Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

took mine in the evening, start on low dosage 2-3 tablets and if no affect build up :D good luck xx

Hey girls. Just read through this thread and Im really excited. Congrats to all you who have gotton your bfp!! Im wanting to try it next cycle. Im currently CD35 with no end in site.

For those of you who have longer cycle and later ovulation how much did the soy move your O date up?

I'm joining in on this soy isoflavones thread! This was my first month to try soy. I took it days 2-6 this cycle and am currently on CD22. No preg symptoms yet but i'm hoping it will at least regulate my cycles a bit. I had 28-32 cycles for several months following a miscarriage last august, then all of the sudden my past 2 cycles were 39 and 44 days long!:growlmad: I think i ovulated on CD16 or 17 this cycle. I'm not using OPK's or charting this month, just checking to see what effect the soy will have. I'm hoping for a BFP soon because i'm on month 10 of TTC and i'm starting to become disheartened. :nope:

Hi,

I am on my first Soy cycle, CD 5 today, this is my first cycle of the year too.

I am taking 100mg CD3-5, then 150mg CD 6 & 7...although i was also taking Agnus Castus on CD 3 & 4 as i didn't know i shouldn't take them together.....do you think this cycle is out now? or could we still be in with a chance?.

Also, i have had a banging headache every day, been a bit irritable and feel a bit emotional....are these side effects?, if so does this mean that they could be working?

Thanks x

Soy has not worked for me

CD34 CM has dried up im not getting any at all. Boobs have been so sore since 12th July. Last cycle was 66 days.. I did today though get a positve smiley face on the CB digital OPK & didnt last week. So im praying my body is gearing up for me to ovulate.

I took 200MG of soy on CD3-7 def did not ovulate 14 days after taking it

CD34 CM has dried up im not getting any at all. Boobs have been so sore since 12th July. Last cycle was 66 days.. I did today though get a positve smiley face on the CB digital OPK & didnt last week. So im praying my body is gearing up for me to ovulate.

Do you think it was the dosage? I think the amount you took was a little high. I am by no means an expert but I do recall reading in other threads about the counter effects if you take too much. I am finally able to try this cycle with soy to prepare for a September TTC date. I am planning on doing 120mg for CD 5-9. I have the soy from wal-mart it is 40mg per pill so I will be taking 3 pills at night.

Do you think it was the dosage? I think the amount you took was a little high. I am by no means an expert but I do recall reading in other threads about the counter effects if you take too much. I am finally able to try this cycle with soy to prepare for a September TTC date. I am planning on doing 120mg for CD 5-9. I have the soy from wal-mart it is 40mg per pill so I will be taking 3 pills at night.

No i took 100mg of clomid & was told you double it with the soy

No i took 100mg of clomid & was told you double it with the soy

Wow! I am sorry it did not work for you at that dosage. :hugs: Like I said I am no expert but keep doing your research and find a dosage/combination that works for you.

D~

I took Soy this cycle and the only thing different was that I actually had O pain on the day I o'ed in the afternoon! and we DTD in that morning! so FX
and I always get + OPK's but not REALLY + Opks... but this cycle I did for the first time ever, so im pretty sure my surge was stronger! Other then that nothing different, I plan to take SI next cycle if this cycle dont work out...but a higher dose

i found a link to explain more about isoflavones

https://www.justmommies.com/getting-pregnant/fertility-medications-and-natural-supplements/soy-isoflavones-natural-alternative-t

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/vf/labels/000005HB.pdf

ive just brought some from holland and barratt there big capsules thow and each capsule contains 23mg of isoflavone so i think il take 5 each day from cd3 to cd7 (115mg a day) but im going to spread the dose threw out the day instead of all at once! roll on af !!

Hi girls . . . . do you mind if I join you? :flower:

I'm planning to take soy this month after AF started today :-(

I have a shortish LP with between a week and 4 days of spotting before AF. I have tried B6 but it hasn't really done much. I'm hoping the soy will bring forward my OV (currently around CD19) and strengthen my LP. Fx!!

