September Sapphires

Uni it IS tough at first. And I'm sure harder with a premie. She probably tires out a little faster. Keep up your water and food and rest when you can, and if you keep trying and pumping the milk will be there. Baby girl will get stronger and more coordinated and the two of you will be champs before you know it.

Caz good luck with your sweep. I've heard it's uncomfortable but not painful.

Hi ladies,

Warning - moan post! Saw the consultant today - she was lovely as always. But she couldn't do the sweep because my cervix was shut. She said it was soft but closed. We spoke through the induction process - as I'm VBAC I can't have some of the meds for induction but they will break my waters then put me on the oxytocin drip. If that doesn't work it will be another emergency section :( not the news I wanted :(

Also she said to be cautious about baby movement - this really scared me.

Finally she said my blood pressure was high after being low always. I have had swelling, purple feet and headaches so she was concerned about preeclampsia.

I am seeing the midwife on Monday so she will try another sweep then and they asked me to ask her to check my blood pressure too.

So all in all its scared me - the movements thing, fear that I will end up with another section and the fact that despite a week of off-on contractions my cervix is still closed :(

Had a proper cry when we got home. Hubbie has been amazingly supportive. x

Oh honey that is disappointing. Try to relax and keep your feet up and have hubby bring you lots to drink. My ob asks a lot about movement as well and reminds me to call if that changes, so maybe that's normal at the end? If you've had low BP until now I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's a one off, probably nerves about the procedure. And a lot can happen over the weekend so I hope you can do the sweep Monday!

Thanks Jess! Feeling more positive this morning. It just feels like I've wished for a vbac and I feel like it's slipping away into another long labour followed by another emergency section. I know I can't control it but I felt so frustrated and gutted yesterday.

Today is a new day :)

How's everyone else? Any exciting developments?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->