Softcup Users: The Official 2010 Testing Thread!!

I agree with lisaf, every other day is usually good. DH and I try and BD every other day throughout the cycle, and then if we can manage, we also try everyday that I am getting + OPK's and then the day after too, if we have the energy! I have read many places that if DH doesn't have any sperm issues, every other day at the beginning of the cycle and then everyday around your fertile time is a good bet, as 24 hours is usually enough time for him to replenish his supply. If there are any issues, or if you are unsure, then every other day throughout your cycle is the safest bet!

ameganh - to PM somebody, you click on their name and should have some options. I know you have to have a minimal number of posts in order to be allowed certain interactions (this is to prevent spamming and its against the rules to go and just post junk to get past the limits - go answer some questions if you need to get more posts, or even start your own thread with your particular questions... not that I mind answering them here... just telling you how this site works).

You can get a positive OPK up to 2 days before actual ovulation. So taking them today is probably a good idea. Everyone has to weigh the costs of the tests with their own worries/needs.
I know I got a positive OPK last night 2 days earlier than I ever have before, so I'm glad I start early. I use cheap internet tests so I can test 2x a day and only be spending $1 a test or so (plus, the cheap internet tests work better for me than the store brands).

Some girls use the cheap internet OPKs to test multiple times a day, then when it starts getting darker, they whip out the expensive smiley sticks to confirm that its actually positive. A little late for you to try that this cycle, but just an FYI/tip.

oh, and you should use the OPK mid-late morning, not first thing in the morning! That or early evening are the best times to test. Your surge starts in the morning and isn't usually high enough to detect first thing.
Some women test 2x a day, once mid-morning and once early afternoon just to make sure they are covered, but those expensive smileys really add up if you test that frequently.

If you are Oing on Saturday, it would probably be better to BD on Weds and Fri, and if you are up for it then add in Sat too. Oing on Friday, it would be better to do Thurs, Fri, and again Sat! If you O Friday, Saturday could possibly be too late to catch the egg.

When doing an OPK you don't want to use FMU, so I would start either this afternoon, or tomorrow afternoon. Levels tend to surge later in the day so FMU isn't recommended. The darkest OPK's that I get are usually when I test around 4-5 PM, before I've eaten dinner. I generally try to BD everyday that I get a + OPK, but if you are sticking with every other day, then just keep that up until after O.

lisaf I do exactly what you were talking about, use the cheaper internet strips, and then when they look positive, I confirm with a smiley. :thumbup:

I should add that my 11am tests are usually darker than my 5pm tests - everyone is different which is why testing 2x a day can be helpful for some women to find their better surge time.

I agree with sweetpea about the BD timing. Though if your partner hasn't had his sperm tested, going every day could be too much and not giving his body enough time to replenish his sperm (unless you have a lab report proving his sperm are good, then you dont' know if it is or not... it might be fine and you could go every day). Waiting more than 2 days between sex can be bad also.

lisaf I do exactly what you were talking about, use the cheaper internet strips, and then when they look positive, I confirm with a smiley. :thumbup:

:thumbup: I was going to go that route, but the cheap internet strips give me such beautiful dark positives that I figure its a waste of money... I can afford more pregnancy tests and softcups by skipping the smileys! :haha:

I use cheap internet tests so I can test 2x a day and only be spending $1 a test or so (plus, the cheap internet tests work better for me than the store brands).

Some girls use the cheap internet OPKs to test multiple times a day, then when it starts getting darker, they whip out the expensive smiley sticks to confirm that its actually positive. A little late for you to try that this cycle, but just an FYI/tip.
Yeah, the cheap, internet-bought dip-into-cup sticks seem to work better than the expensive, store-bought pee-on-a-stick tests.

:thumbup: I was going to go that route, but the cheap internet strips give me such beautiful dark positives that I figure its a waste of money... I can afford more pregnancy tests and softcups by skipping the smileys! :haha:

Ah yes... I think I would spend my entire paycheck on HPT's if DH wouldn't kill me. Sometimes I feel like I'd rather be able to test that day then put dinner on the table! :haha:

As addicted as I am to HPT's, I am such a miser with my smileys... not sure why? I only use 1-2 per cycle, and only when my IC is a blazing positive. Control freak, much? I guess I just like to see the smiley. :blush:

I almost caved and got the smileys just for that reinforcement, lol. I'm sure if I had used them once, I'd be hooked on seeing the smiley each time but since I've managed to stay away from them, I don't exactly know what I'm missing. Hehehe

I go nuts with the HPTs... it doesn't help that I've gotten some weird results on my ICs... and always around 11dpo or so, then I start spotting and start getting blank tests again *sigh* There are days I've taken 6hpts. I couldn't afford to use anything but ICs, lol. And honestly my ICs are rated at more expensive than the store brands, so I figure a negative on a store brand doesn't rule out the possibility of the line I'm seeing on my IC.
I swear, this time, when I get one of those funky lines, I'm heading to the doctor THAT DAY for a blood draw.
Oh.. and I bought some 10miu/ml tests this cycle... :dohh: Yeah...
My name is Lisa and I'm a POAS addict......

