Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

Hi Ladies

I posted on this thread a while back, thought I'd update on how the 'soy cycle' went.

My cycles have been long since coming off BC in July (36,32,44!!!) So took soy and it reduced it to 30 days and gave me an increased LP of 13 days (was prev 12 days).

Not using it for the next few months as we wont be really trying.

Oh and another thing to mention I have recently been going for acupuncture so dunno if soy and acupuncture are jointly responsible for my shortest cyle post BCP.

Anyways wishing all you soy ladies the very best for you :bfp:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

:wave: jamie :hugs: sorry about your mc :cry:

good luck with the soy, i took 80mg and it did work and made me Ov, my cycles are major irregular though, but i hope it sorts you out :hugs:

Congrats Liz! Why do some people take a higher dose of Soy the last 2 days? I've noticed that....

I'm not sure what the logic is behind the increasing dose of SI.. but I remember when I was researching SI in the forums, I noticed quite a few did that so I did it too :flower:

It's my understanding that they try and do it to mimic what the body does naturally and apparently there is a gradual increase over those days.

:wave: jamie :hugs: sorry about your mc :cry:

good luck with the soy, i took 80mg and it did work and made me Ov, my cycles are major irregular though, but i hope it sorts you out :hugs:

Thanks dandy! I'm glad to hear that soy made you Ov! I was hesitant to start taking it, as it seems like most ladies who take it don't Ov at all, or have more erratic cycles than mine. But I do like the idea of having a stronger Ov, so that's my hope w/taking it! Plus - I sort of ran out of ideas. Trying to give myself some hope. ;)

Baby dust to all!

Hi ladies.. Well, I took my last day of Soy yesterday. Today I am on CD8 and the waiting game begins for OV to happen. I will start POA on CD10 twice a day because I don't want to miss OV day. Although my last cycle (1st cycle on Soy), I had very strong OV pains, it hurt to even walk. It was wonderful, especially since I had got my 1st BFP on soy, which some of you know ended in MC. I really hope I get a BFP this cycle again, and that little beanie sticks... please please please!!!! Good Luck to everyone.

So I don't think I will take soy again!!! I took it this past month and for the first time I didn't ovulate :( Normally I would have by now as my cycles are super short (LP too short - was hoping to lengthen it) but instead I haven't OV at all!! sniff! xx

:hugs: sun, hope it happens soon for you

im really really wanting to get preg this new year, the longer i have to try the more stressed im going to be :cry:

For those of you drinking Grapefruit Juice-

I got Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice, I guess it's 30% juice. DH thinks I got the wrong kind. What kind am I supposed to get? I have never bought it before for anything, so I wasn't sure. Also, I am not sure when I am supposed to start drinking it..

um, i bought pink grapefruit juice :shrug: but i dunno what you are supposed to get :shrug: i found my cm around Ov to be heaps, start drinking it before you Ov, so that your cm is as fertile as possible :thumbup: I had a glass a day, but i might try and have a bit more this time

Hey blondie,I get the the Simply Grapefruit juice, which is 100% grapefruit and not from concentrate. I get it at Wal-Mart in the chilled section.

Sorry to those of you whose cycles have been messed up by soy.

I was swearing by it but now I'm confused. My LP is always 13 or 14 days but yesterday at 11dpo I started spotting, continuing today! :( I except AF tomorrow, 2 days early! I'm wondering if the soy shortened my LP? It didn't last month, but something is definitly shortening it.

The soy did bring my ov forward though. I just don't know what to do.

Good luck everyone!

thats still not a bad LP length Allie, if it was going under 10dpo then maybe i would worry more

I hope it doesnt stuff up mine this round, else ill be going bak to the smaller dose i was on last time

:hugs: sun, hope it happens soon for you

im really really wanting to get preg this new year, the longer i have to try the more stressed im going to be :cry:

When I was TTC #1 (which took a long time) I would get more and more stressed each month. I was just lucky that I had a very time consuming job that took lots of my attention otherwise TTC would have taken over my life completely :wacko: Lots and lots of baby dust to you - everything crossed for a New Years BFP!! :hugs:

so let me just ask the seasoned ladies a Q-
what side effects did you have??? i think im going crazy...but i cant decide if its they soy, or if its all in my head...:shrug: im an emotional wreck (which very well could be because witch came...devistated this time round) and i flipped out on OH yesterday BIG TIME. Im also burning up which i heard was a side effect, so ive been taking it at night...but i wake up stripped out of my PJ's out from under the covers from sweating it out!!! normal or not???

:shrug:

i know i got very emotional around Ov last time, due to the soy i think :shrug: but it could just be the stress making you emotional too :shrug: sorry not sure on the sweating, hot flashes are a side effect of soy, maybe thats what your experiencing

i sure hope so, i can deal with a couple more days of it, but honestly if i had to take this stuff all the time and that was the side effect, i'd be tossing it down the toilet unless my GYN told me to take it! :p

you gyn will prob put you on clomid if you are not ovulating regularly, it has side effects also, cant remember them off the top of my head

af got me this morning dont think i will take soy again this month as af is 3 days late

what side effects did you have??? i think im going crazy...but i cant decide if its they soy, or if its all in my head...:shrug: im an emotional wreck (which very well could be because witch came...devistated this time round) and i flipped out on OH yesterday BIG TIME. Im also burning up which i heard was a side effect, so ive been taking it at night...but i wake up stripped out of my PJ's out from under the covers from sweating it out!!! normal or not???

I'm not seasoned by any means - this is my first soy cycle! But I did research it a ton before taking it, and being extra hot was a side effect I saw a lot of ladies experiencing. So far with 3 days in, I'm having stomach cramps & headaches, but minor enough that I'm still taking it.

Grapefruit Juice...something new for me to add to my shopping list! I will break out & get cold sores, but that's okay if it helps, haha.

I'm not seasoned by any means - this is my first soy cycle! But I did research it a ton before taking it, and being extra hot was a side effect I saw a lot of ladies experiencing. So far with 3 days in, I'm having stomach cramps & headaches, but minor enough that I'm still taking it.

Grapefruit Juice...something new for me to add to my shopping list! I will break out & get cold sores, but that's okay if it helps, haha.

JamiePGH~

If the GF Juice bothers you, try carrots. I like raw baby carrots and they are supposed to help with the CM.

Good Luck!

D~

For those of you drinking Grapefruit Juice-

I got Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice, I guess it's 30% juice. DH thinks I got the wrong kind. What kind am I supposed to get? I have never bought it before for anything, so I wasn't sure. Also, I am not sure when I am supposed to start drinking it..

Sounds like you got the cocktail version. Ocean Spray makes a 100% version and its in the Juice aisle at Wal-Mart for about $2.00 a bottle. It comes in pink and regular. I prefer the pink it seems a little sweeter.

D~

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->