Softcup Users: The Official 2010 Testing Thread!!

well officially 1-2 dpo now! hoping the soft cups did their job. i used both the soft cups and bd every other did since cd10 including the day of my positive opk and then the next day after!! long 2ww here we come!

i have one soft cup left!! hope it's a lucky one. gonna use it on the day of peak on cbfm. will give you a testing date then sweetpea!!

Damn Af got me.!! On to the next month.. Gna use the softcups for the 3 rd time this upcoming month.. Also gna try preeseed.. Gna baby dance every other day from cd 10.. And use opks.. On my positive day gna bd and 2 days after.. Hoping next month is my month...

FXed for you honeybee!! I'm waiting for O too, have no clue when it's coming!

Sorry the witch came for you Cheri, hate her! Sounds like you have an excellent plan for next cycle, actually your plan sounds a lot like what I've been doing this month, hopefully it works for both of us! :hugs:

I used the softcup for its intended purpose, for menstrual bleeding, and things did not go as expected. After a few hours, and after moving a certain way, loads of blood poured out of the cup. If I was not wearing a pad, then the undies would have gotten soaked.

Maybe I did not insert it correctly? This worries me because maybe this means I did not insert it correctly for trying to conceive? Then again, the bleeding was heavier than normal, maybe because of taking B50 complex.

I'll have to watch the video again about inserting the Softcup properly.

Videos for how to insert the Softcup Properly:

https://www.softcup.com/video.html

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2drNCv9ac1I

Again, I tried to use Softcup for its intended purpose, which is to collect cycle flow, but it seems to be really messy and I prefer pads over Softcup for period flow. :(

Maybe it was because the flow was heavy, but whenever I inserted the Softcup to collect flow, it always "spilled", and if I was not wearing a pad, then the undies would have been soaked. This kept happening.

This worries me that maybe when I use Softcup for TTC, that maybe Softcup is not sitting in correctly after it is inserted. :(

hard to say medicine. never tried to use the soft cup for af. i do know that when i remove the soft cup there seems to be the right extra leftovers inside the cup but i woulnd know how to tell exactly. maybe it goes in the right spot but does get a good seal??

I've used softcups for AF and have never had a problem, and I have a very heavy flow the first two days. If I don't push it back far enough I can kind of feel it when I stand up, so I just push back further behind the pubic bone and haven't had any leakage that way, for AF or after BD.

Did you ever try to feel your cervix through the softcup after you put it in, to make sure that it is in the right spot? Sometimes I do that when I am not 100% sure that it's in right.

OMG OMG OMG OMG, Okay so here it is...... I can't breath. So We used preseed and soft cups this cycle. It says on the O calender that my most fertile time was 7/24- 7/30. we bd' almost everyday that week i think except Monda or something. I started feeling crampies and like leg aches 6DPO, so I tested on 11dpo BFN. I began to gear up for next cycle. Today I woke up with sore boobs but prior to that me and DH bd'd I think yesterday morning and I noticed that my npps were kinda tender, and my insides were sore. I still payed it no mind cause I already had the BFN so I thought I was out. This AM I woke up and BBs were sore all over. Ran some errands came back home DH left ou cause I dnt share the dissappointments with him IDK why but I keep it from him I feel guilty when I get a BFN. I decided hey I have one more test it can only be neg anyway and I can accept that. So I took it......... I wish I knew how to post the pics of the HPT but I dnt. I sent it to my Bestie immediately and asked does she see a line she said I see two lines ones darker that the other. I imediately called DH and ask him to come home. He came and I showed him He also saw two lines. (((((((((((SCREAMS)))))))))) I am a bit worried because I have some serious crampies not horrible but very noticeable. I hope it's not chemical or misscarrage bean please GOD no. I am scared guys but happy at the same time. I was shaking so bad when I seen the BFP that I couldn't write right away I had to calm dn tis was like @ maybe 5:30. I had similar pains with my last son now 14 and it took a lil bit for me to show BFP. Baby Dust to all I will pray for each and everyone of u to get ya gift from GOD.

