should i be upset or am i being silly?

:hugs: Happy birthday!

I too would be a bit upset, oh forgot mothers day (kinda), we're British living in the us so we (I) got both our mums cards and cards from dd for the English mothers day - I wasn't expecting anything from oh but a "happy mothers day" would have been nice, but nothing and I ended up in tears explaining why to a puzzled oh!

American mothers day comes round and he gets me flowers delivered thinking it was the present that I wanted, it wasn't - all I wanted was a card! And then on the card that came with the flowers it said to mum (LO is too young for me to be mum - should be mummy - damn hormones again!)

So I'm hoping that when he sees what I've got and am doing for fathers day he'll get the idea of having something to keep for when my birthday comes round!

Sorry for the rant but I know exactly how you feel! :cake:

well he got up and said "i have something to show you!"

i actually got excited!...

...till he took me to his office and showed me all the work hes done for his new promotion. which i am very proud of him for dont get me wrong. he said he worked extra hours last night so we could spend some time together today...

that was at 11am..since we walked into that office he hasnt come out and its now 2:30pm and he starts work at 3pm.

so ive done the laundry, cleaned the kitchen, done all (his) the dishes, vacuumed and mopped. *sigh* yey for my birthday. :/

i am however pleased to see all the birthday wishes on here and on facebook too that was really sweet. and my mum and dad sent me a card and my aunty and uncle sent me a card (all my family live in the UK) so that was lovely. and my brother txted me a happy birthday....no word from my sister yet but shes probably at work. and a couple of my closest friends have also forgot its my birthday...

*big sigh*

Oh I am sorry:hugs::hugs:

Has he always done this?

You must be feeling a bit crap right now.

I'd talk to hubby about how hurtful it is.

They are twits sometmes though. Last year my hubby bought me a new cat litter tray for my birthday.

I hoep he suprises you later:hugs:

Id be really upset if ash didnt get me a card. men can be such dicks at times :hugs: I had to keep reminding him dont forget ect..and then he bought me anti wrinkle creams :dohh: nice one lol..

just seen your other post.. :hugs: happy birthday hun.

<3

:hugs: Happy birthday!

I too would be a bit upset, oh forgot mothers day (kinda), we're British living in the us so we (I) got both our mums cards and cards from dd for the English mothers day - I wasn't expecting anything from oh but a "happy mothers day" would have been nice, but nothing and I ended up in tears explaining why to a puzzled oh!

American mothers day comes round and he gets me flowers delivered thinking it was the present that I wanted, it wasn't - all I wanted was a card! And then on the card that came with the flowers it said to mum (LO is too young for me to be mum - should be mummy - damn hormones again!)

So I'm hoping that when he sees what I've got and am doing for fathers day he'll get the idea of having something to keep for when my birthday comes round!

Sorry for the rant but I know exactly how you feel! :cake:

im also British living in America, although my husband is American. :hugs:

Oh I could have written this!! It's my birthday today too and no sight of card, coffee or anything! In actual fact my OH has gone to help a friend in their garden! For my mothers day we had a huge row and he threw my unwritten card on the fire. Now sat here in tears as my 16wk old son had more post than me this morning! I feel very isolated and lonely and don't think my OH gets it.

Happy Birthday, Birthday buddy!

Oh I could have written this!! It's my birthday today too and no sight of card, coffee or anything! In actual fact my OH has gone to help a friend in their garden! For my mothers day we had a huge row and he threw my unwritten card on the fire. Now sat here in tears as my 16wk old son had more post than me this morning! I feel very isolated and lonely and don't think my OH gets it.

Booo to ur OH :(

Happy Birthday tho :hugs:

How did it go when he finished work? I'm hoping the rest of your birthday was nice :flower: My OH tends to not be good with holidays either, it ends up being a chore to remind him and eventually ends up an argument with me storming out of the room and him blaming it all on me. All I ever want is some appreciation and recognition for what I do everyday, is that so much to ask? And guys wonder why so many girls are becoming lesbian..

You better say something. Cause it seems like hes lost in his own little world. I mean, what a jerk to not get you anything for your FIRST Mothers Day. Geeze.

aw hun that sucks big time so not ok!happy birthday!
tell your oh staight out the he is unromantic..that really gets under my oh's skin when i say that and he picks up his game big time =) hope he steps up and makes you feel as special as you are.xxx

Happy Birthday, sweetie! That's crap that he forgot. :nope: I got nothing on Mother's Day either from my OH. He's very sweet and remembers everything, from the date of our first date, to the date we got engaged, everything. But we moved that weekend and the week leading up was so crazed, and he didn't get me a card or anything. I was so hurt. My birthday is in 9 days and I hope I don't get forgotten again. :hugs:

Im sorry your having a crap time too :( *hugs* happy birthday hunny x

as for my night. I sat alone for an hour just sat. by 8pm i decided i was goign to bed and typically he just finished work. i made some dinner, we sat down and ate and i told him how i felt and why i was upset and disappointed.

he came to bed really early at 10pm, with the promise to an early start tomorrow to spend as much time with me as possible....he got up at 9am which is fine...but hes been doing work since he got up. im goign to wait till i get LO down for a nap in about 40 minutes and then ask him if hes done with work.

Happy Birthday hun! My DH also forgot my first Mother's Day and his reason was that he didn't realize that it was his obligation as a DH to do something for me given that LO was still a baby. Also, I was the one working at the time and he said he felt weird spending "my" money on me eh? Men are weird but KNOW that you are a brill mom and they both love you X

so when he got off the computer when Lo woke after his nap, we went out int he pool for a bit then came i and had luncha nd played some video games together..and we've been doing ok...and then his boss called, he promises that he wont be long and he wont be working jst needs to catch up on a few things with his new boss. so ok. hes off talking to boss i cleaning up LO's dinner.

so a good day afterall still wish i had a card though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->