Softcup Users: The Official 2010 Testing Thread!!

Hiya :)

I have a question for softcup users if someone could help me and here is the link:
https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/384419-softcup-diaphragm.html

Great thread btw - love the percentages :)

Grrr as suspected the witch got me today - so onto month 9 (sighs and starts to feel numb)

mushypea, hang in there! so sorry the hag came for you again, FX'ed that month 9 gets you a sticky bean! :hugs:

Well ladies, the stats are up for the month of July, we had an 18% success rate this time around. :thumbup: Here's hoping that we can bump that back up again this month with lots and lots of softcup BFP's! FX'ed and lots of dust to everyone testing this month!

Hey, this is probably a stupid question, but I'm considering trying softcups this month. Is there any chance they kill sperm when they touch them---I picture a lot of fumbling to get it "up there" and killing good sperm. ???

Minne, I don't think that it would be an issue. The actual softcup itself is made of a safe material so it won't matter when the sperm touches it. In terms of them getting crushed or damaged or something, which is what I think you meant from saying about fumbling with it, they are so tiny I don't think that would even be possible? It really is easier than it sounds to get them in, not really a lot of fumbling goes on if you know what you are doing and have practiced a few times in advance. You just kind of slide it up in one smooth motion, scooping everything up against the cervix.

There is a ton of info and tips on the actual softcups thread, it's linked in the first post of this thread. Check it out!

I found it so easy to put in... I just pushed it in a ways and at the end it kind of just got sucked into place.
And yes, I think the sperm are too small to get 'crushed' by it...

awww mushy pea, onto cycle 9 same as me. so sorry she got you too. fx this is lucky for us both.xx

awww mushy pea, onto cycle 9 same as me. so sorry she got you too. fx this is lucky for us both.xx

Honeybee - it sucks doesn't it? So sorry for you :nope: I am starting to believe it may never happen again for me and feel quite cold and numb about it all. But I was glad I spoke to my mum about it - she said it took 2 years of trying to have me (she was 19 when she had me) and 18 months to conceive my first brother - then the other 2 just kind of appeared! We have to keep the faith, stay positive and realise how blessed we will feel when it does eventually happen :happydance:

Take care honeybee - it is nice to know there is someone out there in the same position :hugs:

Honeybee - it sucks doesn't it? So sorry for you :nope: I am starting to believe it may never happen again for me and feel quite cold and numb about it all. But I was glad I spoke to my mum about it - she said it took 2 years of trying to have me (she was 19 when she had me) and 18 months to conceive my first brother - then the other 2 just kind of appeared! We have to keep the faith, stay positive and realise how blessed we will feel when it does eventually happen :happydance:

Take care honeybee - it is nice to know there is someone out there in the same position :hugs:

totally sucks - trying to keep the faith, but wondering if it will ever happen for me.
Thanks hun, take care too. How long are your cycles? your dh has a sa booked for sept doesnt he? mine has he's booked for 8th sept.

Well count me out :( ..........:witch: got me on August 5th, I gotta keep my head up and focus on the things I do have and not on what I don't but it's hard and I just want to scream and yell and throw a fit lol Why won't my body just cooperate with me? I'm only asking it to do something it's made to do :cry:

Sorry to hear that Bella3112. I know how you feel. It isn't easy. The first few months of nothing wasn't so bad. Then it got harder and harder. Last month I expected a negative, so wasn't as upset as the previous months when I'd been thinking it would/should happen.

Try to stay positive. It will happen. It just takes time. When we're trying not to get pregnant most of us are so careful about birth control, so assume that as soon as we stop it just happens. Unfortunately that isn't the case. However it WILL happen:) Good luck.

:dust:Hey honeybee - my cycles are 28 to 35 days long. Yeah my hubbie has a sa about the same time as your other half! So fingers crossed for your OH and mine! Yeah it does totally suck, but we just have to remember healthy couples can take over a year, even with no problems. Look after yourself xxx:hugs:

im out, onto cycle 3 which tends to be the lucky soft cup cycle.

I used the softcup for its intended purpose, for menstrual bleeding, and things did not go as expected. After a few hours, and after moving a certain way, loads of blood poured out of the cup. If I was not wearing a pad, then the undies would have gotten soaked.

Maybe I did not insert it correctly? This worries me because maybe this means I did not insert it correctly for trying to conceive? Then again, the bleeding was heavier than normal, maybe because of taking B50 complex.

I'll have to watch the video again about inserting the Softcup properly.

Videos for how to insert the Softcup Properly:

https://www.softcup.com/video.html

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2drNCv9ac1I

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin