• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

Well I started the soy today. Took 100 mgs, plan to take it CD3-7.

Should I start opks earlier? If so when do you recommend? Normally I dont O until CD30.

I'll let you all know how it works out for me.

i only use cheap ovulation strips because of having long cycles. I would reccommend you get on ebay and order about 30 that way you can use lots this month to see whats happening.

I usually do a random one about cd10 just to make sure its light then start around cd 14-15 and do 1 every day till i O. I know it sounds a lot but that way i dont miss it and there only a couple of pound and have not been wrong yet :)
I will say though the month i used soy i had really dark lines around cd 20 - 22 ish and though my god its really worked but they went light again so it was like my body geared up to O but didnt quite make it.

yes let me know how you get on sending lots of :dust:

Can anyone answer my questions or is this a post where you dont like new people?

xxx

soy is taken to help you ovulate.. if you already ovulate then not much reason to take it??

ladies.. im worried because usually im not regular or anything.. but i took soy from cd 2-6 and af came 3 weeks exactly after my last af.. so it was more regular but it was early.. and now im in so much pain.. and the blood is...sorry for tmi nearly black :wacko: its freaking me out... is it from the soy i dunno

soy is taken to help you ovulate.. if you already ovulate then not much reason to take it??

But does it make you hyper ovulate like clomid?

Only every other of my ovulations count because I have a blocked tube and damaged ovary on my left.

xx

if you take soy/clomid when you dont need to you can cause more damage than help.. as far as i know its encourging your oestrogen to go higher to make you ovulate.. if you have more than you need it will just give you cysts..

Can anyone answer my questions or is this a post where you dont like new people?

xxx

hiya i'm studying human biology and just had to learn about the reproductive system and if one side is damaged the other releases an egg every month.

even when both sides are fine it they do not alternate like left side then right side then left side its just completely random

Ooooh okay. I have suffered from cysts in the past but not PCOS. Just on my left side.

I get pains on my left some months and on my right others. So could I not be ovulating from both sides but my egg will never get anywhere because of my blockage.

Thanks for your help girls...

Appreciate the replys... Last thing I want to do it make things worse thats why I asked.

xxx

maybe if its blocked but the body is quite clever you need to speak to your doctor really they can advise you better than anyone on here! things like clomid can be really bad unless taken under supervision my friend took it ended up with 3 empty sacs had a d&c, but it became all infected etc now she has trouble conceiving and has cysts on her ovaries etc

maybe if its blocked but the body is quite clever you need to speak to your doctor really they can advise you better than anyone on here! things like clomid can be really bad unless taken under supervision my friend took it ended up with 3 empty sacs had a d&c, but it became all infected etc now she has trouble conceiving and has cysts on her ovaries etc

I have my follow up for my Lap in December with my gynae consultant so have to wait till then to ask really...

I was just asking general questions to see if anyone can help in the mean time.

My GP is a load of rubbish so no point asking him.

Sorry to have annoyed people by asking.

xxx

I am 100% certain I don't ovulate and any bleeding I do get isn't regular and is fairly light.

Until last Saturday - no pain at all, just loads of clots- probably the lining had built up so much it had to go somewhere !

Anyway I am thinking of doing anything I can to kick start my system as I hace had lods of tests and all hormones are normal.

Is soy worth a try ?? if so how can I know which days to take it on if I don't have a CD1 as such.

So confusing...

thanks ladies

LA2010, Soy needs to be taken at the beginning of the cycle, around CD3-7.
I think you need to bring on AF (parsley tea?) then start Soy:flower:

I am 100% certain I don't ovulate and any bleeding I do get isn't regular and is fairly light.

Until last Saturday - no pain at all, just loads of clots- probably the lining had built up so much it had to go somewhere !

Anyway I am thinking of doing anything I can to kick start my system as I hace had lods of tests and all hormones are normal.

Is soy worth a try ?? if so how can I know which days to take it on if I don't have a CD1 as such.

So confusing...

thanks ladies

I would suggest taking it days 3-7, that seems to be what everyone agrees is best. I would say the next bleed you have count from there as CD1. You could always go to the dr to get something to bring AF on though. Good luck hun. :hugs:

Anyone doing soy notice that it raised your temp? Ive taken it two days now, going to take my third in about an hour and this morning my temp was higher then normal.

I made a poll about Soy Isoflavones based on this topic.

Poll: "https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/387010-soy-isoflavones-poll.html"

I wanted to know the success rate of Soy Isoflavones based on actual numbers. It seems to work for some but not for others. It would be good to know how many it worked for compared to how many it did not work for or how many it made things worse for or how many it did nothing for.

I also made a poll about B-Vitamins, wanting to connect actual numbers to the success rate of B-Vitamins. It works best for some, but not for others, or it may make things worse for some or could do nothing at all for others.

Poll: "https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/387005-b-vitamins-poll.html"

I wanted to compare B-Vitamins to Soy Isoflavones. Each are best used by different people with different problems, so I also wanted to sort out who each are best used by.

Anyone doing soy notice that it raised your temp? Ive taken it two days now, going to take my third in about an hour and this morning my temp was higher then normal.

i have noticed my temp has risen a bit since my mc but not due to soy :shrug:

I got a BFP 1st month on soy isoflavones!

Hi ladies! I just joined this thread a couple of weeks ago because this was my first month using soy. I took soy CD2-6 in increasingly elevated doses (because apparently increasing the dose helps). I took 50mg, 100 mg, 150mg, 150 mg and 200mg the last day. I had been having normal 28-30 day cycles until my past 2 cycles that went all weird on me and were 39 and 44 days. I am not positive but i believe i O'ed around CD 17 this cycle, which is much better. I got my first BFP on aug 6th via a blood test at the doc's office and another positive on the 9th at the doc's because i didn't believe it. Both were blood tests. I believe i am in very early pregnancy, literally a week and a half to two weeks into it. I've yet to get a positive on a HPT urine test though and that is troubling me. Everyone keeps saying 2 positives via blood test is irrefutable but shouldn't my hcg levels be increasing enough to get a positive on a urine test? What do u ladies think?

RhiannonBaby if your unsure then make another apt at the docs but it can take weeks to show up on pregnancy tests.with my 1st it took 3 and half weeks past af to get a BFP.

Hi girlies i took soy on days 3-7 of this cycle for this first time 35 day cycle normally, didnt think it was going to do much good but i got my first high on CBFM today :happydance: a lot early than i was expecting so it must be doing some good

I started taking Soy yesterday, 13 days after the start of my period. I am confused on when you should start? Should I stop taking it?

RhiannonBaby if your unsure then make another apt at the docs but it can take weeks to show up on pregnancy tests.with my 1st it took 3 and half weeks past af to get a BFP.

Hi girlies i took soy on days 3-7 of this cycle for this first time 35 day cycle normally, didnt think it was going to do much good but i got my first high on CBFM today :happydance: a lot early than i was expecting so it must be doing some good

Yay what CD are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"