit longer etc. Now jacob wakes between 5-5.30 every morning and i could put him in bed with me and he would prob sleep another hr or so but if i do that i know it will get into a habbit so i just get up then and start the day and i know when the darker mornings come in he will go longer.

Anyway my best bit of advice is consistancy with anything you do. And be strong. :hug: I know easier said than done but ive been through it and know the other side is better.

As for teething i find once you get the 2 top and bottom out the way the rest are easy. Jacob isnt bothered by his now and he has his 9th just coming through :) XxxxX

Hi, just a quick rant....my mom still thinks there is nothing wrong with elliot, and that i'm basically making a fuss over nothing (about his reflux) so i'm feeling rather upset right now. It's literally like saying i'm a liar. Thanks mom :(

keely.

Aw Keely :hugs: I dont think alot of our Mums know what it is as it wasn't really ever heard of back in the day when they had young babies.

It is very very real! :hugs:

OH Keely :hug: I got that too from my mum...until she spent the day with him and i never gave him his med's as she said it was 'not needed' well after that she came back with a screaming baby who had only ate once all day and as you know without the med's he just wont eat cause it hurts but is hungry hence the screaming so i settled him gave him his med's and an hour later took 12oz of milk and a BIG tea :shock: SO....now she believes me :rofl:

XxxX

She's a bit annoyed with me now oops, because on facebook i put 'i'm feeling really sad' on my status and when someone asked why i said because a family member didn't think there was anything wrong with elliot ie the reflux, my mom then said i shouldn't be putting private things like that on there. so i'm officially told off at the age of (almost) 25!

Now she's saying i'd taken it the wrong way, that she does believe me but was trying to be positive by telling me he seems happy enough etc but that wasn't how she worded it the other day. She's put her foot in it big time.

Oh well, i haven't got the energy to argue or anything right now-told her to forget it.

keely.

my mum actualy listens to what i say as she knows when she doesnt zane will scream haha this is from experience with her own children she says.

but the bloody mil really gets my back up shes a health visitor but it gets me just how stupid she is! she gives me stupid advice which doesnt make sence n id never do and then she had a go at my oh wen he said zane was havin scrambled egg afew weeks ago she insisted he wasnt allowed eggs till 12 months so my oh went on the net n said see he can have eggs!

that shut her up for now. i feel sorry for the poor mothers who have to deal with her

Zane was abit off last night woke up several times i now i no why.....hes got another cold :( my poor little guy.

i thougth he was finaly gettin well this morning cuz he did his first solid poo in a month nwo this. oh well.

hows everyone else today?

hi :wave:

Not too bad here, well thats a bit of a lie! Feeling knackered! Daisy fell asleep last night drinking her last bottle so I put her in her cot straight away.
Decided on having an early night last night so went to bed, and suddenly my little cat Poppy came running in wailing really loud, this woke Daisy and she was awake til 2:30am, not crying or moaning just wanting to play!

Eventually got some sleep and she didnt wake til 9:30am but it has messed up her daytime routine, we dont usually have one but lately it has all started falling into place but its all gone out the window, she has had 3 naps today cos she is so tired!

Not looking forward to tonight :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->