should i be upset or am i being silly?

PepsiChic

mummy of 2 boys!
Reaction score
well my first mothers day went unnoticed, my OH didnt buy a card for me from LO or anything, even though i mentioned it numerous times int he week leading up to it.

today...is my birthday. my first birthday as a mummy...i dont want to get my hopes up, i know its more then likely that my OH hasnt bothered to get me anything from LO. i dotn want presents or anything like that. i just want a card for a keep sake thing. thats ALL. no flowers, nothing not even a cake. i just want a card. thats all i wanted on mothers day too.

*sigh*

i feel a bit upset about it and i feel guilty about feeling upset!

You have every right to be upset, I would be too. Did you speak to your OH about how you were feeling after mothers day?

ohh hun:hugs: jeez if he doesnt even get you a card from lo then im sorry but what a tw*t
its not like they cost alot, but its the thought that counts, if my oh didnt even bother to get a card there would be hell to pay, although im lucky hes not that stupid to not bother lol

really hope you get one:hugs:

eta - happy birthday!!!

Dont feel guilty, I'd be really upset too.

Happy birthday and I really hope DH does get you something special from LO xx

i love my birthday! OH doesn't have a chance to forget it! my birthday is in the summer, so half the year i'm looking forward to christmas, then after christmas it's count down until my birthday :haha:
if he doesn't get you anything from LO i would go mental at him later until he makes it up to you all weekend. :thumbup:

p.s did i mention it is less than 2 months until my birthday :happydance:

i would feel the same. men are fecking twats. mine knows that IF he ever forgets anything (birthdays, xmas etc) i will use my jamie oliver griddle pan on him :haha:

oh hunny you have right to be upset, i would be!!! i would have been on mothers day too so dont feel guilty

happy birthday :flower::flower::flower:

I forgot to say... Happy Birthday!!!! Sorry :blush:

Here have some cake :cake:

i would be fuming!! i even got presents on mothers day from bump! If he has got your nothing again i would let him know how much it hurts you that he obv has not put thought into your birthday to think of getting even a card from Lo

Firstly Happy Birthday. Hope you have a lovely day. Secondly men are notoriously crap at things like this, so I don't let it get to me anymore and I dont expect it. To be honest, the way I see it, it's not really from LO, LO has nothing to do with it, so when you rationalise it this way, it doesn't feel as important. What I did in the past is to give my DS1 some paper and colouring pencils and let him draw me something (even if it is squiggles) and as for the twins, I got some paint, dipped their hands into it and let them loose on some paper, then dated it. This meant alot more to me as it really is from my little ones and it meant that I wasn't upsetting myself and getting down on my birthday. We have plenty of time for our LO's to make/buy us presents - and I'm sure in the future, they will go all out to treat their mummies. Please try not to let it ruin your day.

That's all I wanted... I
Got sod all.. Men, friggin useless!

well OH is still in bed, last night dishes arent done i dont want to do cleaning on my birthday..no doubt i'll have to.

im not crossing my fingers...but hopefully he'll say something before he starts work

Happy Birthday!

honestly, with some of these men, you have to spell it out to them! its rubbish because you want a surprise, but you have to end up telling them in some way or other.

Happy Birthday :)

I hope he gets up outta bed and spoils u for the whole day.

what another poster said about gettin crayons etc and lettin ur LO do a drawing is a fab idea BUT why cant there dads help em with it, why should YOU do it?

also when its HIS birthday, make sure u forget it and treat urself to sumthing nice :)

DH didnt get me a card from LO on my birthday, and I was disappointed too. I said about it to him after and he straight away realised his error. What can I say, Im just hoping that I will get one at Christmas or on my next birthday. Silly bugger xx

You are not being silly in the slightest....BUT, men are poop when it comes to stuff like this...so you are going to have to.... S.P.E.L.L - I.T - O.U.T!!!

I do hope he does it without any encouragement though :hugs:

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY :cake:

Happy birthday sweet woman. Sorry he has been so thoughtless, he needs a wet fish upside his head x

Happy Birthday!!! Unfortunately men do not understand hte whole 'i want a card cause it's my first [insert day] as a mummy'! My OH only remembered to get me a mother's day card becuase he forgot to get me one at Xmas and (being hormonal) got all upset and made a big scene :haha: He wouldn't dare forget now!

If I was you I'd def make some comment! It won't make you sound selfish or petty - he should have been more thoughtful :hugs:

well he got up and said "i have something to show you!"

i actually got excited!...

...till he took me to his office and showed me all the work hes done for his new promotion. which i am very proud of him for dont get me wrong. he said he worked extra hours last night so we could spend some time together today...

that was at 11am..since we walked into that office he hasnt come out and its now 2:30pm and he starts work at 3pm.

so ive done the laundry, cleaned the kitchen, done all (his) the dishes, vacuumed and mopped. *sigh* yey for my birthday. :/

i am however pleased to see all the birthday wishes on here and on facebook too that was really sweet. and my mum and dad sent me a card and my aunty and uncle sent me a card (all my family live in the UK) so that was lovely. and my brother txted me a happy birthday....no word from my sister yet but shes probably at work. and a couple of my closest friends have also forgot its my birthday...

*big sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->