September Clomid Users!

Genesis - I did!! Thank goodness, I was starting to really stress. LOL I've got no hope for good numbers on my progesterone levels... but whatever, if it ends in a :bfp: I don't really care! You get your results back tomorrow right?? FXed for you! :dust:

20yrs- yay for temp rises! We're TWW buddies!

@krissy yay for temp rise!!!! Yes I should get result tomorrow super nervous/excited. I had a dream last night that they were super high levels but it may have been triggered by my stress over having to wait out the weekend lol.

Ugh. I'm a bit confused. So I have recently switched OB's so I know the new place doesn't have me in the system that much yet... So I go to get my bloods taken (CD21) - but ask them first about the late ovulation. One call leads to another and another... finally I talk to one of the doctors who tell me if I had +OPK, then there's no reason to get the blood test done. Just keep having sex EOD until AF shows up or I get a :bfp:.
I guess the big thing I'm confused about is that I was ovulating regularly before clomid (albeit late, just like this month), so why is this the first I'm hearing about not needing the blood work? Anyone else not getting blood drawn?
If this cycle is a bust, I think I'm going to step it up and go to a RE instead of just relying on my OB. Or at least talk to my OB about getting the HCG trigger.

@krissy that is confusing? I'm not sure why they would say no cd 21 bloods even if you do ovulate on your own I would still imagine them wanting to see the numbers to if it was a strong O or how clomid is effecting you. That seems to me like watered down advice. I think you may want to switch docs or talk to your doc personally. If I understood correctly you spoke with a doc but not your doc? I think a second a opinion is definitely needed. I mean pos opks don't guarantee ovulation and you did get your tempt rise but I would still want numbers.

Holy Krissy; I would be a bit angry. I would want my numbers too and still go for blood on CD 21. As for late O'ing I normally O on CD 12/13 --- I was off by a few days and I was told I shouldn't Ovulate until CD 20. Now you have me thinking that I should call an ask if I should have the blood work done sooner. I O'd 5 days sooner than they projected
hummmmmmmmmm

Oh and btw if all is well what day are you testing on? Im currently on 3 DPO

Well, I decided to start lining up my ducks for next month. I have an appointment with an RE on Monday, which should be CD 1 at the earliest (possibly still in the last few days of this cycle depending on what the Clomid does).
I already feel so much less stress knowing that I've got a plan in place no matter what happens.

I see my new OB doc (yes the person I spoke to today isn't my regular) on Friday. It might be too late for blood work then, but we'll have to see how it goes.

Hey y'all! Glad to see this post and be able to get a lot more info on clomid! I've been off birth control for a while now and am still not ovulating, so my OB/GYN has recommended we try clomid. Are all of you using an RE for clomid or is it considered normal to do it with your OB? I know my OB is a little bit new to using clomid so I want to make sure I know all the appropriate steps as far as monitoring... Like bloodwork at day 21, should everyone do an ultrasound to check follicles?
I'll be seeing my OB in 2 days to discuss this more.

Welcome Texas :) As far as I know (and can tell from these boards) - it seems if you go through an OB you usually just get a blood test done ~CD 21 (... unless you're me apparently lol). If you go through an RE, that's when you get a lot more information on other blood work, ultrasounds of follicles, potentially an HCG trigger, etc.

I go through my OB and I don't get cd21 tests every month. We did one month before I started on clomid just to confirm ovulation - but havn't in the months after that. I think relying on the opks and the temp rise is plenty to confirm ovulation!

Sav - Good to know my doc isn't completely crazy then! LOL I thought part of the point of the blood work was to make sure the dosage was right as well :shrug:

Interesting. I ddin't think progesterone levels would tell you very much about the clomid dosage.. but I'm also not a doctor, haha. I had thought, though, that monitoring (which my doc also doesn't do) is the only way to see how your body is reacting to the amount of clomid you're doing.

All in all - it's true, when you're going through an OB rather than an RE it's more "laid back". This is frustrating because part of me WANTS to be monitored and checked and reassured that my body is doing what it should, but at the same time I think there's something to be said with practicing relaxing and "letting go" to try to let the process do what it should. Plus bloodwork and ultrasounds can get expensive so it's also nice to save money where you can.

That said - at a certain point I'll probably decide it's time to be more aggressive and speak up too. How many IUIs have you done?

Hi Everyone! Sorry I've been a little absent. My husband and I are in the process of buying a new house/selling ours- very stressful! Anyways- my DR didn't have me do CD21 bloods either and I was ovulating before Clomid too- maybe that's why? He had me do CD3 and CD10 to see before and after Clomid and said numbers were good so seemed like a responded well. Didn't do very well in the BD department- only BDed the day before I O'ed so we will see. I'm on CD21 now and have some cramping but who knows.
Happy for everyone who got their positive Os this month. Anyone close to testing?

Oh man - buying our house was so stressful! Good luck to you and I hope everything goes smoothly!

I'm only 3dpo (I think. I'm 3dpiui so I'm going to assume dpo) so I have a ways to go yet. Already bored of the wait. haha

Sav - Your OB does IUIs? I thought you'd need an RE for that too. I haven't had any yet... that's probably our next step after trying a round of Clomid with a trigger (unless the RE suggests otherwise).

I'm 3 dpo as well :) LOL But I've never made it past 10 dpo (and only even made it that far once) so if I'm not spotting by the end of this weekend I'll be super excited (and probably testings with ICs)

Yes, they do. I'm not sure if that's geographical..? When I had the "next steps" conversation with my OB she didn't even mention an RE - just straight to clomid and in office IUIs. Like I said, part of me is really happy with this because I'm comfortable with my ob and I think it's a little cheaper - but I'd be lying if I didn't wish I was with someone who SPECIALIZED in this sort of thing from time to time.

Do they have you on progesterone for short lp? Fx crossed you make it through the weekend!!

Does anyone know when we should start testing after clomid, or after O'ing on clomid.??? normally I would be getting my period in 3 days. :( I am already getting cramps. temps are still ok for now, but I think I will have to wait and do a round 2 of clomid, I have been overly stressed this month because of DH and my mother is sick. sigh. Just looking for a bit of hope I suppose.

20years - How long do your LP usually last? Looks like it was ~ 12 days last month? So I would expect you have a ways to go before AF (or probably getting a good test)

Personally, I don't test until I'm a day late on AF. Seeing those bfns really breaks me. But, you can test while taking clomid the same as you would a non-clomid cycle. It's when you have a trigger shot that you have to be careful because you need to make sure it's completely left your body (which can take 10-14 days) before testing.

However, I agree with Krissy - judging by last month's chart it looks like you have a ways to go before AF. Why do you think she's 3 days away?

My cycles are usually only 23 days, :( and today is CD20. I also called the Dr to ask about the blood work for CD25. She told me I would O on CD20, and she was 5 days off. Just making sure it didn't matter. She told me she normally tests on CD23 maybe she is only doing that because she is just making sure I O'd. and even without clomid I ovulate. Sigh... Thanks guys. Yes, my LP is typically only 12 days, maybe the clomid will make it last 14 to give them a fighting chance to nestle in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->