September 08 Mummies and Daddies Club

no u dont have to get baby checked i no alot of people dont. if there are any appointments u need to be at ur hv should call u.

zane still hasnt had his 9 month development check n i go every 2 weeks im starting to wonder why i bother lol

I've been back at work since the start of June and even though I work part time, the days that I work mean that I miss out on taking Sophia to the baby clinic to get weighed and checked etc. Should I expect a call in at some point, I don't want to be in any danger of falling off the radar if there are any particular mile stone checks she should be having done. ??

No you should be fine, checks are up to you anything important they send for you, we just had our 8 month check up (at 9 may i add lol!) and the hv told me she just comes to check now at 1 yr old. DO you not have several clinics running? We have 1 at doc's and the mummy and baby group run a drop in clinic at the same time.

:wave: ladies. oh my gosh i'm so behind on this thread, i'm off to read and try and catch up!

Quick update on us though; Haven't been online so much, i was ill, then holidays, and DD is bein a bit noughty as her poor peggys are hurting. We still only have two bottom teeth but it appears another one, possibly a molar actually could be cutting through. Still no signs of crawling but she is getting much stronger at standing up, she's happy bouncing herself across the room at the minute so i'm happy witht hat if thats what she wants to do. we have a few words, dada and hiya and she says gg for good girl but no sign of mama :cry:. She had her 8 month check 3/4 weeks ago, 67cm tall and 18lbs. Doing well with food in general and loves feeding herself with her fingers.

Hope everyone else is okay i'm off to read now :hugs:

I'm same as you, trying to catch up with everyone but soooooo many pages!!!
It's now almost 3 months since Gabbi got her first2 teeth, she acts like there's more coming but that's been going on a few weeks now. Her nappies tell me so too!! lol It does hurt when she bites!

Gabbi is up and off everywhere, as long as she has something to hold onto. Her latest is to grab something that can move, e.g. a chair, the buffet, the small table and she's off!!! Her walker, well she hardly goes in it as she's happy to hold on to the seat and go round and round (she has the Bright Starts Around we go activity table), she's funny, I chase her but boy do I get dizzy fast. She keeps going for ages!!!!

We have gug which I think means duck, gogo which means Rojo the dog, baba which is grandma in Bulgarian, mama but she doesn't know that's me, she said dada once but she knows who daddy is, I always say daddy's home or go to daddy so she knows him. OH doesn't say anything, so hopefully, when she gets onto I want I want I want, it will be "dada I want...." first!! lol

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh there's one thing that Gabbi started doing about 1 1/2 weeks ago .................... if she wants to be picked up or you pick her up for some other reason, she throws her arms around your neck and gives you the biggest hug!!!!!!!!!! Oh I LURVE it!!!!!

Oh and she clapped for the first time on her own the other day!!! Finally! I clap her hands for her, but she carried on on her own!! What was even nicer is that we were talking to my dad on Skype so he got to share a first with us :) She also did it for nanna the day after but shes still not done it for daddy!!! She will :) He gets hugs too so he's happy :)

no u dont have to get baby checked i no alot of people dont. if there are any appointments u need to be at ur hv should call u.

zane still hasnt had his 9 month development check n i go every 2 weeks im starting to wonder why i bother lol

Here in Bulgaria, we get told to come back for a check up every month. Weighs her (although we do it again at home), they measure her (again we do it at home) but it's all for their records. Luckily, the medical centre is 2 mins walk from our house.

My mum sent me a couple of photos of me when I was around Gabbi's age, maybe a little older. More to come! lol From the front, she looks nothing like me, unfortunately, OH's mum hardly has any from when he was a baby so can't really compare. Now, Gabbi on profile, we could be the same baby! The photos I've added of G are not the best, I will have to go through the disc of her pics and find a better one, but I could be Gabbi!!!

I have noticed that she gets her chunky legs from me!!! lol

Attachments

• Gas Fire064.jpg
    Gas Fire064.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Copy (2) of Gas Fire064.jpg
    Copy (2) of Gas Fire064.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6857.JPG
    IMG_6857.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6873.jpg
    IMG_6873.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7634.JPG
    IMG_7634.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
One more pic. From the front, me and Gabbi have the same nose and that's it. She's not got my shaped head, she has her dads lips, not sure about the eyes although we both have brown, trust Gabbi to get our "female family" legs!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7689.jpg
    IMG_7689.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 2

Here in Bulgaria, we get told to come back for a check up every month. Weighs her (although we do it again at home), they measure her (again we do it at home) but it's all for their records. Luckily, the medical centre is 2 mins walk from our house.

i go up to the clinic every 2 weeks like ive said and she just never mentions it, they do a clinic on camp so im only 2 mins away from it to which is handy lol

So how is everyone lo doing this week. Jacob is doing great he can now take 2-3 steps from the sofa towards me before losing his balance. and can stand alone for about 10secs until he realises and grabs something :rofl:

His 9th and 10th tooth poking out now, so he has 4 on bottom and 6 on top now the 2 new ones are the pointy ones, not giving him any bother yet so been quiet lucky. He is now sleeping 7pm till 7am straight, but i think this is due to him dropping all naps in the day unless we go out and he gets bored lol.

