September Sapphires

Yay my million hours of googling during insomnia the last few weeks paid off. The natural sweetener stevia increases amniotic fluid. I've got two different drinks that are my go to when I get sick of water or have heartburn, so I checked and sure enough they both have stevia. So relieved to find a cause that is easy to cut out. And with our heat wave last week that totally makes sense.

Wow Mack! I am ashamed of myself for not thinking of that and mentioning it to you. I read weeks ago about stevia increasing fluid. I'm so glad you figured that out. I should start drinking it to up the fluid level.
Good point with the one sonogram lady being off perhaps. We have a regular one who is the best there with 30 years experience. She was off the day we got rushed to hospital for further testing. That lady who filled in for her test results were all off and she measured baby at 4 lb 1 oz. The next day our regular lady got 4 11oz. Whole thing pissed me off really!

So this is very positive. I've got everything crossed for you for the good results.
Caz- could you be Caroline?

Thanks for the well wishes tomorrow. Sure hope you sleep better tonite!

Thanks hopie. I'm so relieved that this means I may not have gd or some other issue. It is safe for baby so I won't have that worry.

Yes the one other time I didn't have my regular us tech they thought I had the chord issue. My reg one even looked back at those scans, just to help compare and decide the chord did look good on her scans, and said she didn't see any issues with the ones that started that fuss.

Fingers crossed we get the best techs from here on out. :)

Mack I'm glad to hear you figured out the thing about the stevia. As evil as google can be, sometimes it's a real help.

They're having me in for NSTs and biophysicals twice a week now, Monday, Thurs. Next week they are going to do another growth scan and blood flow from the placenta. Given what week this is for me and my history, I asked if I could have the blood flow scan moved up to this week but was told insurance wouldn't cover it :( As long as the NSTs look good, there's not considered a medical reason to do the scan a week early. But, it sure would have been nice for my peace of mind. There's still a part of me that doesn't really believe I'll still be pregnant next week, that history will repeat itself. I know it's irrational, but it's hard to see past Friday. Part of me wishes they would admit me to the hospital so I could be on the monitors 24/7. But, so far so good with baby. She passes her NSTs and biophysicals with flying colors. One of the nurses said to me today to make sure I felt movement every hour. I'm not sure I understood her correctly, but I think she was saying that if even one hour went by without feeling her, I should go in. I probably would at this point, I don't need any encouragement to be paranoid lol

On a more positive note, I think I'm going to put the car seat in tomorrow. And I need to buy some newborn diapers.

Hopie - yes I'm Caroline :)

Uni - it's totally rational for you to be nervous. I'm sure baby is doing beautifully! So glad they are seeing you twice weekly - so important to monitor you especially at this stage.

Glad you found the cause of the heartburn Mack. Phew, better late than never! Hope it helps x

Oh uni, Friday will be here before you know it and you are still going to be SO PREGNANT! :hugs: Hang in there, and go in if you need it. Whatever it takes to help you out.

Went shopping last night for my hospital bag. Got me some granny panties, giant pads and travel sized essentials. Woo hoo! Maybe I'll actually have that packed this week as planned. :)

Sorry I have not read any posts fully Ladies. Too busy at the moment because, of parents have arrived and guests seems to be poring in this week to meet us before baby arrives.

But, I promise to be regular soon.

Just wanna confirm, Hopie are you Lisa on fb? Thought I should confirm before adding anyone?

Thanks for the encouragement ladies!! I'm feeling a little optimistic today. Cautiously optimistic. It helps that she's being super active today. As long as I'm getting good kick counts it's easy not to worry. Don't know how I'll sleep the next few days though...

Sweety, you don't have a thing to apologize for. Thanks again for getting the group set up for us <3

Uni- so totally understand..not irrational at all.. it's completely normal. You are doing incredibly great! Yes, so reassuring baby is moving so much. And dr. told me the other week with the tests on baby weekly, years of their research and experience has shown that baby will be healthy and good until the next week. That's why they want me going in every 7 days for another test. I have such incredibly good feelings for you and think that's great you are installing the car seat!

Mack- bet your fluid will be better on Friday. I'll start drinking some stevia drinks. I will never go in again when that other tech is there. Caused such unnecessary worry and hospital rush. I am sure you can just stick with the good tech now too til the end.

Sweety - yes, that is me who friended you! So glad your parents are there and so nice you have so many visitors. Enjoy.

Caz- that was my lucky guess on your name! Did you ever try any labor inducing tips with your son? I'm thinking of trying some soon, as I was told first babies usually go late.

Inviv- all thinking about you and babies and hope you are recovering nicely and getting to spend lots of time with them in hospital.

My visit was good, thank God. Baby grew from 5.7 to 6.2 in a week. Fluid went lower though. 7.2 now and if it goes below 7 it is a concern. So I have to up fluids as sick as they make me.
Strep test was not bad at all.
Going to take a 2nd short babymoon tomorrow to Newport and maybe Boston since I got so sick on other one. Dr. said, as I thought, nothing at all is happening so should be safe. :)

Take good care and stay cool!

Hopie good news about growth.

My fluid went from 28 down to 24. That's pretty good considering I just drank stevia on Monday.

Waiting on the doc now so I'll have to catch up in a bit.

