September Sapphires

Wow Uni.. That is so cool contractions showed up on nst and you didn't even feel some of them. Yes, sounds like baby wants to get ready before induction date. When is your next nst?
I go for ultrasound at end of day. Hope fluid went up but I doubt it, as it naturally declines last 2 weeks anyway and my fluid intake is still rough.
Mack- when is your next appt?

Hope everyone is doing well! If appt. goes well, going to take one last day trip tomorrow before baby. :) Have a burst of energy finally, so feel like getting away.

Take good care everyone!

Uni I saw on FB you were sched for the 29th. Yay! Almost there.

Hopie I'm jealous of your energy. I am feeling better today though after having some rest. Need to get some stuff done around the house and think I am actually going to tackle that this afternoon.

Sweety are your parents settled in? Have they been to visit you in Japan before?

How is Caz doing?

AFM-I DID NOT PASS MY SUGAR TEST. Gah. I have to take the 3 hour one tomorrow. Since it was my 2nd 1 hour one, I kinda forgot about it the night before and had more carbs than I should have. My level was 134 when they like to see it 130 or under. 900% sure I'm going to barf during it tomorrow. It's kind of annoying too, I only have 14 days til baby, by they time they get the results back 12 days before, what can really be done? She isn't oversized, and I'm not so high on fluid that it's causing problems. AND the nurse said she's sure since I'm so close I should pass the 3 hour with no problems. I barely held it down the 1 hour tests, really dreading tomorrow. I'm not sure what would even be different if I did have GD this late in the game when baby and I are fine, and I'm already scheduled 4 days before my due date. WHINING here :D :D :D

At least my belly has been feeling a little less huge which I think helped me get decent sleep(4 hours..IN A ROW) the last few nights. My fluid was close to normal at my scan Wednesday, so I'm hoping it will be even better by this Friday when I have my next scan.

Hi ladies,

Sorry for being MIA..... My phone is bust so I'm only on the iPad in the evenings. Rubbish that my phone is bust as I don't have a phone to call hubbie if I go into labour! He is trying to sort the sim out in an old phone so I can make calls. Nightmare!

Uni - awesome that you have contractions! I've had loads of Braxton hicks but they aren't painful really (only a bit) so I can't wait for the real thing. What's your induction date again?

Sweety - awesome that your parents are with you. Are they staying after the birth?

Mack - sorry that you didn't pass the test. It does seem strange to go through it again when the results take so long...... Annoying!

Afm - always busy as summer holidays with the little man. My feet are SO puffy it's gross. Midwife wasn't worried and it's hot here for the Uk anyway so probably normal but I feel huge now. The weight gain doesn't bother me it's the feeling of feeling huge and lethargic and just slow.

Hi caz! It's cooled off here so my feet have calmed down. I hope it eases up for you.

I'm just not sure why I have to do the 3 hour test again when I'm this close. Less than two weeks and nothing is going on with me or baby so I doubt they'd treat it or move up my c section. Sigh. Maybe if I barf on their floor tomorrow I'll feel better. Meanies. :haha:

I don't think I've had any braxton hicks. Any other signs of labor? I hope dh gets your phone soon.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I will try and just node about it in next appointment which is on Tuesday. They will be doing paperwork for section and giving us details.

Uni, I saw your update on fb. Hope everything is going well and you are able to go back home to get your bags and hubby. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Caz and Mack, yes parents have settled down and they will be here till November. So, I will be spoiled alot after baby is born too.

Caz, No phone? It is definitely worrying when we need to contact in emergency. hope hubby sorted it out for you.
Also, having swelling specially in this weather definitely sounds normal. I don't have photo of mine with dd. Felt like elephant at that point but, doc said nothing to worry about.

Mack, I am totally confused and agree with you. What's the point of testing it now when you are going to get results after 12days and are scheduled for induction two days after that. If results came back earlier that makes sense. But, it's seriously is kinda annoying to make you go through it when outcome is not gonna change.

Hopie, glad to know your fluid levels are ok. And definitely a good decision to get away last time on babymoon is best. Wish i can. But, hubby is all no touchy touchy with me for now. Lol.

Hi friends!
Soo exciting about Uni. Uni- we are all thinking of you and baby and hope you are able to post an update soon! :)
Inviv- how are your twins doing this week and how are you feeling?

Sweety - just saw you are sick but feeling bit better today? Are you going to go to the doctor? Lots of chicken soup, hot liquids, honey and vitamin c fruits. Sure hope you are all better soon and glad your parents are there.

