Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

Jen- CONGRATS on your BFP !!!!!

Glowstar- I DEF see a line, test again in the morning and keep us posted. I've got fingers and toes crossed for you!!!!

Well another temp drop for me today, never had the same temp so many times it's like piggin groundhog day!.....but I caved and tested. My usual LP is 13/14 days long and CD12 feel AF'y. Anyway had a load of IC's sitting and on a whim with god knows what pee of the day I POAS!! I kind of thought I saw a shadow but realised it was my imagination I went for a lie down...and got up around 7pm (2 1/2 hrs later) and POAS again!!! glutten for punishment me I put the IC back in the packet and went for a walk with the dog. I actually forgot about it and then 2 hours later went back to look...so waaaaaaaaaaaay after the time limit and this is what I got I think it's an evap personally and NOT excited. OH could just about see it....it's a screen tilter.....if nothing else it makes a change not to see a completely snow white HPT!!

[IMG]https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h457/glowstar71/Photo0283.jpg[/IMG]

7. What's an evaporation line? Evaporation ("evap") lines result with the test's antibody strip just looks slightly different than the space around it. There is a line of antibodies (usually made from mouse cells) in the Control and Test section. The Control line binds with any liquid and turns pink (or blue, in tests using blue dye.) The Test/Result line turns pink only if pregnancy hormone is detected. If not, the moisture passes over this strip and does not turn pink. It may, however, become more visible when the light hits the moisture on the strip-- it may appear gray, colorless, like a "dent" in the test, or like a "ghost line." It may appear at any time-- as soon as the urine hits it, after a few minutes as the test absorbs the moisture, or after the 10-minute time limit. It may appear when the test is drying, or after it has dried. It may disappear as the test is drying, or after the test has dried, or not disappear at all.

The simple fact is that there is always "something there" that is slightly visible-- it's simply the antibodies on the test that would turn pink in the presence of hCG. When the test becomes wet, or as it dries, or after it dries, the antibody strip may become more visible. Therefore, all tests may have them. It is not a defect; it's just how tests are made.

A real positive is identified by its color (pink or blue, whatever the color of the test's dye is) and its appearance within 10 minutes of urinating on the stick. A line that appears after 10 minutes, regardless of color, must be considered an evap line and is caused by the test's chemicals changing. HPT's are rapid assay diagnostics, which means any results appearing after the "rapid" time limit of 10 minutes are invalid.

was there any color to the line before the 10 min time? how about after, because an evap never has color.... i sooooo hope this is it for you! i am SO excited!

Well tested this am with FMU and completely BFN :shrug: temps have gone up slightly but it must have been an evap line :shrug: def feel the witch knocking at my snatch door :wacko:

I had always heard that evap lines don't have any colour in them. A shadowy line is usually an evap line but that one has colour in it! I've also heard that fmu is a bit of a myth and that hcg levels are actually higher as you go through the day. Try doing another one this afternoon!!! xoxo

Wow big, big congratulations Jen, I'm so happy for you. I must get some of these herbs xxx

Congratulations Jen, You must be ecstatic!

Quick question: I'm about to start taking SI this cycle but I have read you should use pre seed too, is this essential?

Hi Lisa, not as far as I was aware. It depends on your normal pattern but soy increased my EWCM (but I get a fair amount anyway) so I don't think you need to get it unless you are already low on EWCM xxx

Thanks happyshopper. The reason I asked is that i was just reading about clomid and how clomid makes your natural CM more hostile (??) and therefore pre seed was advised to help with this, and I was wondering if the same went for soy.

Lisa,
No the soy will increase your EWCM if anything. This is my first cycle on soy, I took 120mg cd 3-5 and 160mg cd 6-7. I usually ovulate around cd 14-16, didn't get my high on the clearblue monitor till cd 15, I'm cd 17 today and got another high. TMI (sorry) but I just got a load of ewcm when I wiped, I never get this. I'm assuming I will get a peak tomorrow and either ov tomorrow or the following day. I'm also much more crampy. Soy has delayed my ov by around 2-4 days. Got to get bd'ing soon!

Jen so happy for you, enjoy every minute.

Question everyone? Do you think you ovulate the day you get a peak or the day after, I know they say the second day, or the day after a positive opk but I've felt I ov the first day. What are your experiences.

I think it could be either really, this month I think I ov'ed the day of my first peak. Check your EWCM tomorrow as I've heard it dries up quickly after ov xxx

wantobeamum - I usually O on cd 12 or 13 as well but last cycle looks like I did cd15, but it was my first proper cycle trying after miscarriage so I dont know if it was that or the soy that delayed me. However all I have read says O is usually 8-10 days after last dose of soy or clomid so that would be about right. I did cd4-8 but this cycle I am doing 3-7 120mg 3,4,5 and 180mg 6 and 7. all in the hope of producing a higher quality egg, 2-6 you run the risk of more eggs but less mature. I am still reading and studying all of this so I am sure someone will correct me if wrong.

Good luck sweetheart

Ok thanks Miss C.
I am going to try cycle days 3-7 and 120mg cd 3,4,5 and 160mg cd 6 and 7. Thankyou for the advice.

Congrats Jen on your :bfp: ::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::

glowstar did you use the same tests or different tests? if it was a different test it may not have been the same sensitivity.

also, you feel VERY af-like when you first fall pregnant, i wouldnt be upset just yet!

Tested again...BFN :shrug: oh well not going to stress about it......just waiting for my temp to drop tomorrow and for the witch to appear :coffee:

Contemplating another cycle of soy :winkwink:

Glowstar just cos your temps drop dont mean your out, ive seen ladies get their bfp's when temps dramitically dropped, hang in there ' i see the line too' :winkwink::dust::dust::dust:

Hey Glowstar! Hoping you're not out I totally see a line there too!!

I finished my last day of soy yesterday and noticed few side effects...more heartburn than normal but maybe that's not related... But my temps are all over the place so far this cycle... what are your temps doing in the first half of your cycles ladies?

My temps were a little bit erratic but nothing too unusual.

you don't need preseed with soy!! :haha: cd7 for me and I am still spotting but already have ewcm coming out!! combined with the green tea its gonna be one slippery cycle I think! Gonna start the smep tonight, they say start cd8 but gonna go a bit earlier in case O comes earlier. I forgot to up my dose last night doh so wil have done 120 3-6 and will do 180 tonight for last day. mione are 6omg per tablet so it has to be those increments. Got the bloody night swetas this cycle that I didn't last time and a headache this morning but apart from that no major sides.

Will start to poas this arvo on my opk's as well just in case!

Jen!!! :happydance:

Glowy - I can see the line and I am on the laptop (crap screen) and I don't have my glasses on (crap eyes). What I can't tell is if there is any colour or not, after my frer experience I am so not going to be testing early this cycle. I think we should all vow to! It's just too heartbreaking and with a few chemicals in my recent past I want a no doubt line a big fat eff off line next time I poas!!

Thanks for the PMA ladies but looks like I will be pressing the 'm' button on the CBFM tomorrow :wacko: temp drop this morning.

Sooooooo....do I try one more cycle of Soy. I think I probably will....and go for CD3-7...the CD2-6 messed up my cycle after really (only 19 days long!). Here's to a 2012 baby eh??? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->