Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

think i'm going to let this one pass and not take any for a few months to see if my cycles go back to being 27 - 32 days again. Going for a 21 day progesterone test this cycle as had so much spotting for 3 cycles before. Had a scan and that showed everything was near enough ok, only slightly polystic on ovaries but not sure if that was because i took soy as when had the scan done i'd taken them that cycle.

Why is ttc so frustrating.. maybe i need to try chilling and let nature take its course if its going to happen it will and if not then i'll try other things in a few months time down the line.

I just wanted to let you all know that I got my :bfp:

I took 120 mg of Soy on CD5-7 and 160 mg on CD8-9
It works!!!

You can look at my signature & chart for all the other things I did
:dust:

Attachments

• 2010-12-17_18-16-50_668_edit0.jpg
    2010-12-17_18-16-50_668_edit0.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 5
:wohoo:

another soy success story ... am hoping I'll be posting similar this or next cycle :D

congrats hun :hugs:

congrats liz!:)
i wont be taking soy this cycle as i have blood tests i dont wanna be screwed up :) xx

Has anyone else gained weight since taking SI? I have. 20 pounds in less than 2 weeks. Now I am reading studies that say soy is like poison for the thyroid! I'm pretty concerned and want to know if anyone else has experienced weight gain, thanks!

Has anyone else gained weight since taking SI? I have. 20 pounds in less than 2 weeks. Now I am reading studies that say soy is like poison for the thyroid! I'm pretty concerned and want to know if anyone else has experienced weight gain, thanks!

20 lbs in 2 weeks is very extreme. I would go see your doctor.

congrats liz legend :happydance:

i hope i can say the same for soy in my next cycle too :thumbup:

Congrats Liz! Why do some people take a higher dose of Soy the last 2 days? I've noticed that....

Deni- 20 lbs in 2 weeks is quite a bit, I would definitely go see your doctor. I think when I started taking Clomid a couple years back I believe it made me gain some weight. But I have actually been losing weight if anything during my last 2 cycles on Soy, but I think it's related to something else. But I've never heard of people gaining weight on it, so I don't think it's normal...

I already congratulated on another thread, but congrats again Liz!!! :happydance:

I'm not sure about the weight thing, but I think I read something about it messing with your thyroid. :wacko: I was hoping to learn more about that because I just got put on synthroid, really low dose, and am wondering if it's safe to take soy again next cycle with it?

congratulations liz

i think i have definately put on some weight this month after taking si

Deni~

This is the first I've heard of such. Do you have a link to the study or perhaps the name of the institution that conducted it? I'd like to do additional research on it and see where they got their findings before I make such a conclusion.

Also keep in mind that Soy comes in many forms and if you have thyroid issues soybeans can cause problems. If you have thyroid issues or have not had your thyroid checked you should seek medical advice before starting any type of supplement.

People take soy in the form of protein powders, milk, food etc. The dosage in Soy Isoflavones which is what the ladies are taking here for 5 days of thier cycle are not on the level of soy that one has in the form of food or drink on a daily basis.

D~

Congrats Liz! Why do some people take a higher dose of Soy the last 2 days? I've noticed that....

I'm not sure what the logic is behind the increasing dose of SI.. but I remember when I was researching SI in the forums, I noticed quite a few did that so I did it too :flower:

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to the boards, and brand new to this very informative thread! I just wanted to chime in that I decided to start Soy too this month. I had a m/c in January (got pregnant quickly), and now it's been almost a year and I can't seem to get so lucky again.

I do ovulate every month, but since the m/c it's anytime between day 11-18, randomly(I chart with BBT & OPK). My LP is also 11-12 days, it used to always be 15 days pre-m/c. So I'm trying to get it back to where it was, and regulate ovulation. Since I do O each month and it's my first month on Soy, I'm starting small. Just doing 80 mgs each day, days 3-7. I'm on day 2 right now, so fingers crossed!

I did have a headache last night, and some stomach cramps. No major side effects yet though. Good luck ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->