Mack- sorry they made you do the longer gd test. I agree- sounds ridiculous. You don't get results back til next week? I bet they will be fine. Hope the gross drink didn't make you sick. Sometimes all these tests and dr. visits...ugh.. I know- better safe than sorry, but still!

Caz- I so hear you with the swelling! Crazy hot here again. I was fine yesterday but this morning woke up to swollen eyes, feet and fingers. Can no longer wear my ring. Guess I should have my blood pressure checked as this came on v. suddenly.
Did you have a birthday? I get a little confused on the fb site! If so, happy birthday!!!!!!!!
Hope you got your phone fixed?

Can't wait to hear more of Uni's news. :)
My scan went well..baby grew to 6 lb 10 oz. :) Said I dropped and baby looks ready to go. Then had to hear how first babies are usually late and they don't want to induce unless absolutely necessary. Going to start doing the bring-on labor tips soon. Fluid still in the low normal range..hopefully it is ok at Tuesday's appt. but fluid normally drops our last 2 weeks anyway.

We had a nice little get-away.. I guess last one before baby. I can't believe it..still doesn't feel real! Look frward to update from Uni and baby and everyone!!

Hopie low normal sounds good to me! Glad you had a good holiday.

Well I did not have GD. Glad and annoyed at the same time. Scan went well and fluid is back to a normal level at 17. Just waiting on doc now for the fun pelvic exam. Baby is still breech so I highly doubt I'm dilated and section should go as scheduled on the 7th. Hard to believe I'm so close to the end. Just one more ob apt next week.

Hope you ladies are enjoying your new littles. I can't wait for more!!

Mack- so glad you don't have gd.. as you thought you didn't. I sure understand being relieved but annoyed!
I can't wait for more babies on here either!! Can't wait to hear how the 3 babies are doing!

Have rather sudden swelling..can't believe what my feet and ankles look like..feel it in face and eyes now too. Guess if it is bad tomorrow I will call dr. in case of pre-e.

Hope to hear from everyone soon!

Mack good news on the gd results. Hope you're hanging on in there.

Uni - how are you getting on?!?!

Invivo - hope the twins are well.

Hopie - oh no on the swelling. Yes def call the dr tomorrow if it's not gone down. What's your blood pressure like?

As for me ive had a mad few days! Thursday evening had five hours of contractions four minutes apart, agony for five hours. We called the hospital and we're all ready to go then they spaced out and stopped! I've now had three days of contractions - exactly like I had with my son. They last a few hours, are agony then stop. Today I've had nothing. It's SO weird! So I think it was false labour but boy has it prepared me for the real thing!

Caz, It must be difficult having random contractions and then suddenly gone like that. But, it definitely is good sign that you are getting closer and closer now.

I had like 5contractions in afternoon and 2-3 now within hour. Thankfully I have appointment tomorrow so gonna ask what's going on.

Caz- it sounds like baby might want to arrive soon. Soo exciting!! It sounds like maybe false labor but you are getting close, you think? When is your next appt?

Sweety- wow- you have had contractions too! Will be interesting to see if doctor thinks you are very close tomorrow. Hope your cold is all better.

Uni- how are you and baby? :) Sure you are enjoying every sweet second. And Inviv too.. Hope your boys are home with you now?

Mack- any signs for you yet?

No contractions. Just a lot of stomach aches, nausea. Swelling was gone the next day - I slept with my feet above heart level and it sure worked. I think it was the chips and pickles I ate-- sodium and humidity maybe. B/pressure is 110/70 so far. Next scan is tomorrow to check on fluid. Luckily baby is still moving around a lot which makes me worry less. Fingers crossed!

Oooh how exciting ladies with your contractions. Sorry it's a pain, but hopefully good practice and baby is around the corner.

Sweety how is your cold? My sinuses are a mess, but I think I'm just so puffy and now my face is even a little swollen. The only time I have fuller lips is when I'm prego.

Glad the swelling is gone. Is your baby head down hopie?
Nothing new for me. Just naps and waiting. Since baby is still breech and I'm high fluid, nothing is coming close to hitting my cervix to start labor. My appt was on Friday and not dilated a bit. My last appt before my section is Thursday. I don't expect anything to change and should go as scheduled next week.

How is everyone?
Mack, you're probably right-- sounds like baby will just go on as scheduled next week. Soo excited for you!
I feel like baby hopie is v. comfortable where he/she is! Baby has been head down since week 28 and last week the tech said, 'this baby is ready to go'! I wish!
They said it is the most looked at baby ever. Another freaking scan today!! Hopefully fluid went up. If it went lower, that would be a reason to induce me soon.
I'll feel better after 5 when appt. is over!

