September 08 Mummies and Daddies Club

im waiting for zane to walk by himself, hes been standing and walking aided for awhile now and the other day we walked through the park holding is hands it was so cute.

now planning his bday party i cant wait

I love it when jacob walks like this, by your side holding your hand and toddling :cloud9: It the cutiest thing!! We do it at the water park as im scared to let him go on his own as scared he'll fall :) XxxX

im always scared hes goin to fall lol

hes also started to hols the back of his buggy and walks along too lol i cant wait till he starts walkin by himself altho when it happens ile be constantly following him haha

I posted this is the Weaning Section but no response, so thought you girls, as your LO's are the same age, may be able to suggest things/help :)

So Gabbi is only on 2 milk feeds, morning and night. She cut out the afternoon one on her own!

This is what she has:

8 am ish - 180 ml of formula (although she has seemed to want more the last week!). Followed by either porridge with fruit, baby cereal and fruit or toast.
12 - 12.30 pm - 4 cubes of food (normally 2 veg cubes and 2 complete meal, e.g. spag bol) followed by fruit and yogurt.
Mid afternoon - fruit, rice cake, rice cake and cream cheese, what ever take her fancy but I am rubbish at coming up with ideas!!!
5, 5.30 or 6 - 4 cubes, same as before, followed by fruit and baby night time cereal
8 - 9 - 210 ml of formula, although last night she had 240ml

In 1 months she will be 1 year. Where did the last year go??????????????????
Anyway, how do I change her food and milk????? I know she can go on to full fat cows milk, I know I can mix her formula with it so she take better to it. But do I still give formula for a while?? I ask because in the shop, I saw formula for 1 -2 years old.

Should I then be also giving her more cubes? It isn't pureed, her food is pulsed or mashed, depending on what the food is. E.g. chicken doesn't mash well! Also Gabbi only has 2 bottom teeth and also she can chomped well, she can't chew well yet.

Should she also be taking her breakfast milk from her beaker/cup??? I have the Avent one which has a no spill bit, if I take it off, then water goes everywhere, I do not want milk every where, I want it in her belly!

I have books I have used as reference for the last year (not followed but had some great tips to pick and choose from), but I have nothing for after they hit 1!!!

Does anyone have any tips, know of good books (mum comes for a visit in 8 weeks), good website, etc?????

Thanks girls

UPDATE - Gabbi now has a top tooth coming through. 3 1/2 months since her 2 bottom!

So how is everyone lo doing this week. Jacob is doing great he can now take 2-3 steps from the sofa towards me before losing his balance. and can stand alone for about 10secs until he realises and grabs something :rofl:
His 9th and 10th tooth poking out now, so he has 4 on bottom and 6 on top now the 2 new ones are the pointy ones, not giving him any bother yet so been quiet lucky. He is now sleeping 7pm till 7am straight, but i think this is due to him dropping all naps in the day unless we go out and he gets bored lol.
Eating is becoming a problem he refuses everything now more interested in playing than eating...and hates to be fed so its all finger foods at the mo, tried a spoon but it does it backwards and get the food all down him :dohh:
so how is everyone else's doing?? XxxxX

Hi Ema
How fantastic is Jacob doing!!!!! You go boy :) And how many teeth??!!

Gabbi has just got her third coming through, 3 1/2 months after she got her first 2! My sister said my niece didn't get her first till she was almost 14 months old!! She had strong gums! lol

Gabbi has taken 4 steps, BUT I almost forced her, started a few feet away from her dad and she walked!!!! Well she is daddy's girl!!! Luckily I was on Skype with my mum and she saw it!!! :) She stands on her own or leans against something with her thighs. BUT I caught her standing one day, not holding or leaning, she saw me look at put her hand down on the table!!!! No need to try and pretend you can't stand Gabbi, you were caught!!!!!

She's been off her food a little for the last couple of days, so maybe she has more teeth coming through. We are going on a long weekend holiday this weekend, not sure how long, flexible, 4 - 7 days, depending on how much money we're spending!!!! So I'm off buying Hipp jars today, I hope she likes them. She tried one of my friends a few weeks ago, so hopefully she'll be ok. I am also going to look at the buckets and spades they have in the shop :) Got to build sandcastles :happydance: Also going to see if they have anything inflatable. My sister got my niece a type of ring, but it had a seat in it so she couldn't fall through. Not seen anything like that here, but we'll see what's available.

Gabbi went for her check up last week. Her head circ is 42.3 cm. 0.3cm bigger than last month, in fact, her head circ has been 42 cm for the last few months. What do your LO"s head measure??
Her weight ............................ the scales are still broke.
Her length ............................. same as last month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok we did it at home in the end:
She's 10.6 kilos, 600 grams heavier
Her length is 75 cms, 2 cms longer than last month.

if you go off the percentile chart:
Length to age - steady for last 4 months at approx. 85
Weight to age - slowly coming down, she's now 90, but was 93/95 for past6 months, but she is much more active.
Head circumference to age - always been low but coming down and is now 5! I would really like to know if this is ok.
Weight to length - pretty steady, slightly down this month but she's no stop active! lol 90

I don't really pay much attention but it is interesting to see their growth. I use it as more of a record rather than anything to do with the %ages!

