Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

Thanks Glowstar! I hope they work too!

happyshopper - well I hope you get that bfp this cycle!!

Okay - so I bought some soy today... it's "natural brand" called soy isoflavone concentrate...the side says each capsule contains 50 mg soy isoflavone concentrate (supplying 17mg soy isoflavones, 17% genistein and genistin from soybeans, glycine max).... What on earth does this mean? Does this really mean I'd have to take like over 5 pills to get 100mg?

I'm on CD 12 and no sign of ovulation for me yet according to my CBFM. I usually had 26 day cycle until last month which was 46 days. I took soy iso CD5-9.

Dying to get a high on my CBFM !! Starting to worry now.

Hope all you lovely ladies get your BFP soon !!

xx

looks like a few of us in the heartbroken boat. we ttc for 12 months, was the 12th cycle we got the bfp but lost bubs at 12w1d, so cruel. Cos of my age we are aware my eggs are rather old hence my trying soy to give me a stronger eggy. i think it did something as I hd never had such a strong positive on my opk's before but now not sure if it actually delayed my O etc.

I wonder if an OPK that detected such a strong surge could have done so 4 days before O?

i dont THINK it would have delayed it if you had the surge... i Ov'd earlier from soy, personally. but its just improving your egg quality, not your surge..so i dont believe your surge would have been strong enough to show up 4 days before ovulation.

Thanks so much Poppy, its amazing how many women have endometriosos, have you ever had it return? Its amazing if you haven't.

MissyMoo I too had low on my CBFM this morning (day 12). Normally ovulate between day 14 and 17. Was hoping for a high reading today. Maybe the soy will delay me too. I hate when I ovulate the days I'm working as I do 14 hr shifts x3 a week (Nurse), leaves me exhausted when I get home particularly if I'm working another shift the next morning! Looks like that may happen for me this month. Poo

Miss C, I like your way of expressing yourself, pink snot, hope you it full force soon.

Wonder how many BFP's there will be this month. Can hardly wait to find out. :baby: :thumbup:

Okay - so I bought some soy today... it's "natural brand" called soy isoflavone concentrate...the side says each capsule contains 50 mg soy isoflavone concentrate (supplying 17mg soy isoflavones, 17% genistein and genistin from soybeans, glycine max).... What on earth does this mean? Does this really mean I'd have to take like over 5 pills to get 100mg?

If its only got 17mg's of soy you will have to work out how much your taking daily :thumbup:

Kimmy no mine hasnt returned xx

yup pink snot has turned into full flow, witchy is here, she better do a good jb cleaming up in there, ziggy needs it be ready for when he she comes back this cycle - pma pma pma - cd1 sucks, cd2 is worse but by Friday I will feel better I know I will, pma pma pma - struggling a bit tiday, af just feels like the mc is happening all over again and it;s just still too raw for me to see it nay other way right now.

Anywhoo now that I "officially" have another cycle I have done a good study of my chart and I O'd 2 days later than normal and my LP was 1 day longer than normal, not too shabby for first cyle on soy and first after the miscarriage compared to a lot of stories I have read.

Missy don't stress about no high yet, the soy is doing it's job of helping to make a bigger fatter juicier super powered whopper of an egg, if your cycles were regular before you may find you O just a tad later. Most things I hve read say you will O approx 6 days after last dose so if you normally O on cd14 it may be cd15 or cd16 if you did cd3-7 or cd4-8 hope this eases your mind somewhat.

Miss C sorry witch got you :hugs::kiss:, but like you said hope it gives you a good clear out, i hated my first af last cycle cos it took me back also to the MC :cry: but on a brighter note it was really red in colour and i was told if its red its a healthy lining coming away oppose to dark brownish yucky stuff :thumbup:

Sorry to hear the witch got you miss_c.

I took my soy CD 5-9 and I'm CD12 now. Hope I ovulate soon !!

What days will you be taking soy this cycle?

xx

Sorry to hear the witch got you miss_c.

I took my soy CD 5-9 and I'm CD12 now. Hope I ovulate soon !!

What days will you be taking soy this cycle?

xx

Sorry the evil witch got you MissC :hugs: on to another cycle of hope...FX'd for you :winkwink:

8DPO here and had a huge temp rise this morning...not sure if it means anything :shrug: only time will tell.....aggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh I hate the TWW :growlmad:

If its only got 17mg's of soy you will have to work out how much your taking daily :thumbup:

So are you thinking it really only has 17mg of soy in it?... it says it contains 50mg soy isoflavone concentrate... but there's a big difference cuz with 50mg I'd only have to take 2 to get to 100mg but with 17 I'd have to take like 6!! That seems like alot to me...

Its not pure Soy its only got 17mg's in each tablet, over in the UK some ladies have bought Holland and Barretts which only have 23mg's of Soy meaning they've had to take quite a few tablets :shrug: This is the problem if you cant find some that only have Soy in your taking more tablets sadly x consentrated means its got something else in with it i.e the other ingredients x

Hmm interesting... it's the only place that has them here so it's gotta work! Do you think a smaller dose would do anything? Like if I started with 3 pills - 51mg?

If you take 51mg of Soy thats only equal to 25.5 of Clomid... users of Clomid start at 50mg's :wacko: you could gradually work dosage up x

I just feel like if I'm taking 6 of these things that seems like alot! If only there was some way to take the soy out and just eat that!

Well just take 3 daily then last 2 days up dosage?

Ya maybe I'll try 3 daily for 3 days and on the last two days take 5... that would bring it up to 85mg on the last 2 days...

Yeah you'll get use to taking them, many take 4 or 5 tabs just depends where you get them from x

It's funny cuz I'm already taking some other pills... DH said he's gonna get me one of those pill cases like his grandma has... hah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->