After I posted that about her being so cooperative and moving round lots, wouldn't you know it - I ended up going in that night for reduced fetal movements :dohh: Everything was fine, she just got lined up behind the placenta and I couldn't feel any kicks. It was the OB I didn't like on call. I refused a pelvic exam from her because I'm obviously no where near labor, and I just don't like her. Also, she gave me a pelvic exam just before my loss, so I was worried it would trigger me to have her do it. The nurse was kind of rude too or maybe it was just in my head because of my least favorite OB had me in a bad mood. But, the woman who does the biophysical profile I've met a few times before and she is super sweet. She is just so nice and reassuring and always says exactly the right thing, so that put me back at ease. Everything was fine, but then the OB wouldn't let me go home because my first blood pressure reading had been a little high (uhm yeah? I had just rushed to the hospital for reduced movement duh). So, I was made to sit around and get several normal readings before I could go home which was sort of annoying. Then I had to get up and go into the office this morning for my last "in person" day, so I was super sleepy. But, still glad I went in. Never would have fallen asleep probably otherwise! Tonight, she's being super agreeable fx I have another NST scheduled for tomorrow. :thumbup:

Mack, I'm so glad to hear the fluids doing better! It's great you figured that out about the stevia

Hopie are you thinking drinking stevia sweetened drinks could help boost your fluids? If so, that would be cool.

Uni so glad you got checked out. You can't take any chances and at least baby is fine and moving well. They are cheeky monkeys sometimes.

I was worried the other day about movement but have had loads since. I was so close to calling the hospital but decided to give it a bit of time and it was fine. I'm getting more anxious as the days go on!

We are off to my parents for the night tonight - cinema this afternoon for Ajay with them which will be fun. They are so good with my son and I can rest up. I'm in quite a lot of pain - think baby is engaging. I re read my maternity notes and for the last two appointments the midwife has put that I'm 3/5th engaged so maybe I'm further along now hence the pain!

Hope that means baby is coming soon.

Invivo - hope you're ok and coping with the twins xx

Caz, I'm glad you're getting a chance to rest up!

I had a lot of squiggly movements this morning which I'm hoping was this little girl finally settling in head down.

Hello Ladies,

Finally got time to write something here.
I have been missing all of you alot and wanted to check how everyone was doing?

Uni, It must be so frustrating to wait for so long to get normal readings. But, glad everything is fine now.

Caz, how wonderful of your in-laws to give you little break so you could relax. I sometimes envy ladies whose parents or in-laws stays near by to help them.
Hope the baby is engaged and just few more weeks before baby arrives.

Hopie and Mack, how you two are doing on fluid levels now?

I had appointment today where everything seemed fine except that baby was already 6.18lbs at 34.5&#12354; weeks. Doctor ordered me to keep my weight in limit which I managed to from last two weeks. I have next appointment in 8days to discuss about section. Can't believe it's so so near.

Ok sweety they have very different standards in Japan! Baby is 7lbs, 89% and my ob said she loved big healthy babies!

I haven't gained weight the last few apps, but I'm not as small as you, so it's all baby deciding to put on weight. And my belly feels so massive I barely have room to eat. Yesterday I had toast, an orange, a few bites of hamburger patty that my son didn't finish at lunch and a Few bites chicken and veggies at dinner. I try to eat more and I feel nauseous. Ugh. I think I'm extra tired since I'm not getting much food in. Haven't got my sugar results back yet, but think I'm going to try a fruit and yogurt smoothie today anyway. Maybe I'll feel alive again.

Uni I hate dealing with docs I don't like. Hope baby girl is behaving this weekend?

How is everyone? Super tired here and looking forward to some naps tomorrow.

Thanks Mack, yes she's being super cooperative (knock on wood). I went to an infant care class yesterday at the hospital, and she was so quiet during class I almost thought I was going to have to go straight upstairs afterwards to get checked. But just as class ended she got super active again. The one time it would have been convenient to get checked out, but I didn't need to lol

Sweety, don't let them give you too hard a time about your weight. Some doctors just seem to care about that more than others. And the weight estimates for baby can be off by as much as a pound from what I've heard. Just stay relaxed, I bet you're doing it all perfectly!

In the class, I saw an amazing thing. I am not one to judge other ladies' bumps. But this bump. WOW the woman was so small framed, and the bump looked like... It looked like she had just put a large soccer ball under her shirt. She was wearing a tight shirt, and I could see her bump curved back in at the top, bottom and sides, like it was only connected to the rest of her body by a few inches. It just looked so uncomfortable! Even my DH noticed her and thought it looked painful. I actually felt very worried about her back. The worst part is she wasn't due for two more months o_O I wanted to say something to her, but I figured she probably gets too many comments already so I bit my tongue. But, I really was wondering how she managed, with all the weight out in the front and not supported by her sides or hips. I can't stop thinking about her, wondering how she manages.

Glad everyone is doing well! Mack- hope the sugar results come back today fine.

Uni- that poor lady -- 2 more months for her to go? Maybe she's having twins! My bump was first acknowledged for first time at restaurant.. I am really showing now.. yay! Manager said - 9 1/2 months - wow and put the dessert on the house for us! I can get used to this pregnancy treatment. Only 2 more weeks. :)

Sweety- I agree with Mack. Standards are totally different in Japan..unrealistic really for all so just don't even think about it if dr. mentions your weight.
As for my fluid, hopefully it goes up over 7 at tomorrow's scan but really am having hard time drinking much as it makes me sick. I'm so tired of feeling sick!

Caz- how are you feeling?

Finding lots of baby freebies online today. Target also gives a great baby box if you register with them. I was bad-- I got myself two. :)

Free dessert? Nice!

I'm starting to have contractions, still very irregular. But, they showed up on the NST today for the first time and one of them was very uncomfortable. So, I think maybe things are going to kick off before my induction fx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->