Hoping everyone is feeling good today!

Hopie and Mack, I am all better now. Just some cough but, it's not consistent like before ao, safe to say I am ok. Got medicines from doc.

Hopie, glad to know swelling has eased off. And bubba seems comfortable in mumma's tummy too. Wishing it starts for you soon.

Mack, breech babies sometimes do change at last moment but, in my experience mine was really stubborn and didn't go head down till last. Hope your fluid levels will be ok and baby might surprise you!

Hi ladies <3 :hugs: <3

I'm so bad at keeping up with BnB now. But, I wanted to stop through and say hi! Last night I introduced a pacifier. Wow what a difference. I was always antipacifer, till I saw the recent research that they can reduce SIDS. Between that research and actually being allowed to sleep a few hours, I am now officially very pro-pacifier! lol

My feet are still pillows. I didn't hardly swell at all during pregnancy, but afterwards.... ye gads. I think it's from all the IVs they insisted I take. I tried telling them I'd prefer to just drink water but no one listened to me :p I'm wearing compression socks today, hoping that helps

Yay Uni! I think whatever. Works for you and baby, enjoy some sleep.

I've got a sweep tomorrow with the consultant - really hoping it gets things moving x

Uni I was huge afterwards because of iv as well. And hormones being a mess. I think it took about two weeks to go away so you should be almost there.

Funny, I tried to be pro pacifier. Finn had no part of it and still sucks his thumb at night. His dentist said it's not a big deal until he's 4-5 so hopefully he's given it up by then.

How is little one sleeping and eating? Glad you got some rest.

Had scan, all was great. Waiting on doc now.

Caz, my one and only experience with a sweep is that they are amazingly effective. I hope yours is too! Forgive me if you've already said and I missed it, but are you dialated yet at all?

Mack, that's funny it was Finn who was antipacifer! I'm told I'd never take one either. She is eating good and sleeping well. She sleeps a little too deeply sometimes. But, at least with the jaundice gone she is awake sometimes. But being a preemie she gets over stimulated way too easily and then she's fussy. I spent the previous two nights trying to nurse her only to have her suck maybe three times and fall asleep. But if I'd try to put her down she'd wail. The pacifier was a huge help. I wouldn't mind staying up with her if she was actually eating, but it's hard to be so tired and just watching someone sleep on my nipple =P Also, I was getting scared I'd fall asleep holding her and accidently squish her or drop her or something else terrible like that. So, it's good I got her to sleep in her bassinet finally!

One thing I'm really worried about is I think I'm not really producing enough milk for her. They made me give her formula because of the jaundice + her latch issues due to tongue tie. Both of those have now been resolved but I think it impacted my supply even though I've been trying to pump to keep it up. I know it's probably just hormones, but I feel so awful that we haven't been able to establish our breastfeeding routine yet.

Caz, my one and only experience with a sweep is that they are amazingly effective. I hope yours is too! Forgive me if you've already said and I missed it, but are you dialated yet at all?

Mack, that's funny it was Finn who was antipacifer! I'm told I'd never take one either. She is eating good and sleeping well. She sleeps a little too deeply sometimes. But, at least with the jaundice gone she is awake sometimes. But being a preemie she gets over stimulated way too easily and then she's fussy. I spent the previous two nights trying to nurse her only to have her suck maybe three times and fall asleep. But if I'd try to put her down she'd wail. The pacifier was a huge help. I wouldn't mind staying up with her if she was actually eating, but it's hard to be so tired and just watching someone sleep on my nipple =P Also, I was getting scared I'd fall asleep holding her and accidently squish her or drop her or something else terrible like that. So, it's good I got her to sleep in her bassinet finally!

One thing I'm really worried about is I think I'm not really producing enough milk for her. They made me give her formula because of the jaundice + her latch issues due to tongue tie. Both of those have now been resolved but I think it impacted my supply even though I've been trying to pump to keep it up. I know it's probably just hormones, but I feel so awful that we haven't been able to establish our breastfeeding routine yet.

Hi Uni - no one has checked before so I don't know! Today will be my first examination - in the Uk no one examines you until labour or you're late! Am really nervous about the procedure and the pain but hoping it works!

Re breastfeeding, it does take a while to establish a routine. I breastfed my son for 11 days (which doesn't sound long but felt like 11 million) and my milk only came in on day 4 I remember. Getting the latching right was really tough and we didn't manage it for a variety of reasons. Hang on in there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->