Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

Yeah glowstar thats the one, I have bought it was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it? God I'm in so much bloody pain again. I can't believe I still have the endo pain after he removed it! Must be more lurking. I have acupuncture wed, hopefully that will help. I'm 7dpo girls, went on the booze night before last and just finished a night shift so bit tired, but during the night at work my boobs have become soooooooo sore. Don't think I'm preggers but its insane how sore they are and it came on in a matter of hrs. Has anyone else found that a binge drink can mess with your hormones and do stuff like this?

Haven't tried it Kimmy. If you do will you let me know how easy it is to use as was thinking of getting one for OH...sure he will be impressed with that :haha:

Never had sore boobs from drinking :shrug: mind you I have sore boobs every TWW so it's not really a sign of anything for me :winkwink:

Glowstar, I should get it in the post soon, will let you know what I think for sure. This is the one that is supposed to telly you amount and motility and has 2 tests in it, I've told DP I'm getting it so it won't be too much of a shock to his manhood when it arrives.

Just slept from 9am till 20 past 3 after my night shift. God its not normal. My boobs are still sore. I think it must be surges of hormones going a bit crazy being my first cycle after the lap. I normally get sore in my tww aswell but not like this. Mind you I'm only 7dpo like I said and too early for real signs. I've found when I'm pregnant I don't get much in the way of symptoms until around 6 weeks anyway. Argh is such a pain in the ass being a chick sometimes. :coffee:

Hi everyone,
I fancy getting one of those tests but I don't think my OH would be up for it. I had a look at the instructions on the internet; it looks so complicated, I think you need a chemistry A level to do it.
How are you feeling now Kimmy? I admire your willpower for not symptom spotting, although it does sound hopeful. I've had every symptom under the sun in my TWW but FX it's a :bfp: for you xxx
Hi Glowstar, still just a couple of days behind you. It must be last dose for you tonight, have you had any side effects? xxx
I'm finding it a bit difficult taking so many tablets (5 x 40mg), it's probably psychological but I want to be sick when I take them. I'll be glad when its CD8. Other than that, I feel really good. I don't know whether it was the acupuncture or raspberry tea but I had a 5 day AF rather than my usual 1 proper day. Its not something I would have been pleased about pre-TTC but I feel like I'm going in the right direction xxx

Hi Happy!

CD8 here so finished my soy last night. I didn't take a high dose at all. I forgot and took 120mg on CD3 so ended up doing 120,120,120,160,120. The reason for the last one not being 160mg was last night I had terrible backache and almost felt like my ovaries were going to explode...not good. So decided some was better than none. I know what you mean about swallowing them though...it's horrible.
I have actually had a couple of headaches this time but apart from that OK.
Still low on the CBFM so hoping my fertile time falls over the BH weekend so we can BD Friday, Sat, Sun & Monday :winkwink:

Glad you have had a 'normal' AF :winkwink: Sounds like the accu is working for you. Have you thought of trying some natural progesterone cream for the spotting? Erica used it didn't she? If OH won't do the SA test why not get him on some Maca? Heard only good things about it :winkwink: Still waiting on mine to arrive..ordered it Friday, thought it would have been here by now. Desperate for OH to take it and see if it makes a difference :winkwink:

Just a quickie. Got a positive opk througout today and temp drop this morning. Do you think the other day my body geared up then failed with the all but positive opk? Going to be. really late ovulating this cycle.

Yes Happyshopper, slip him some maca in his tea! DH was taking it and its meant to be amazing for spermies and also the balancing a womens hormones. I think its the acupuncture which is having that effect on your cycle! It just seems to balance everything out so quickly. When is your next appointment?
Glowstar the ovary pain sounds intense....hopefully it'll be a good sign this month though and mean some seriously strong eggys will be released! I'm wrecked so heading to bed...will stalk again in the morning! xoxo

Just a quickie. Got a positive opk througout today and temp drop this morning. Do you think the other day my body geared up then failed with the all but positive opk? Going to be. really late ovulating this cycle.

Sounds probable to me :winkwink: but your LP looks pretty consistent so you might just have a slightly longer cycle by a couple of days this month so I wouldn't worry too much. Also you can get +opk and Ov and the same day, I have before. Looks like you have got things covered with BD'ing anyway :thumbup:

Hya Girls, OH and I are on Macca now and i just noticed there is a little bit in the Wellman Conception tablets anyway so double dose for him !! (Let's hope it gives gives him super :spermy:
I am not too sure if the Soy worked for me... i took it too early so maybe will have to try again next month...
in the meantime trying to maintain :sex: every other day
:dust: to all of you!

Hi ladies, hope you are all doing well. i've been lurking, not a person of many words to be honest lol.

anyways, I am approaching my predicted ov days and i have to say I am slightly nervous, i haven't been temping since last year as my periods went missing for 6 months after a really early miscarriage so this is the first month in a long time I have been temping and I am slightly nervous in case I don't O despite the soy. Was kind of hoping that i'd Ov earlier as i took the soy cd2-6 but i'd be delighted if I Ov even when predicted. My temps have kind of been all over the place so I am not sure what to think.... just got to keep a PMA and hope for the best.

Hi Lisa,

Just had a look at your chart.....your temps are a bit erratic and your AF seems fairly long...longer than normal I would say...plus a couple days of spotting. I am wondering if taking something to balance out your hormones might help you. You've got some high temps fairly early on...which means you are going to need a really good jump and very high temps for FF to detect Ov.