Gabbi loves re-arranging furniture, anything that isn't bolted to the floor gets moved, she loves pushing her pram around the garden, good job the dogs are fast movers because she's a dangerous driver, she has a thing about pulling hair, scratching and pulling on her dads hairy legs when standing up (LOL), she has started wanting to hold her spoon, she has an empty one for now, lol, she has started climbing into her rocking chair on her own, scares me when she tries to stand up, (swiftly sat back down!!!) and then sits or rocks in it laughing like she's in an arm chair. So funny. She's still the Queen of Whingeing, but she's my queen of whingeing. She's funny.

Welcome to september mummies and daddies charlie07

Does ur lo have her cereal with cows milk already? Because ive been giving Zane cows milk in his food since 6 months.

Zane still wakes in the night so i give him just normal cows milk then but he still has his ff before bed as part of his routine.

As for food u can give her pretty much anything now and if u feel she can eat more give her more, zanes got almost 10 teeth already so it is easier for him to eat.
Ive noticed u give her alot of fruit, fruit isnt always as healthy as people say as its full of natural sugars and it can cause runny poo if given too much Zane has this problem.

So if her poos are like this u might wana try low the fruit n see how she goes.

I cant suggest any books cuz persoanly ive found they can only give simpy advice and as all our babies are different so its all trial and error and going by how ur lo acts.

Hope what ive said makes sense lol

Hi moomin troll

I've been here a while, just don't get as much time to chat anymore! Gabbi's worth it though :)

The only cereal I have is porridge that a friend brought over, but mums coming soon so getting a shopping list ready for her! lol She has her porridge with full fat cows milk.

She has a cube of fruit at every meal, but it's more juice than anything else, so not a full serving. She has some melon or plum maybe a grape or 2 but she drops more than she eats! Her poops are quite solid at the mo, she gets the odd one that's more runny but then that could also be down to teething! She's quite regular too! :)

Thanks for the info, it's great to read what everyone elses LO is upto, eating, drinking etc. x

from around 5 months when zane didnt have teethi i started him on finger food so hes get used to it n he sucked everything to death lol. have u tried her on solid foods that she can hold n feed herself?

afternoon ladies :wave:

Can you beleive it's going to be september on tuesday and our babies are gonna be 1 :cry: where has the time gone?

Hope evryones doing well :hugs:

Yeah 1 month until H's birthday! I can't BELIEVE IT!! They have now been alive in every month of the year!

im planning zanes party which will be on 26th september. His bday is the 25th but dads at work that day, i cant wait i no ile be crying my eyes out lol.

i cant believe how fast times gone by but i still remeber the pain hahaha

Update on Thomas, I clapped my hands at him earlier and we sat in the lounge and he started doing it on his own, he's now drinking from his sippy cup and someone's (not me) taught him to stick his tongue out lol :p xx

I can't believe he's one a week today :wacko:

zanes just started drinkin from a cup thank god its taken him long enuf lol

its so cute when zane claps his hands he get so excited.

all our babies are doing so well.

zanes goin to be a mardy boy today ive got a docs appointment at 10.40 so to get there on time i have to get him up from his nap a hour early :( or i cud leave him abit longer catch the bus but i might be afew mins late! what a pradicament(sp?) lol

16 days to go till my baby's one, and I feel quite emotional about the whole thing.

Time has gone so quick, even with his reflux and being sick etc.

It's so cute when they clap! :)

24 days till zanes big day, it is unbelieveable how fast the time has gone by but i can still remember the pain lol at 4.18pm on 25th i will crack open a bottle of bubbly lol

24 days till zanes big day, it is unbelieveable how fast the time has gone by but i can still remember the pain lol at 4.18pm on 25th i will crack open a bottle of bubbly lol

I won't be getting up at 4:27am to celebrate lol (unless Elliot decides to wake me up!!)

I still wonder if I will go through this again, quite sad if I don't.

Happy birthday to Lylas_mummy's LO (i presume Lyla!) Hope you have a wonder ful day x

aww yay for clapping. Clever LO's! Ems started doing that a couple of weeks ago and now i only need to say clap hands and she does. Infact she's really come on these past few weeks i'd like to think. She's clapping hands, does a few of the actions to nursery rhymes (rocks herself to row row your boat etc), starting to copy me when i do things she recognises and if she could figure out how to get her right leg out from infront of her she'd be crawling. She does this weird thing with her legs like a squat, bum up in the air and kind of rocks herself.

We're just trying to get presents and her birthday party organise now it's all quite emotional. I go back to work aswell the week before so not only is my baby turning one but i'll be leaving her too :cry:

I am glad I am not the only one getting emotional about their LO's birthday!
I am feeling quite sad in a way because then she is no longer a baby!

Sounds like all your LO's are doing fab!

We have a little walker! She has been taking the odd few steps for a while now but realising that it was faster to crawl, but she is toddling (and falling) all the time now! Another thing that makes her not a baby anymore :sad1:

I have to admit I have gone a tad overboard with her birthday, not just on pressies but decorations! Daisy LOVES balloons so I have got a load of them and a cansiter of hellium and intend on having loads for her to play with! She probably wont even look at her pressies!

We are all going out for an early dinner then home for birthday cake and more present opening!

Happy 1st Birthday Lyla!! :cake:

teehee i mentioned helium cansiters to the OH, he thought i was insane! Balloons aren't the same when they're blown up though they don't float!

:happydance: well done daisy taking your first steps, such a clever girl:hugs:

Happy 1st birthday Lylah :wohoo:

I really can't believe how fast time is flying by, in 3 days it's my birthday and this year won't be spent in hospital :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mati285
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->