Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

Girls I have a question?

I've started taking 120mg of soy days 3-5 and 160mg soy days 6 and 7, yesterday (cd9) i started spotting still spotting today (cd10), and opk's are neg so far, I've never spotted through my cycle and havn't a clue whats going on:shrug:

Any ideas?

I haven't commented on this thread in quite awhile but I wanted to share my soy story. I used soy for the first time this cycle. I am on CD 21 and 4DPO. My last cycle, I O'd on CD 28, cycle before that was annov. and before that was CD 30. This cycle, I took soy cd 3-7 and I O'd on CD 17!! It moved my O up by 11 days! I don't know if we will get a BFP, but I am just excited to O when normal people do :). Just wanted to share so that if anyone is in the same boat as me, they could see what worked for me! Thanks. Good luck for all those BFP's out there!

So so chuffed for you! I love hearing happy soy stories, hopefully sticky soy bean on its way fx and GL :dust: do keep us updated

Girls I have a question?

I've started taking 120mg of soy days 3-5 and 160mg soy days 6 and 7, yesterday (cd9) i started spotting still spotting today (cd10), and opk's are neg so far, I've never spotted through my cycle and havn't a clue whats going on:shrug:

Any ideas?

Oh no Daisy mum... and the soy is the only thing that is different this cycle? So how would that work.. it's the oestrogen that builds up the lining... so maybe the dosage was too high? Not sure if too much oestrogen can do that... anyone else?

Keep testing with the OPKs, hopefully the spotting won't affect your lining. If you O later than usual than maybe the dosage was too high. Too much oestrogen can delay/stop O. But hopefully this isn't the case as you'd need a LOT of follicles producing lots of oestrogen. Can you feel your ovaries working overtime?

Keep going as normal and try not to worry too much about it as probably will be fine... and go catch that egg. We all have everything crossed tightly for you xx :dust:

Girls I have a question?

Any ideas?

Hey sweetie i spotted for a few days too... my usual af length is 3-4 days but i spotted on CD5,6 & 7 but stopped now, you should be ok... i tested yesterday on OPK and got a faint line, testing again today so should be darker x

Thanks Girlies, But I really think I may have messed my cycle up this month, will just have to wait and see?

Roopachoo, yep my ovaries do feel ike they're working overtime, just hope I don't miss that eggie.

Poppy I'll be over to join the rest of the ding dongs later mwah

Hey ladies, just stopping back in to see how everyone is doing. Second day of having another positive opk.. I hope November brings lots of :bfp: for us soy ladies. :)

Still waiting for my positive OPK just faint lines at the moment.... good luck AmorT :hugs:

hey ladies, I have a question about the soy. I am cd5 today and I just bought my first bottle. I was wondering if it was safe to start taking them cd6, I have an average 30 day cycle. They are 40mg tablets so how many should I take in a day?

Yay I finally got a +opk today on cd 19! :happydance: This is my 1st cycle on soy and Im hoping it works the 1st time! How is everyone elsen doing?

DaretoDream- hoping you get yr :bfp: this cycle fx

:dust::dust::dust:

Thanks hun i really hope so too. You know i keep trying different things and i just can't seem to get that bfp. I'm getting down about it, but DH really wants that bfp by christmas.

Don't worry hun it will happen soon. TTC really takes its toll some days as you're constantly 'in it' until that bfp shows.

So I see your impressive list!! : CP check, BBT, OPKS, Ferning, fish oil caps, women's one a day (folic acid).

I looked at your chart and you get EWCM yay! Have you tried Robittusin maybe to thin it out? I didn't get any EWCM so I used Rob, EPO, grapefruit juice and preseed! I also used softcups and perched hips on pillow after BD (man that took some getting used to)!

Your LP looks good ranging from 12-16. Mine was 12 days so I took B Vits to help with that- though not sure it was needed...

I also drank red raspberry leaf tea till O - apparently helps tone the uterus. Got quite a taste for it actually. Oh and I made DH have a double espresso half an hour before BD to make the spermies swim faster (better for trying for a boy apparently :) ) !!

I also took OPKs twice a day (12pm and 8pm cheap internet ones) to make sure I didn't miss my soy-induced LH surge, and kept taking them even after a positive OPK until they turned negative just so I could maximise BD opportunities. BD'd every other day from CD8, then everyday from pos OPK to 2dpo.

I know this may seem waaaay over the top... but I just wanted to cover all my bases. Admittedly it did take up all my time and mental space. This approach may be really stressful in trying to control every little element... a lot of couples find they get pregnant once they ditch their charts and thermometers... but for me this would be like peeing in the dark!!

FX for you :dust:

peeing in the dark :haha: that's really funny. I can't imagine trying and NOT charting or being in charge of my body some how. My gosh- that would be horrible. I NEED to control it. Just one of my issues.

But i think that's a good idea, keeping doing opks until you get a negative. I have a whole week yet to plan my attack on the egg.

Hey all,
still on my first cycle of Soy but just got my positive OPK TODAY! It's CD 22, and I was starting to wonder if I would O at all. But, looks like the soy must have helped as I am O'ing 11 days earlier than last cycle! Woo Hoo! Planning to DTD tonight! :)

daisy-mum the only thing i can suggest is asking a chemist as they are better qualified than a gp on vits and pills and side effects they are brilliant and very helpful x

I've been reading through this thread for a while now and was hoping there would be someone here who may have an anwer to my Q?

I have a regular 28 day cycle and usually ovulate quite late on CD17, making my luteal phase only 11 days long. :nope: I'm planning on starting Soy today (currently on CD3) in the hope that it will move my ovulation forward and make it stronger. I was wondering whether I need to take anything alongside the soy to try and lengthen my luteal phase?

I shouldnt think so hun as the soy is pretty good on its own just make sure that you are taking folic acid and fingers crossed it will work for you. O make sure you take it before bed and at the same time for the 5 days .
Hugs and best of luck xxx

Thanks for your reply Inkdchick. I've just taken my first one today and having hot flushes already! I needed Clomid to conceive my first child and hoping that Soy will help me naturally before going down the Clomid path again. Best of luck to u too x

Hi ladies. I'm CD 1 today and just wondered what days would be best to take Soy to lengthen my LP. I started spotting last cycle at 7DPO on and off until 10DPO.

Thanx

Hi Ladies,

Havent been on this thread in ages, but I'm not getting anywhere on my own so I think this is the mth to try Soy, I'm going to do 3 to 7 days.

Anyone used it with regular cycles and been ok? i'm a little nervous about it messing me up :shrug:

Hi Ladies,

Havent been on this thread in ages, but I'm not getting anywhere on my own so I think this is the mth to try Soy, I'm going to do 3 to 7 days.

Anyone used it with regular cycles and been ok? i'm a little nervous about it messing me up :shrug:

I have regular 32 day cycles... and it have not messed up , even made me ovulate a day earlier. I took them days 3 to 7 so good luck huh. :thumbup:

CD 14 and I got a faint line on my OPK today. It was barely there but I am so happy to see something finally... :happydance:

I am having a lot of tenderness and pain in my ovaries so I hope this is a good sign I will O soon. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->