Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

Not sure if its this thread or other soy thread that it shows you who got their bfp's and what cd they took it, gonna have a nosy now x

Afternoon ladies-

welcome Vicvicx, I'm sorry for your loss and hope that this is YOUR month!

Poppy- yeah for starting Soy

me- im 9dpo no symptoms at all except that AF like cramping I got on 6 and 7dpo I actually tested this morning just b/c my midwife suggested I test early and get a progesterone test asap if it's + but it was a BFN.... I know im not out yet as 9dpo is pretty early but still I somehow just don't feel like this is my month.... :(

Last cycle I started spotting right before bed on 9dpo so if I can make it thru the day tomorrow w/o bleeding it'll at least mean a better LP....

Hey Erica i agree 9dpo is still early and implantation can be anywhere between 6-10dpo... so fx for you xx

Thanks Poppy Im in an ok good place right now where I feel like Im not going to be devastated (like usual) if/when it's a BFN...

We're having our neighbors over for dinner tonight so that should be fun and then just hanging out tomorrow hopefully AF and her evil cousing spotting stay AWAY :)

Hey Erica92 - thanks and hopefully!!

9 dpo is early but what I would say is when i got my BFP, I was convinced i was getting :witch: as I had all the symptoms and knew for sure I couldn't be pregnant and lo n behold I got a BFP that moth so fx'd for you :winkwink: x

Thanks guys- it's funny I posted that I was ok with not getting a bfp then fell asleep on the couch and had a dream that i DID get a bfp.... (aren't dreams wonderful!!!)

Im going to wait and test again on Monday if the evil witch hasn't found me-

Thanks I appreciate the words of encouragement-- hopefully it's just too early, it was only an IC so we'll see what Monday brings.....

So count me out- Temps down this morning and pink when I wipe :( Worst of all it means ANOTHER 9 day lp. DEF can't get pg with that short of an LP.....

I think we're done trying- Im putting my thermometer in the drawer throwing out the leftover OPK's and moving on-- Definitely feeling sad this morning but Im sure I'll be better tomorrow and better in the long run not to be consumed by ttc.

I'll keep checking in and cheering you all on!

:flower: Erica. How long have you been TTC?

That first day is always the hardest :nope: please don't give up. Can your Doctor not help you with the LP issue :shrug: Maybe a month or two off 'actively trying' will help you? I wish I knew a really good answer for you......:cry:
Meant to say...have you tried VIT B6? I am sure you probably already have but I tried it this month and Ov'd on CD10 not sure of that is the definite reason for O'ing earlier but previously O'ing anywhere between 14-19 on 26-30 day cycles. Just a thought.

Thanks Glowstar- I actually haven't tried B6 I have heard or it helping short LP issues but also heard of it delaying O (though seems like it moved it up for you that rocks!) and since I tend to O on the later side I was weary of trying it. I know I prob could call my midwife and go on progesterone suppositories after I O or could try clomid to maybe have a stronger ovulation and thus longer LP (which is actually what I was hoping the Soy would do).

I don't know- My quick history since I don't think I ever gave it..... I was annovulatory when I first came off the pill 5 years ago after DH and I got married and we went thru over a year of IF treatments and were finally succesful with IVF and had our twins. DH is fine with being done but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have another but we'll never go down the IF road again b/c it was so much $$$$$$ and time and heartache. We have been trying for the past 7 months but only 4/5 actively trying (i.e timed bding, charting, etc...)

And you're right CD1 is always the WORST so maybe I'll feel differently in a few days-- But right now im just kind of done with waiting to O stressing over BDing and temps, and then the 2ww and being dissapointed especially since my body obviously isn't doing what it should be doing (i.e the short LP).

I am VERY lucky to have the kids that we have and while I love the idea of another baby it just might not be in the cards for us so I think I need to just come to terms with it and move on-

But Im still here keeping my fx for all of you guys

Wow! you have been through a lot Erica.....glad you have your twins :baby:

I suppose only you will know when enough is enough but 4-5 months isn't really a long time. Like you say you may feel differently tomorrow. I haven't been through what you have and have two teen daughters, TTC my third.

I try and plan what I will do next cycle before the one I am on even ends...I find it strangely comforting and it cushions the blow of AF. I suppose it's different living in the states because Clomid and Progesterone must cost you $$$$$ :nope:

I hope whatever you decide that you will stick with us :hugs: and hope in a couple of days you'll feel better :flower:

Och Erica sorry to hear you are feeling so low today :hugs:

Sounds like you have been through the mill and like Glowstar said, only you will know when you have had enough. So many people have said as soon as you stop trying it will happen! If you do decide to have rest from all the stressing then I hope you can prove them right :friends: x

Thanks guys I spend the morning and a portion of the afternoon sulking and feeling depressed but now Im feeling much more upbeat and I AM going to try the B vitamins. Bought a B100 vitamin and started taking them today!

Now my big question is should I do the B vit AND soy or just stick with the B vit?

Glad you are feeling better Erica :hugs: I took them both together, did Soy CD2-6 and the Vit B6 but I only took 30miu :shrug: was a bit scared to dabble any higher than that, there are some threads on here about it so maybe a search will give you a better ball park figure of what to take :winkwink:

I did find a GREAT B vitamin thread on this same site and lots of ladies with lots of info so Im diving in and taking a B100 since my LP is SO CRAPTASTIC.... now I just can't decide if I should take the soy in addition or leave well enough alone and just do the B Vit.....

any suggestions?

Take it too sweetie only supplements and another lady on my thread took both togethor :thumbup:

I start Soy tonight bit scary cos ive only taken it once and i mc'd, but doing it on cd3-7 for stronger egg oppose to cd2-6 for more eggs... x

Erica, I am sure I have read of people taking them together and can't see it doing any harm :shrug:

Poppy, good luck with the soy :winkwink: I did 3-7 last time and BFN so thought I'd mix it up and try 2-6 this time...hey whatever works right :haha:

I am a bit worried today as had a temp drop this morning almost below coverline :shrug: been cramping on right ovary this morning and backache on right side. The cramping is less specific now and more of a low dull ache...makes me wonder if I have def ov'd now :wacko: hope temp creeps back up again tomorrow. I did a test on FF and if temp had been a smidge lower than this mornings it wiped out my OV :wacko: not been using OPK's as thought that was it but might POAS when I get home just in case and BD again tonight...just in case. I am actually boring myself analysing everything so much :blush::haha::haha:

Glowstar it could well be your implantation dip... i know they say between 6dpo-10dpo.. but they also say it can on odd occassions go 2 days either side too 4dpo or 12dpo :thumbup:

Thanks for the input ladies!

Poppy- yeah on starting Soy tonight~ We'll be cycle buddies as Im CD2 and will start my soy tomorrow!

Glowstar I agre with poppy re: the implantation dip. hoping that's what your temp dip is and it SHOOTS back up tomorrow!

My period is def WAY heavier than usual! guess that means the soy helped my lining last time with more estrogen etc.... now if only I can fix my LP Maybe just MAYBE an egg could implant---

Wooohooooo we can ss togethor :haha: yes fx B vit sorts your LP out :hugs:

Thanks I talked with a naturopath that my midwife reccomended and she gave me the go ahead to take the soy and the Bvits (somehow I just felt better having a 2nd opinion). So starting the soy tomorrow. I think Im going to gradually increase my dose this time and do

What do you think? What dose are you taking Poppy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->