I've used softcups for AF and have never had a problem, and I have a very heavy flow the first two days. If I don't push it back far enough I can kind of feel it when I stand up, so I just push back further behind the pubic bone and haven't had any leakage that way, for AF or after BD.
Did you ever try to feel your cervix through the softcup after you put it in, to make sure that it is in the right spot? Sometimes I do that when I am not 100% sure that it's in right.
Yeah, maybe I didn't push it back far enough. :( Next time I'll make sure I tried to feel my cervix after putting it in.

First cycle using Softcups & got my BFP. Hope the third time is the charm & this one sticks!!

trying insteads again this month, probably testing around the 22nd.

I'm out, spotting now should be full flow later.
Next test day will be approx sat 4th september, I'll update after ov :)

Deffo on the softcups again, just bought a big box! :flower:

Good luck everyone else still in x

:hugs:dan-o! Glad you are giving the softcups another go, I am sure they will be lucky for you again! Go BFP!

Hi all: I'm new at TTC. Last month we realized we have 7 months before my hunny is off for deployment and TTC is now a top priority. We were a bit late during my last ovulation to properly plan it out, and then I got AF. This month, I really want to get it right. I am on day 2, and my O chart says I am most fertile Fri-Sun.

I was psyched to find this thread, because I don't feel like the syringe method is right for me. I never feel like I do it right and I worry so much about it all leaking out that I think I'm causing a ridiculous amount of unnecessary stress.

I've seen DivaCups for sale at Whole Food's where I grocery shop. Will these work? Any advice on putting them in for the first time? Also, I am pretty petite (4'11" 100 lbs) - any other petites out there use SC's?

TIA!

- A

Some women have used the divacup, but it is deeper so all the 'goods' sit deeper down then when using a SC. Also, SC is flexible so it can kind of mold itself around your cervix, holding the sperm (and preseed or conceive +, if you use it) right against your cervix.

The link on the first thread of this page will direct you to the actual softcups thread, where there is a ton of info to sift through. I am sure that there are posts that other petite women made, and if I remember correctly, most of them did not have a problem at all with using the SC's. They look large when you first open one and look at it, but they are not that bad at all! There is a video earlier in this thread about how to put it in too, if you need a visual.

Also, are you talking about next Fri/Sat being your fertile time? If you are on CD2 right now I don't understand how you would be Oing in two or three days?

Okay, SC's it is! Thanks for the help.

Sorry for confusion...I should have been clearer (guess I'm not as in tune with the TTC lingo as I thought). I am not on day 2 of my cycle. I am on day two of my potential fertile period. I.E. will def. ovulate on Fri/Sat.

To be sure, I just got the clear blue OPK (happy face) kit.

Now if the hunny and I BD'ed last night and the night before, and I want him to be ready to rock on Fri/Sat, does anyone know if we should we take Wed/Thurs off? Ahh this is so insane. I spent so many years trying to NOT get pg. Who wouldn't thought the process to do the opposite would be as, if not more, difficult!

Apologies in advance for mentioning other stuff besides SC's.

- A

ameganh - they say that every other day is best. And you definitely want his sperm in there BEFORE you ovulate for best odds. So if you will ovulate Fri or Sat, make sure you have sex Thurs and Sat at least. If you go every other day, you will definitely be covered.

Lisa - thanks so much. Again, my apologies for straying from SC's. If anyone could tell me how to PM, I would take that route but I couldn't find it anywhere!

Ok so I JUST got the OPK, but from following my own chart, I know that either Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun are my key days for O. I'm off a bit because I had an extremely chaotic month and def. was thrown off my VERY predictable textbook 28 day cycle.

Therefor, should I start the OPK today/tonight? Wait until tomorrow morning? If I get the happy face, then I BD Thurs night and Sat night? If no happy face, I continue using the OPK until I get a happy face? UGH I am so nervous that I'll mess up the OPK & BD timing and miss this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->