Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

Hi everyone,
The spotting is well and truly here now so I'm pretty sure it means I'm out. I'm not too happy about it, but what can you do but carry on :shrug:. I feel so defective and I'm starting to doubt I'll ever get my :bfp:. I think I'm getting stressed out about the whole TTC thing so I'm planning on downscaling my efforts; no temping, no soy and no CBFM. I'm going to eat much healtier and start yoga and exercise (and hopefully persuade my OH to go somewhere exotic for a holiday).
I have also a quick question regarding tests. Can doctors test you for progesterone and FSH levels at the same time?
Good luck everyone and sending :dust: to you all xxx

Hi everyone,
The spotting is well and truly here now so I'm pretty sure it means I'm out. I'm not too happy about it, but what can you do but carry on :shrug:. I feel so defective and I'm starting to doubt I'll ever get my :bfp:. I think I'm getting stressed out about the whole TTC thing so I'm planning on downscaling my efforts; no temping, no soy and no CBFM. I'm going to eat much healtier and start yoga and exercise (and hopefully persuade my OH to go somewhere exotic for a holiday).
I have also a quick question regarding tests. Can doctors test you for progesterone and FSH levels at the same time?
Good luck everyone and sending :dust: to you all xxx

what kind of birth control have you used in the past? i used to use the depo provera shot...initially i had a 54 day straight period trying to come off of it...and then for at least a year after i would spot more days of the month than i wasnt spotting.

Hi PM, I was on the mini-pill (can't remember the name) until about 2 years ago. I wish it was BC related then at least there is some hope of it stopping eventually xxx

So sorry Happy looks like your hormones are well and truly out of whack maybe going cold turkey with the who ttc stuff may work. I am wishing you all the luck in the world and sending truck loads of :dust: a few miles up the road.

Brynden...I'm going to have another go with Soy :winkwink:

Happy, they tested my LH and FSH at the same time, I think they can be slightly elevated as to what they would be on CD3 tests but they should be a 1:1 ratio (roughly) mine were 3 & 4 so I am Ok with that, also I think they must calculate it against your progesterone levels too. I've read conflicting advice that the results are useless on CD21 but my Dr doesn't seem to think I have a problem :shrug:
I really hope they can do something....it must be awful :cry: like you say, maybe stop with everything else, try and chill-ax BUT try and get some real medical help. If you stamp your feet enough....well you know what I'm saying :winkwink:

Awww glowstar i am so sorry to hear the witch got you. Good luck on this cycle will be keeping my fx for you. x

Hey girls I'm wondering if you could help. I took soy isoflavones on cd1-5 this cycle, my period stopped cd6, but ever since I've had spotting and I'm wondering if the Soy has caused this. What do you reckon?

These were the ones I took and I took them twice a day at the same time

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=1&prodid=420&cid=52&sid=0

I'm just a bit concerned I've now gone and messed up my cycles. Has this happened to anyone else?

Persoally i dont like these cos they have other ingredients in with the Soy, but i wouldnt worry about spotting. My first time on the Soy i spotted up to CD11 but still got my BFP.. good luck :dust::dust::dust:

Hey girls I'm wondering if you could help. I took soy isoflavones on cd1-5 this cycle, my period stopped cd6, but ever since I've had spotting and I'm wondering if the Soy has caused this. What do you reckon?

These were the ones I took and I took them twice a day at the same time

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=1&prodid=420&cid=52&sid=0

I'm just a bit concerned I've now gone and messed up my cycles. Has this happened to anyone else?

Welcome Tanzibar,
I had some spotting for about 4 days and it was fine. It didn't mess up my cycle although it did make me ovulate late.
Good luck xxx

Thanks ladies for your words of support, it means so much. Sorry for the self pity rant but I feel loads better now. I am going to see a doctor this month and get myself checked out. Good luck and I hope that we all get a June :bfp: xxx

Thanks for the info girls, I'm a sufferer of irregular cycles anyway so I'm not expecting to ovulate for another 30 days anything sooner though and I'm a happy bunny.

Hello tanzibar and welcome. I spotted until cd 10 my first cycle with soy took it 2-6. Second cycle took it 3-7 had a really short period 4 days and no spotting. Got my bfp with that one. Good luck and i agree with the other ladies those holand and narrett tablets have loads of other stuff in them I hot mine from tescos 40mg tablets. X

interesting info there debzie, thanks :D

I might have a look into the Tesco's ones for next cycle (that's if I don't get a BFP this one!)

Congrats on your BFP, hope everything is going well.

thankyou tanzibar everything is going ok so far fx touch wood and all that. Still very early days. Hope you will be joining me soon with the rest of the soy ladies. x

tmi q ladies

I have weird crampy feelings today and have just been to the loo and a small clot and some bright red blood not much but enough when I wiped to pop in a panty liner. I am cd 10. 3rd cycle after miscarriage. Temps are way way way higher than ever before pre O and they went up when af hit week before last.

Any ideas? Should I be worried?

background that is not on my chart and list of werid things.

end of last cycle massive amounts of ewcm before AF hit, then AF was really really light with 2 "gushes" but outside of the gushes only when I wiped! Day AF arrived, temp spiked way up, I stopped temping after she hit but after she left (not that she really came) temp still way up and still up despite one drop couple of days ago.

Is this "normal".

I have not taken soy this cycle just my pre natals and drinking green tea. Would the soy have a longer lasting affect beyond the cycles you used it for. I used it 1st and 2nd cycles after miscarriage (technically 2nd and 3rd cos we did nothing with the first AF when it came.)

when was the last time you tested? maybe af wasnt af, and you are pg? you may want to test to be sure cuz if you are you will need to see a dr about passing clots!

if I was utd would I have had those 2 gushes? Haven't tested ecept an OPK yesterday when I had heaps of watery cm and figured I should start testing in case O came early this month cos my temps won't tell me it's coming at this rate.

I have no hpt's in the house, do you really think I should get one?

I just merged my 2 cycles - curioser and curioser

Yeah Miss c I would test too, its really strange that af wasn't long and temps are still way up...keeping everything crossed for you!
Debzie congratulations on the bfp!

Happyshopper and Glowstar how is everything with you both?

I've my scan on Wednesday, might eventually relax a bit after getting it! xo

Hey Miss C That is really weird that your temps would stay up so long...maybe wait and see if you see an ovulation spike in your temperatures this month? If not and they're just staying high, then I would test

Question for you ladies - I had almost positive OPK's on CD 12, but no temp spike, since then I've had negative OPK's...although they're getting a little darker today... is there a reason why it would have been almost positive on cd 12?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->