Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

Hi ladies. Just thought I'd update.
I took soy 200mg when not having any periods. Turns out I had conceived the week earlier... whoops! Anyway, bubby so far seems fine, no problems from taking the soy.

Congratulations x

I'm new to this forum and am on my last day of taking SI.

Here are my dosages (weird due to 34mg per serving pills):

CD 3 - 85 mg
CD 4 - 102 mg
CD 5 - 170 mg
CD 6 - 187 mg
CD 7 - 204 mg

I gradually increased the dosage. Hope that's ok. Just a little background:

I've always had regular, "irregular" and long periods of 35 - 42 days. That was fine though, as I would still have my periods.

Then, I started working out heavily (almost everyday) and restricting my diet to get really lean, even though my BMI was 20. I went down to about 18 when my periods completely stopped.

After not having a period for 4 months, I saw a doctor and was given progesterone pills to kickstart my period. This it did and I'm now in my first cycle after inducing my period.

I'm hoping SI works. But given that this is my first period in months, and my first time trying SI, I don't have super high expectations. Will update and see how it goes!:flower:

hey ladies, i dont know how active this thread is but i remember seeing it quite a lot when i was ttc my first in 2011...
I have long cycles....35/36 days (not terribly long i know,but longer than id like) and ov cd23/24.
Will taking soy shorten my cycle and bring my ov date sooner? Xx

Yes it will. I'm the same as you, I don't ov until 20+ :(

In my experience I have found that it takes a little bit to get the dosage right. I don't think I have this time as I'm still waiting to ov cd16 but with my rainbow baby i ovulated cd11! I can not for the life of me remember the dosage I was taking!

This cycle I got my first positive on cd9! Then it faded on cd 10, and the blaring positive on cd 11! My cycles aren't long to begin with....but it did try to move my o up by 2 days just off of guessing because of my first positive!! I took cd2 120 cd 3 160 cd 4 160 cd5 200 cd 6 200! We shall see what happens!! :):) good luck ladies!! :):)

I tried it last month and no success. Im too nervous to try again. How many tried did it take you ladies on Soy? Im on my 12th cycle ttc and still no success. Xxx

In total I think I probably took ot for about 6-8 cycles and fell pregnant twice! X

yeah my little boy is a soy rainbow baby :D I fell on it before but sadly miscarried as she had Turners syndrome x

I cant decide if I want to do it....:dohh: i might see hoe this cycle goes and think about it again then if needs be...i got preg with my first after 2cycles of trying, 1st month of trying with my 2nd preg (although miscarried) and its month 2 now, so we'll see xx

I took it this cycle yeah, 80 120 160 200 200 and cd16 and so far no ovulation :( not sure why, maybe the dosage isn't right. either that or I've completely missed it but that's highly unlikely xx

Last month I took it 80, 120, 120, 120 , 120. Was too scared to go up any further. Can you not remember the dose you took the last time you conceived? How many months did you take it when you conceived last time ? Xxx

litterally after my mmc I took it for two cycles and fell with Archie on the second cycle. No I can't remember :( I think next cycle I'm going to do 120,160,160,200,200... maybe 240 on the last one, nit decided yet xx

If im not lucky this cycle ill try upping it next cycle to finish on 160. Then if nothing then might finish of 200. How long have you been trying for this time round ? Xxx

this is the first month, we had a oopsie in october but unfortunately that ended in another mc so we decided to try again in the new year x

anything from 35 days to 50 odd days I'm guessing this will be a 35 dayer xx

Wow it is great to find that this thread is still going, although less active than when I used to come here!

I am a graduate of this thread. I used soy in 2011 and conceived my now nearly two year old son on my first cycle of using it. I was so happy! I O'd on CD15 for the first time ever - I have long irregular cycles, with often very short LPs (too short) and problems with lack of CM.

We are now TTC #3 and I am tempted to use it again but very worried about the risk of twins something I do not want. I have done a lot of googling and it seems more like the increased risk of twins is based on speculation since soy appears to work like clomid than based on anything else. Any thoughts on this?

Who else is using soy atm? I would love some TTC buddies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->