Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

My first time trying SI I took a 120mg (front of the bottle #) at night CD 2-6, it didn't make me ovulate sooner but I ended up pregnant. The second month that I had the mc I took them CD 5-9, same dose as the first month and I am pregnant again, this time though I found out on 10DPO which is odd for me and it wasn't a faint line very clear line...my other two pregnancies I didn't get a faint line till 12DPO.

We TTC for four months with no luck and I started searching out natural ways to increase the odd when I came upon articles about SI, figured I would give them a try. My cycles are long anyway around 40 days.

My first time trying SI I took a 120mg (front of the bottle #) at night CD 2-6, it didn't make me ovulate sooner but I ended up pregnant. The second month that I had the mc I took them CD 5-9, same dose as the first month and I am pregnant again, this time though I found out on 10DPO which is odd for me and it wasn't a faint line very clear line...my other two pregnancies I didn't get a faint line till 12DPO.

We TTC for four months with no luck and I started searching out natural ways to increase the odd when I came upon articles about SI, figured I would give them a try. My cycles are long anyway around 40 days.

congrats I hope you have a sticky bean

So I got pregnant last month, my first month trying SI, but had a MC at 5wks. The MC was basily like a period (I was lucky) so I took SI days 5-9 of the MC, at that point we were going to wait a month at least before trying again, but took them anyway. So when I realized I was ovulating I talked it over with DH and we decided go ahead and TTC - I just found out I am pregnant again!! I am very nervous because of the MC last month so I am taking it day by day and crossing my fingers this baby will stick. But I can't help thinking that the SI really work for me!!!

Congrats on your :bfp: ! How much soy did you take??? i.e. I am never sure if people are talking about the mg of the capsule itself or the mg of isos it says on the back, like my pills are 100 mg, but on the back it says "soy isos 42 mg".

@wish2bmum: Have you told your doc about this long cycle? they can usually give something to start your period i think?

its the 42 mg of soy iso you go by

Congrats Sarah!

What dosage does everyone take? What's the max that's okay to take? I'm taking 120.

Also, is it okay to take it CD 4-8 instead of 3-7? I ask because I counted CD1 as the day I started bleeding heavily but I was spotting the day before that, which mave have been CD1....yeah, I'm totally over thinking this!

I found this on google for ya
CD 1-5 or 2-6, or 3-7 or 5-9
so i guessing you can take it on CD 4-8

CD 1 is the day you actually start bleeding, spotting does not count

I think you should be fine taking 120 mg

what cd are you on now???

So, is there any correlation between IS or Clomid and coveiving multiples?

idk about clomid I've never took it.
but i found this on google too
3-7 gives you more follicles (better chance of twins) but 5-9 gives you bigger follicles

I really don't know how true that is but i hope this helps

Hope all this helps I don't know how true it is, it's from what I've researched and everyone is different....

I try to help everyone I can,
:dust:
Hope you all get your :bfp:

So I got pregnant last month, my first month trying SI, but had a MC at 5wks. The MC was basily like a period (I was lucky) so I took SI days 5-9 of the MC, at that point we were going to wait a month at least before trying again, but took them anyway. So when I realized I was ovulating I talked it over with DH and we decided go ahead and TTC - I just found out I am pregnant again!! I am very nervous because of the MC last month so I am taking it day by day and crossing my fingers this baby will stick. But I can't help thinking that the SI really work for me!!!

Congrats on your :bfp: ! How much soy did you take??? i.e. I am never sure if people are talking about the mg of the capsule itself or the mg of isos it says on the back, like my pills are 100 mg, but on the back it says "soy isos 42 mg".

@wish2bmum: Have you told your doc about this long cycle? they can usually give something to start your period i think?

its the 42 mg of soy iso you go by

Yes, the mg on the front of the bottle is what I go by, the ones I have are 40mg, so I took three for the total of 120mg

Thanks Kimmie! I'm CD5 now, so I started on 3 (but was worried maybe it was really CD4).

hi girls,
im not sure what cd i am, last af 5th aug (only one af since stopping bcp in june) i really want to start taking SI to try and help my body start doing something again, really want to be pregnant! :cry: how do i know when to start taking them and for how long? Should i just start now?
Help! :shrug:

hi girls,
im not sure what cd i am, last af 5th aug (only one af since stopping bcp in june) i really want to start taking SI to try and help my body start doing something again, really want to be pregnant! :cry: how do i know when to start taking them and for how long? Should i just start now?

Don't take them unless you are on your period and then you can only take them for 5 days no more!!!

CD 1-5 or 2-6, or 3-7 or 5-9
mg vary from person to person no more than 200mg a night I know for sure, && some ppl take as low as 80 mg a night
go to google and look around and take the mg you think is right for you
i know if you read through all these threads you can get an idea of the mg and side effects (it will take a while but it helps)
i researched til i found someone similar to me and saw how many mg they took && the out come

Thanks Kimmie! I'm CD5 now, so I started on 3 (but was worried maybe it was really CD4).

either way I don't see how it could hurt
I have read of some women taking it on cd 4-8
if it dont help try on a different cd next time

hi girls,

baby i started taking sot to 'get me going' lol

i took 4 23mg tablets for 4 days and then 8 23mg tablets for 3 days

started getting pains after a couple of days and am hoping to ov this month

if i don't get any af within 3 weeks from me finishing the 1st lot i will ty again ;)

i hope you will be ok you are only suppposed to take them for 5 days thats it no more as it has a reverse effect on your eggs hun

Hi

Just wondering would these be ok:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Soy-isoflavo...auty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item2c54d8de5a

Unless anyone can suggest anywhere else to get them in the UK??

Thanks

Im a little confused now and unsure what to do, got bloods being done at docs tomorrow but if all comes back ok with that and doc does not show anything i want to start SI. Am worried cos not sure if its ok to start them as i dont know what cd im on, i dont want to do more harm to myself?!
Please advise :cry:
:hugs:

Hi

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Soy-isoflavo...auty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item2c54d8de5a

Thanks

:hi:

I got mine from Tesco :) or you can get them from Holland and Barratt

xx

Hi

Thanks

there the ones i use.
I got my bfp 1st month with them although it wasnt to be, but im due af tomorrow and my temps are still high so its looking good :)

Hi

Thanks

:hi:

I got mine from Tesco :) or you can get them from Holland and Barratt

xx

I was going to get them from tesco and then i read somewhere that they only have 4% of soy in it, is this not the case??

How many do you take of the tesco's ones?

Thanks xx

It says they are 40mg of Soy and I took 3 a day from CD 3 to 7. Based on my temps and OPKs Fertilty Friend says I ov'd on CD16, and I hadn't ovulated for the past 3 cycles.

HTH

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"