Eating is becoming a problem he refuses everything now more interested in playing than eating...and hates to be fed so its all finger foods at the mo, tried a spoon but it does it backwards and get the food all down him :dohh:

so how is everyone else's doing?? XxxxX

So how is everyone lo doing this week. Jacob is doing great he can now take 2-3 steps from the sofa towards me before losing his balance. and can stand alone for about 10secs until he realises and grabs something :rofl:

His 9th and 10th tooth poking out now, so he has 4 on bottom and 6 on top now the 2 new ones are the pointy ones, not giving him any bother yet so been quiet lucky. He is now sleeping 7pm till 7am straight, but i think this is due to him dropping all naps in the day unless we go out and he gets bored lol.

Eating is becoming a problem he refuses everything now more interested in playing than eating...and hates to be fed so its all finger foods at the mo, tried a spoon but it does it backwards and get the food all down him :dohh:

so how is everyone else's doing?? XxxxX

Awww I was just looking at photos of Jacob on FB, he is so gorgeous Ema! He has loads of teeth! Daisy has her 2 bottom ones and 3 top ones have just made an appearance this week so getting there!

She is the same as Jacob on walking, just a few steps then realises that crawling is much faster!
She also wont allow anyone to feed her either!:dohh: So all finger food here too, she has a few bits then plays too, must be their age!

Hope everyone is ok xxx

Here in Canada, you just go when you want. I haven't really gone in to have H weighed and measured because I can tell she is growing and looks healthy.

From 7 months to 1 year, it is up to me if I feel the need to go in, which I did go in once.

I was thinking about you last night Ema! I am glad you came and gave a little update. Sounds like Jacob is doing great! and you looked fantastic in those fb pics!

Helena is now sleeping through the night!! Does some walking when she feels like it, has 2 bottom teeth and 2 top teeth are poking through now. She is a handful, thats for sure

Sounds like your LO's are doing fantastic!

Jacob's gonna have to give Mills a few pointers on wednesday i think :laugh2: She has absolutly no interest in crawling or walking or standing either really. She still only has the bottom 2 teeth but her others have been annoying her for so long now i do hope they're going to cut through soon. Her words are coming on, we have dada, dodo (dummy), hiya, gg (good girl i think) and she's trying to say tata but hasn't quite got the t sound yet. No signs of mama yet tho :dohh:

Zanes fav word is daddy :dohh: but his other words are ook for book igger for tigger lol he can say muma but only says it when he wants something haha

Hes now trying to stand up unaided and can do it for a second, my heart skips a beat im always wanting to grab him lol

The past week hes grown up so much hes now clapping and dances all the time its so cute until im trying to feed him then its a right pain in the ass! But hes now finaly using a cup for his juice.

Im now doing all the big planning for his 1st bday, its come around so fast

Hello girls, not been on for ages. I'm going to go back and read some of your posts now to see how well everyone is doing.
Kathryn is changing so much. she's crawling and managing to get everywhere. We've been fitting stair gates this weekend. She babbling and says dada clearly, she says mama and nana but not in any context.
She's got a firm grip on her and thinks grabbing my hair and face is great fun - it bloody kills. Anyone else suffering???
I Can't believe all of our LOs are going to be one soon. It doesn't seem like two minutes since i first logged onto the 1st trimester to announce my scan results! Hope everyone is doing well xxxxxxxxxxx Hugs to all xx

oh yes im also a sufferer of baby violence lol zanes got strong legs on him n kicks the hell out of me lol he aslo manages to grab my colar bone and pulls himself up....ouchhh!!!! lol

i also get the smacks in the face and he pulls my hair out

Well Jacob did it last night. :)

On sat night he stood unaided for about 20 secs and attempted a step but lost balance and ended up running the 3 steps to the sofa :rofl: (when he loses it instead of just stopping and sitting he runs :dohh:)

Well last night he stood against the sofa let go turned round and walked the 8 steps to the other sofa :cloud9: bit wobbly but got there but instead of stopping he got excited and thought he could just walk then and ended up on his face :dohh: but got back up and kept trying :D so i think by 3 -4 weeks ill have a proper lil walker on me hands :) XxxX

Hi Angie, good to hear from you. Sounds like Kathryn is doing well. Oh yes, if my daughter can grab on to you in any way she will, she loves my hair and digging her fingers into noses lol!

Well done on taking your first proper steps Jacob!!

Hey girls

Tom's trying to stand up as well now, he can stand next to my bed unaided when the laptops in front of him & he can take a few steps with some help :D

im waiting for zane to walk by himself, hes been standing and walking aided for awhile now and the other day we walked through the park holding is hands it was so cute.

now planning his bday party i cant wait

im waiting for zane to walk by himself, hes been standing and walking aided for awhile now and the other day we walked through the park holding is hands it was so cute.

now planning his bday party i cant wait

I love it when jacob walks like this, by your side holding your hand and toddling :cloud9: It the cutiest thing!! We do it at the water park as im scared to let him go on his own as scared he'll fall :) XxxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->