My OH is working away during OV this cycle . . . (unless it miraculously comes forward to CD14, which would be SO cool!!) So if it messes things up a bit, it won't really matter.

The tablets I have are 100mg, so will prob just take 1 per day, prob on days 3-7.

Am also starting to use my CBFM this month. Does anyone know whether taking soy messes up the estrogen readings on these things???

Good luck and baby dust to all

xxxxxx

I have a shortish LP with between a week and 4 days of spotting before AF. I have tried B6 but it hasn't really done much. I'm hoping the soy will bring forward my OV (currently around CD19) and strengthen my LP. Fx!!

My OH is working away during OV this cycle . . . (unless it miraculously comes forward to CD14, which would be SO cool!!) So if it messes things up a bit, it won't really matter.

The tablets I have are 100mg, so will prob just take 1 per day, prob on days 3-7.

Am also starting to use my CBFM this month. Does anyone know whether taking soy messes up the estrogen readings on these things???

xxxxxx

What is the amount of soy in that tablet? I read on other threads that you have to be specific on the amount of soy in the actual tablet because it may not be 100% of the soy. For example your pill says 100mg of soy but the soy content is only 40mg of that 100mg. Check your label and confirm that the amount you think you are taking is actually 100mg. I am not an expert but I just don't want you led to beleive the composition is more than what it actually is and you do not get the correct composition into your system that you want. I got mine from walmart and they are 40mg of soy so I will be taking 3 on CD5-9.

I have a very short follicular phase... and sometimes do not ovulate. Do you think that this would help?

One doc suggested that I could try clomid, but I think that I am too yound and would like to keep trying naturally for a bit.

I'm intrigued by these soy-isos you guys are talking about. I don't think I have issues ovulating, but I'm not sure. Do you think I should try them?

xxxxxx

What is the amount of soy in that tablet? I read on other threads that you have to be specific on the amount of soy in the actual tablet because it may not be 100% of the soy. For example your pill says 100mg of soy but the soy content is only 40mg of that 100mg. Check your label and confirm that the amount you think you are taking is actually 100mg. I am not an expert but I just don't want you led to beleive the composition is more than what it actually is and you do not get the correct composition into your system that you want. I got mine from walmart and they are 40mg of soy so I will be taking 3 on CD5-9.

Hiya, thanks for the info!

I got them from here https://www.justvitamins.co.uk/products/Soya-Isoflavones-1122.aspx?gclid=CLmEgJPpnKMCFVeX2AodKg0mpA

It does look like the 100mg is actual isoflavone content, derived from 240mg extract . . . is that right?? I can't see anything else on the packet, so hoping the 100mg is the right figure. xxxx

I can absolutely say that Soy worked for me! :) I had proper ov pains in both sides for the first time ever this month taking 150mg on CD 3-8, unfortunately OH was a bit of a tosser and we only BD'd on CD10 so no chance this month x

xxxxxx

Hiya, thanks for the info!

I got them from here https://www.justvitamins.co.uk/products/Soya-Isoflavones-1122.aspx?gclid=CLmEgJPpnKMCFVeX2AodKg0mpA

It does look like the 100mg is actual isoflavone content, derived from 240mg extract . . . is that right?? I can't see anything else on the packet, so hoping the 100mg is the right figure. xxxx

No problem, I know how important it is to get the right dosage. I did not know until I read one of Megg's posts. Like I said I am not an expert, hop over to the other soy thread and talk with Megg. Good luck, I am trying soy this cycle too. I am trying to conceive next month.

Okay girls I have a question... do any of you (who are trying soy) ovulate on your own just late? If so how late, and did the soy actually move your ovulation day up or did it just make it stronger?

Im debating trying the soy as I have a 45 day cycle with ovulation on CD30 but I was able to get pregnant twice ovulating that late, so Im not sure if I should try soy or not. (Once time resulted in my son who is now 2, and the last I miscarried at 8 weeks.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->