September 08 Mummies and Daddies Club

I just refused to feed. Horrible i know but it got to the point jacob would eat at night but screamed in the day (so was back to front :dohh:) so one night jacob woke every hour from 9 till 5 am and i finally gave in.....

Tell you what hold on one min ill pm you a private message i sent a few people that asked how i got him to sleep through see if it will help you :) Someone else that tried it baby slept through after 3 weeks but then again someone else it didnt work for, but worth a shot???

Will PM now :)

XxxX

aw ema jacobs such a clever boy! You must be so proud. i bet people can't beleive it when u tell them he's 7 months old. sounds like he keeps you on your toes.

Emilia won't stand she just flops her knees. I've been starting to get a bit worried about that actually.

Dont worry about it, My HV said its weird he wants to do it at 7months normally its more like 9-10 months babies attempt it :dohh: he's been doing it since 6 months. No people cant believe when i say 7 months but i would like one day im not o the go from morning till night :rofl: XxxX

Thanks Ema!! I am gonna keep with it!! I know she is just doing it out of comfort too. :D

Jack has 3 6oz bottles a day as well as 3 meals. So much easier now he has less bottles and doesn't throw up hardly ever now he is on less milk.

Helena is pretty much doing the same thing as Jacob was.

Wow Jacob is a clever little man Ema!! :D

As for the sippy cups, Max will not drink from it! How did you ladies get your LO to start with the sippy cup?? Ive put water and juice in it..he isnt interested! :dohh: Im worried he isnt drinking enough fluids (silly question...Does milk count???) ive even put water in a bottle and he just looks at me as if im trying to offer him something awful!! :shrug: :dohh: Any hints would be really appreciated! :thumbup:

Thank yoouuu :hugs:

xxx

I offered milk in a sippy cup to get him used to it then introduced juice. I tried about 6 diff juices apple, strawberry etc etc but the only on he loves is red grape juice :shrug: so he has that. But he has the following

6.30am cereal and 4oz milk
10am mid morning snack of biscuit with a bit of fruit and milk in a sippy cup
1pm lunch water in sippy cup
3-4pm 3oz-6oz milk
5-6pm dinner and juice in sippy cup
7pm last bottle then bed

Sometimes in the afternoon he will have a snack depending how much lunch he ate. He just aint interested in bottles anymore screams if i try to give him one :dohh: but ive managed to keep the 3 bottles so far....but he is slowly getting angry with the afternoon one so im glad i got him on a sippy cup cause he will take milk from that :shrug: XxxX

Thanks Ema, I'll try and put some milk in it for him and get him used to the cup first!? :shrug: Whens hes used to that ill introduce juice! :D

Ok plan sorted...i'll let everyone know our progress! :smug:

Xxx

It took about 4 weeks for my LO to actually drink out of her cup and her doidy cup is the only one she will drink out of.

I kept trying 10 parts water with 1 part some sort of fruit juce - she prefers orange. Eventually she took to it. When ever i put milk in it she jus looked at it as if to say 'thats not booby' lol! x

Yeah Helena is hating the juice and water as well. In a bottle or a sippy cup. I am gonna try her milk in the cup though.

You are all doing so well with the sippy cup. I have not tried milk though. If it's water, she plays with the cup! When she puts it in her mouth, she doens't seem to like that it flows out so fast. And finger foods, well, she still thinks they are alien! Not interested at all!

What do you all give as finger foods as I am finding it hard to think of things?

Toast
Fruit
Cucumber

One question you may be able to help with. If I cook some sticks of carrots, can I then freeze them, so defrost them as and when needed?????

Hey Charlie not sure about the carrot stick but for finger food i give

Cooked carrots (but just do them fresh)
Cucumber
Biscuits (baby ones)(same as below)
Rice cakes (you get babies ones with apple in them they say 10months + but as long as your baby can chew and never left unattened there fine :D)
Toast
Bread (he loves bread on its own )
Fruit

XxxX

zanes finger foods are
toast
cucumber
tomotoe
fruit ie apple
chips (once or twice)
fish fingers
rusks
biscuits

even tho he loves finger food he wont eat lumpy food like the stage 2 jars lol and hes also not a fan of cups i even tried milk in one and still nothing

Hi My not so little girl lyla was born on 1st of september, she got her two teeth bang on 7 months and started crawling 4 days later , she can say mamma , dadda and lyli lol , though she prefers saying dadda , shes been sitting up herself for nearly a month and can stand holding on to furniture. :( shes growing up so fast. xxx

Im glad Max isnt the only one putting up a fight with the sippy cup!! :D But we have made progress, ive tried a few different juices as Ema suggested and we've found that the summer fruits juice he seems to like more than others...so im gunna carry on and see how we go!

Ahh bless little Lyla saying 'Lyli'! How sweet!! Are any other babies saying mum,mum and dada? Max can say both but has no clue hes talking to us! :dohh:

xXx

Helena just says Baba. I hope she says Mama first :rofl: I am trying to teach her :D

You missed us :( Liv was born on sept 11th - and she is doing really well, crawling now so I am keeping fit! x

i know what you mean with the sippy cup only got lyla to drink from hers last week ,had been trying for 3 months we tried everything and loads of different cups , she finaly drank from it thanks to her big cousin whos 2 days older lol peer pressure already she seen sophie drinking hers and just did it :) i was chuffed xx

Kathryn will only drink from her sippy cups now, she wont even touch a bottle. She's a very independent girl, she now refuses to eat purees, even if we give her the spoon to feed herself. So we give her:
-banana
-yogurt melts (gerber)
-gerber cheese puff stick things
-gerber oat puffs (the star shaped ones)
-tofu (grandma gave her some and she loved it)

what I find great for foods like banana and soft veggies and stuff is this:
https://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Fresh-Food-Feeder-Pack/dp/tags-on-product/B000GK5XY2
it pushes the food through the mesh when they chew on if making it easy to eat so you don't have to worry about them choking and they can feed themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->