Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

hey poppy66, I knew that I ovulated on my own so I didn't take the full whack dosage

CD3- 80mg, CD4- 80mg, CD5- 100mg, CD6- 120mg, CD7-160mg

I planned to take only 140mg on CD7 but it was Friday night and I'd had a few glasses of wine and thought what the hey! Glad I did now for that extra little boost. Increasing the dosage works better I think (thanks RhiannonBaby) as it mimics gradually increasing oestrogen levels in a normal cycle.

GL with it :dust:

Thanks roopachoo im 90% sure i ov every month but thought with being older id go for it, but started on CD2-CD6 :shrug: and took 160mg then 200mg last two days so hope i didnt do on wrong days and too much x

It's all trial and error with these dosages, everyone's different, but sounds like a common kind of dosage/strategy. Hope it brings you a nice strong O xx fx it's your month xx

CONGRATULATIONS Mrs. Pop!!! I'm a big fan as Soy gave me a :bfp: first cycle too!

I may name the bubs Soya lol!

AF was due today, soy kept her firmly out woohoo!!

Was your missed AF today Mrs. Pop?

nope, AF is/was due saturday but I was convinced I was out and I'm working nights over the weekend, so I kinda wanted to see that bfn so I wouldn't obsess over the weekend and get upset. Ahem.... Lol :haha:

congrats on your :bfp: roopachoo! Are you due July 9th too?

I took mine CD 3-7. I ovulate on my own so took 40mg, 80mg, 80mg, 80mg, 120mg. Got stronger OPKs and ovulated 2 days earlier :happydance:

wohoo first month using soy and it looks like it has worked! i got a shade below positive today which means i will get positive either tonight or tomorrow! cd 13! last month was cd23 months before 18 and 19! so pleased!

i know i have only posted a few times on here recently but i have been reading the thread for a while now so have to thank you ladies for putting up all your experiences and advice up on this thread it has help me no end and if i get bfp as a result of the soy then i will be even more thankful!

Woohoo busy (dirty) weekend ahead nomorenumbers!! FX! :dust:

CONGRATULATIONS Mrs. Pop!!! I'm a big fan as Soy gave me a :bfp: first cycle too!

I may name the bubs Soya lol!

AF was due today, soy kept her firmly out woohoo!!

Was your missed AF today Mrs. Pop?

nope, AF is/was due saturday but I was convinced I was out and I'm working nights over the weekend, so I kinda wanted to see that bfn so I wouldn't obsess over the weekend and get upset. Ahem.... Lol :haha:

congrats on your :bfp: roopachoo! Are you due July 9th too?

I took mine CD 3-7. I ovulate on my own so took 40mg, 80mg, 80mg, 80mg, 120mg. Got stronger OPKs and ovulated 2 days earlier :happydance:

How fantastic! Good luck concentrating at work on the weekend!

I was due AF :af: today, but POAS everyday from 2dpo and got my first pos test on Sat 8dpo. Don't think I would've lasted till today. Soy moved up my O from CD25 to CD14.

I'm due July 8th! A long long wait to 12 weeks- but it's a bit of a gift that you're 4 weeks when you've only just found out! We're going to tell our parents on Christmas Day, planning to slip a scan photo into their Xmas cards.

Congrats again!

Thats it if i don't get my bfp this cycle i'm soying next cycle!

Hi everyone! I haven't gotten lucky with Soy Iso so far... I just recovered from flu and I had AF Oct 23. I couldn't take Soy bcos I was scared to mix it with flu medications. Anyway, do you think it's too late for me to take Soy this cycle? I believe Soy helps me with my long irregular cycle (used to be 70 - 80+ days --> now it's 30 - 35 days). Also, taking it with increasing doses seem to be helping for me too. Whaddaya think, ladies?

:hi:

I've been noseying at this thread for a few days and have decided to try soy next cycle (as soon as it arrives) ...

I didn't have af for 7 months from november until july cos of my weight and have lost quite a bit of weight, which seems to have kick started my cycles again. I had ewcm for the first time in 2 years last cycle, but couldn't confirm ov with an opk. My cycle length from July through to the next one starting on 11th September was 56 days, and so far with this cycle I'm on cd 48.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend what sort of dose I should be looking at and from which cd with soy for next cycle?

Many thanks in advance :hugs:

DaretoDream- hoping you get yr :bfp: this cycle fx

Uwais- I think you're two days too late for soy this cycle if you're on CD7, although I've heard docs prescribing clomid after the usual clomid days I wouldn't mess with your cycle unless under a docs specific supervision. Maybe next cycle then? Great news on how much the soy has shortened your cycles- that's a pretty massive jump!

:dust::dust::dust:

Hi EmmyReece, great news that your cycles are back! Good effort! I've read that weight issues can cause oestrogen dominance on the cycle, which can stop/delay O, so hopefully this is what you've sorted out with your weight loss. BTW soy causes more oestrogen to be produced indirectly, so too much can also delay/stop O.

I think maybe you should try it for days 5-9 as you have a longer cycle- I really hope the soy will shorten it for you. As far a dosage goes, its always better to start low and adjust depending on how it shifts your O day. Maybe start at 80mg and then increase?

Do you temp? I would really recommend this especially with longer cycles so you know exactly where you are in the cycle, and pin point O. You'll be better equipped to make informed decisions with this data handy.

Best of luck and hope your BFP is around the corner x :dust:

Hi Girls,

I am a newbie to the Soy revolution, I am just getting a bit fed up with not getting my :bfp:.