Are you taking any supplements? You could maybe try Agnus Castus...or Maca to level out your hormones :shrug: It's hard to say at the moment as you might just get a clear temp jump which clearly defines Ov.
Have you spoke yo your GP about the length of AF? :hugs:

hey everyone my husband used a sperm test. he didnt so much like it lol, but he did it. it was slightly complicated but not too bad. more just a strange experience lol. after they "do their thing" and collect it, they mix it with somerthing, then it goes on a test that looks like a preggo test. it has a longer wait time if i recall....so just reading and following directions is the most important :)

i did find it very useful... it came up positive for my DH but BARELY...you know like one of our eye squinter tests? lol. so to me that helped explain what was taking so long for us. he was making enough little:spermy: but just enough, no surplus. so thats when i kicked up all my fertility enhancers as well(soy, preseed, red raspberry leaf tea) as getting him on vitamins good for fertility. and we got our + :)

Hi ladies, update here, I had my first acupuncture session last night and it went beautifully, I left with a big smile on my face! The needles on my wrists and feet hurt a little but the acupuncturist said they were the spots to do with my heart and liver and usually the most tender. She also told me that the reason a lot of women don't fall pregnant is that it doesn't happen for them straight away so they tell themselves they are infertile, your brain then thinks you are! Crazy isn't it. Anyway I have another appointment next Tuesday. I didn't feel bombed out after like a lot of people say they do but I'd been on night shift the night before and was only up 2.5hrs when I had my appointment. She also put me on huge doses of Vitamin D as I get down a lot living in bloody cold damp Ireland! Can anyone tell me about progesterone or wild yam cream?

HappyShopper I'm still having this mad pain, I thought things were going well, I'm 9dpo and tested at 7 to a bfn. The pain I have with my endo is pretty gruesome again, even tho it was removed last month! My boobs are still sore but no different to any other month and I feel like AF is not far away. I'm not holding out much hope for this month I think my body is still recovering from the lap. I don't know whether to try soy again next month or give myself a break from everything, including my monitor! Just continue to go to acupuncture and let my body unwind a bit.

Hi Happy!

CD8 here so finished my soy last night. I didn't take a high dose at all. I forgot and took 120mg on CD3 so ended up doing 120,120,120,160,120. The reason for the last one not being 160mg was last night I had terrible backache and almost felt like my ovaries were going to explode...not good. So decided some was better than none. I know what you mean about swallowing them though...it's horrible.
I have actually had a couple of headaches this time but apart from that OK.
Still low on the CBFM so hoping my fertile time falls over the BH weekend so we can BD Friday, Sat, Sun & Monday :winkwink:

Glad you have had a 'normal' AF :winkwink: Sounds like the accu is working for you. Have you thought of trying some natural progesterone cream for the spotting? Erica used it didn't she? If OH won't do the SA test why not get him on some Maca? Heard only good things about it :winkwink: Still waiting on mine to arrive..ordered it Friday, thought it would have been here by now. Desperate for OH to take it and see if it makes a difference :winkwink:

It sounds like you did the right thing, they sound like pretty gruesome side-effects. FX they do the trick for you xx
I ordered some progesterone cream last month but it took so long to get here that I missed ovulation altogether, so I'm armed this month :happydance: I really hope it works. You gave me an idea regarding feeding my OH some maca in secret; I'm going to whizz up a daily smoothie with an added special ingredient xxx
Hi Jen, I agree I think acupuncture is helping me, unfortunately my acupuncturist is on holiday for the next 2 weeks so I think the effect this month is quite limited. Ive been reading the infertility cure and its so interesting. I love the positive anecdotes. Its give me loads of ideas on what herbs I can take; I will bring it up with Jayne when she is back from her holidays xxx
Hi Kimmy, sorry you're having a bad time of it, hope you feel better soon. I'm sure that the acupuncture will help massively. Do you take any herbs also? xxx

Hi Lisa,

Just had a look at your chart.....your temps are a bit erratic and your AF seems fairly long...longer than normal I would say...plus a couple days of spotting. I am wondering if taking something to balance out your hormones might help you. You've got some high temps fairly early on...which means you are going to need a really good jump and very high temps for FF to detect Ov.

Are you taking any supplements? You could maybe try Agnus Castus...or Maca to level out your hormones :shrug: It's hard to say at the moment as you might just get a clear temp jump which clearly defines Ov.
Have you spoke yo your GP about the length of AF? :hugs:

Hi glowstar. Yes my AF has always been longer than the norm. I haven't spoken to the doctor about the length of AF specifically as my cycles are a bit erratic, some times I can go months and months with no AF and other times they come fairly regular. Sometimes AF is here forever and other times she only comes for a few days, sometimes light, sometimes REALLY heavy, you get the jist....

The only supplements I am taking other than folic acid is the soy, but I have Agnus Castus in the cupboard that i bought at the same time as Soy Iso but I then read that you can't take both at the same times so I chose to take the soy...maybe that was the wrong decision? Do you think I should give the soy a miss and try the AC next cycle ?

I have had my hormones checked which was normal and I have been checked for PCOS, which i don't have, so no one can answer why my AF are so erratic:cry:. So frustrating:growlmad:.

Kimmy - glad your accu session went well :hugs:

Happy - glad you got the progesterone cream and hope it works for you and yes...slip OH a Maca smoothie :haha:

Lisa - You can take Maca along with soy, that is also supposed to help balance out hormones, both you and your OH can take it. Maybe try that if you want to continue with the soy. You can read more about Maca here https://www.macaroot.com/

Thanks for the info glowstar... is there any point starting to take it at this point in my cycle or worth leaving it until next cycle do you think? x

I am not completely sure but I can't see why you just can't start it because it's a food supplement not a vitamin. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->