If you always get that weird line, I would go to the doc and see what's up! Can't hurt, right? DH and I were walking around the dollar store the other day, I told him I just wanted to stop in but you know exactly what my hidden agenda was! I had read that the dollar store HPT's are pretty low miu so wanted to get some to try along with my IC's. We were walking around the store and I was on a secret mission looking for those things, and of course they weren't with the meds or the feminine products or anything, they were up at the checkout on those little endcap stands. DH looked at me like I was crazy as I pulled an entire row off the rack and into my basket.

Let's just say there was $10 less in my purse when we left and 10 of the same item in my shopping bag.

sweetpea - PMSL!!!!
That story is awesome. 10? You only bought 10? I order mine online in quantities of 25!! :haha:
I figured the 10miu ones I got were worth a shot, since I got 10 of them for under $3 and paid $2 in shipping.... got them on ebay, hehe.
I have read that the 10miu ones are more likely to give evaps or show a chemical - which some women don't want to know, but I'd really truly like to know for sure that pregnancy is possible for me... so the earlier I know, the sooner I can get bloodwork done before I start spotting etc.

I am still strategizing how to best use them. I feel like I should wait until I get a funny line on the 20miu ones, then dip one of the 10mius in the same urine... if it gets a line too, thats more confirmation, right? hehehe

I would say that's a good plan of action for the 10 miu ones, that way you will def be able to see if it's something, or if the IC's are just being a pain.

You underestimate me... I bought ten of those when I have 35 or so IC's in a box under my side of the bed, some store brand ones that I refuse to use until I see a line on anything else, two digis that I will use only if I see a line on a store brand... along with all my other fertility goodies! What a vicious HPT cycle, eh? :haha: I think if our house caught on fire I'd grab that box and nothing else!

Also, thinking back, I probably would've cleared them out if DH wasn't with me looking totally mortified at me being a crazy HPT creeper! MEN!

hahahahah -- ah, its so nice to have a kindred spirit.
I have my FRERs ready to go if I get a line on the ICs. I contemplated getting the digis to confirm the FRERs (I wanted the ones that tell you how many weeks also). But at this point, I'll be getting the blood test at the doctors as soon as I think I've got a real line. Nothing can beat the beta blood test!

Hello! I have just bought the Instead softcups, starting this cycle with taking BBT and OPK's and also ordered some Pre-Seed I haven't ovulated yet but AF *might* be here at the end of this month, here's to a lucky August!

:dust:

Okay finally some clarity going on in my mind!

I was so excited to open the box once I bought the so-called, “Smiley’s”

It says in the directions to wait at least 4 hours from a previous pee. I waited exactly 4 and 1/2 hours and got a non-smile :(

I guess this is a double edged sword, on one side, I’m bummed I can’t go home and BD, but on the other side, I feel better prepared, info wise, for when I do get that smiley.

My hunny has never had his goods tested. He is however a 25 yr old holistic nutritionist who also owns a gym. I’m hoping all that spinach & exercise is doing him some good in that dept.

So far, we’ve SORTA played by the rules you suggested, SweetPea. Cycle began on Tuesday, we BD’ed Mon (oops!) and Tues. I got a negative smiley today so we are going to skip tonight. I’m hoping for a smiley tomorrow, and will BD if so. If still no smiley tomorrow, we’ll have to BD to keep up the schedule lol.

Good advice on budgeting the smiley and no-smiley tests. I have high hopes for this month, as it is our first time really TTC. But if no luck, I’ll be looking for more next month. And yes THAT would certainly get expensive! Maybe because this is the first round, I’ll go twice a day as you guys suggested some do. I KNOW I am close to O, so I will def. try later today, late tomorrow AM, late tomorrow afternoon, and so on.

Thanks again. Love this site.

Sounds like a good testing schedule to me! Good luck and I hope you get your smiley soon, it's exciting to see the first time! (and second time, and third... LOL!)

If you always get that weird line, I would go to the doc and see what's up! Can't hurt, right? DH and I were walking around the dollar store the other day, I told him I just wanted to stop in but you know exactly what my hidden agenda was! I had read that the dollar store HPT's are pretty low miu so wanted to get some to try along with my IC's. We were walking around the store and I was on a secret mission looking for those things, and of course they weren't with the meds or the feminine products or anything, they were up at the checkout on those little endcap stands. DH looked at me like I was crazy as I pulled an entire row off the rack and into my basket.

Let's just say there was $10 less in my purse when we left and 10 of the same item in my shopping bag.

this is funny but the laidys at the doller store know us verry well because im in or my hubands in every month buying there $1 tests and i useualy get aroung five at a time, lol, the maneger actualy offered me a job one day, i guess she thinks i need it because of how much i spend on pregnancy tests, lol:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->