I use the CBFM (just started day 1 of my 3rd cycle), and I am curious about the Soy. I have a 26/27 day cycle on average and I have in the past fell pregnant (2 losses), so I am still TTC no 1. I have just turned 35 and I am just feeling a bit dispondent.

Can anyone offer any guidance on this, does taking SOY mess your cycles up, what do I need to take and how often, how long etc.

I am in the UK and thinking of buying from Tesco.

Thanks girls
xx

:hugs: thanks for the advice :)

It's got to be worth a try, seems to work for so many people :)

Uwais- I think you're two days too late for soy this cycle if you're on CD7, although I've heard docs prescribing clomid after the usual clomid days I wouldn't mess with your cycle unless under a docs specific supervision. Maybe next cycle then? Great news on how much the soy has shortened your cycles- that's a pretty massive jump!

First of, Congratz roopachoo! :happydance: Also to the others for having BFP!
Roopachoo: I think you're right... Maybe next cycle then (it would be Cycle #3 on Soy Iso). It's really nice to have a shorter cycle. :thumbup: I'm wondering about something though. Since Soy iso is like Chlomid, will it be bad to take it for 6 cycles? I'm hoping I don't have to take it for 6 cycles though. LOL. :dohh:

Hi Girls,

I am a newbie to the Soy revolution, I am just getting a bit fed up with not getting my :bfp:.

I use the CBFM (just started day 1 of my 3rd cycle), and I am curious about the Soy. I have a 26/27 day cycle on average and I have in the past fell pregnant (2 losses), so I am still TTC no 1. I have just turned 35 and I am just feeling a bit dispondent.

Can anyone offer any guidance on this, does taking SOY mess your cycles up, what do I need to take and how often, how long etc.

I am in the UK and thinking of buying from Tesco.

Thanks girls
xx

So sorry to hear about your losses xx

Soy is usually taken on clomid days, so 1-5, 3-7 or 5-9. The later you take it you get less but bigger follicles. The favourite seems to be 3-7 as a nice medium. If you do ovulate on yr own it would be better to start on a low dosage and see how this works. Start using OPKs from CD9 to catch your LH surge.

Hope it works for you xx :dust:

BTW there is sooo much info on this thread and different experiences that could be helpful x

Thanks hun i really hope so too. You know i keep trying different things and i just can't seem to get that bfp. I'm getting down about it, but DH really wants that bfp by christmas.

First of, Congratz roopachoo! :happydance: Also to the others for having BFP!
Roopachoo: I think you're right... Maybe next cycle then (it would be Cycle #3 on Soy Iso). It's really nice to have a shorter cycle. :thumbup: I'm wondering about something though. Since Soy iso is like Chlomid, will it be bad to take it for 6 cycles? I'm hoping I don't have to take it for 6 cycles though. LOL. :dohh:

Thanks Uswais. :) Well at least you're taking a break from it this cycle... hopefully you won't have to take it!

I understand not wanting to take it for so many cycles, but I think after a few you'll get a feeling if this is the route for you or not... if it's shortened your cycles that's one step in the right direction!

Does anyone else know about how many cycles you shouldn't really go above with soy? I'm thinking if you've had 6 cycles on it, then there must be something else up that needs to be looked into.

GL to you :dust:

Good Luck Daretodream, we wish you all the best and welcome to the thread xx

Thanks hun i really hope so too. You know i keep trying different things and i just can't seem to get that bfp. I'm getting down about it, but DH really wants that bfp by christmas.

Don't worry hun it will happen soon. TTC really takes its toll some days as you're constantly 'in it' until that bfp shows.

So I see your impressive list!! : CP check, BBT, OPKS, Ferning, fish oil caps, women's one a day (folic acid).

I looked at your chart and you get EWCM yay! Have you tried Robittusin maybe to thin it out? I didn't get any EWCM so I used Rob, EPO, grapefruit juice and preseed! I also used softcups and perched hips on pillow after BD (man that took some getting used to)!

Your LP looks good ranging from 12-16. Mine was 12 days so I took B Vits to help with that- though not sure it was needed...

I also drank red raspberry leaf tea till O - apparently helps tone the uterus. Got quite a taste for it actually. Oh and I made DH have a double espresso half an hour before BD to make the spermies swim faster (better for trying for a boy apparently :) ) !!

I also took OPKs twice a day (12pm and 8pm cheap internet ones) to make sure I didn't miss my soy-induced LH surge, and kept taking them even after a positive OPK until they turned negative just so I could maximise BD opportunities. BD'd every other day from CD8, then everyday from pos OPK to 2dpo.

I know this may seem waaaay over the top... but I just wanted to cover all my bases. Admittedly it did take up all my time and mental space. This approach may be really stressful in trying to control every little element... a lot of couples find they get pregnant once they ditch their charts and thermometers... but for me this would be like peeing in the dark!!

FX for you :dust:

I haven't commented on this thread in quite awhile but I wanted to share my soy story. I used soy for the first time this cycle. I am on CD 21 and 4DPO. My last cycle, I O'd on CD 28, cycle before that was annov. and before that was CD 30. This cycle, I took soy cd 3-7 and I O'd on CD 17!! It moved my O up by 11 days! I don't know if we will get a BFP, but I am just excited to O when normal people do :). Just wanted to share so that if anyone is in the same boat as me, they could see what worked for me! Thanks. Good luck for all those BFP's out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->