Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

oooooh exciting! Yay for ovulation! Im cd16 today and my cm usually changes today (which is strange as it will change on cd16 whether i ov on cd20 or cd36!):shrug: lol.....really hope i dont have to wait too long until i ov this time :dohh: oooh keep us posted wont you! Il be checking in! :thumbup: xx

Haha, that must be annoying. Still, it reminds you of something to look forward to... kind of like seeing Christmas presents under the tree before Christmas.
Did you have any symptoms while taking soy?
I'll definitely update. I'm 6dpo now and not overly confident of a bfp, but still so excited I ovulated at a reasonably 'normal' time.

aw thats great! Fingers crossed for you! I had an extremely symptomless tww with my last pregnancy, so dont rule it out yet! :thumbup: how long are your lps? Mine are always miserably short at 8-10days so am on progesterone cream too :thumbup:

The tww is nothing compared to the agonising wait to ovulate....at least in the tww it is only ever 2 weeks max! Waiting to ov for me (and you) could be a very long, unpredictable wait! :dohh:

No, i didnt have any side effects from the SI, did you? I took them in the evenings so i went to bed shortly after...think i had a real bad headache after the first day, but was on hoilday so wasnt paying that much attention really :blush: lol!

Ah yes, I agree. 2ww is at least fairly predictable! I have no idea how long my lp is normally, but I've heard it can be shorter while breastfeeding so we'll see. But I'm on 10dpo now, so it's looking good. I had to take progesterone with my last two pregnancies but can't afford it this time so just hoping my body does what it's supposed to!
I read through the pregnancy charts thread you started yesterday. Great idea!
As with you my main symptom was a one day rip-roaring headache. Apart from that I didn't really notice a difference (oh, except a drop in my milk supply) until my very full on ovulation.
Still not feeling much now... don't feel pregnant, don't feel pms-y either. *twiddling thumbs*

Hello ladies, May I join ? Here's a little about me and my experiences with soy and where I'm at now. I'm 32, married to my wonderful dh I have a 22 month old ds conceived on second cycle of soy after 2 m/c and trying to conceive for 10 month's approximately. We recently decided to start trying for #2 but of course my hormones are all wonky and my cycles are all over the place since giving birth to my son and breastfeeding, etc. Anyways my period seems to have taken a hiatus for the past almost 4 month's so I had been taking Vitex and Fertilitea to help balance but am growing impatient lol so since it worked last time to bring on my over due AF and then I got my BFP the following cycle I've decided to stop vitex, etc. And do the soy iso just randomly to bring on ovulation. Hopefully it's works. Have any of you ladies had a similar experience ? I am still reading my way through this amazing thread so haven't come a cross a similar situation yet but would love to hear for you lovely ladies. Any insight or advice greatly appreciated.

Gosh LogansMummy you sound just like me. I'll write more when I'm not typing one-fingered while feeding bubby.

I just came here to say at 10dpo I decided randomly to test in afternoon.
BFP!!!! A STRONG, FAST BFP!!!
OMG soy is amazing!!! Second bubby conceived on first cycle of the stuff!!!!

Omg!!!! That is so frikkin amazing! Well done!! Congratulations!! Awwwwwww :dance::dance::dance: wahoooooooo, yay for you! Yay for soy!!aww thats brill, really good news!
Glad you found that thread useful, it helped me back when i was ttc my DD.... I really hope i ov soon, wana give it a good shot this month! Im off work for the summer, therefore a lot more relaxed so really really want to give it my best shot!

Awww congrats again hunny! Thats brill, you've made my day! Xxxx

Gosh LogansMummy you sound just like me. I'll write more when I'm not typing one-fingered while feeding bubby.

I just came here to say at 10dpo I decided randomly to test in afternoon.
BFP!!!! A STRONG, FAST BFP!!!
OMG soy is amazing!!! Second bubby conceived on first cycle of the stuff!!!!

Firstly Congrats on your BFP ssjad thats wonderful :) I read through some of your posts and your story definitely sounds a lot like mine. Would love to hear more about your experience :) what dosage did you use? I'm trying the same dosage as I did last time...80,120,120,160,200.

Yay congrats ssjad!! I conceived #2 on my first cycle with soy too! It's great stuff!

@Logan'smommy you are going to take it to basically jump start O while BF?

Have been having a ton of AF like cramps today, a few times I had to stop what I was doing because they were that strong and painful. Hopefully that means something is happening in there lol. Tonight is my last dose of Soy, here's hoping I get some good results. How are all you ladies doing? I am about half way through this thread but would love to know how many of you are still ttc with soy and how many got their BFPs O:)

hey, ive only recently joined this thread really, and is my first month in soy...i did take it last month but we didnt end up getting in any BDing around ov :dohh: so my efforts were wasted really... Hoping for a better attempt this month! :thumbup: i had some chronic ov pains on tues at cd19, nothing yesterday but have woken today with some ov pains. I am expecting to see a +opk when i take it in about an hour! :thumbup: i really hope i get a bfp soon! Im beyond desperate now! :blush: been trying since oct after my gallbladder removal surgery which halted ttc after my loss last june :nope:

Wishing you the best of luck for this cycle! Lets see what all the fuss is about with soy! :winkwink: xx

The first time I used soy I had a five month old baby and hadn't had a period in about a year and a half. I used vitex for 2-3 months, which I felt normalized my hormones somewhat, although still no period. Then I stopped the vitex and took soy for five days (can't remember for sure but I think I took 120, 160, 200, 200, 200). I actually ovulated either at the end of the five days or possibly the day after. Got my bfp two weeks later. I actually didnt know I was pregnant. I went to the Dr because nothing was happening and she did blood tests to see what was happening with my hormones. She tested hcg as well and rang the next day saying congratulations. :)
This time I had my first period in like 2.5 years (with two pregnancies in that time though). Again i took vitex for a couple of months, then stopped when i got af. On cd 3-7 I took 200mg soy, ovulated cd 22 and got a bfp 10 days later.
I've been breastfeeding through both cycles.

wow, just wow! I hope i will be sharing a success story like yours too one day...maybe ive already had my luck.... I conceived my 1st, 3months after hubbys vasectomy reversal after the doctors said that although they had reversed it successfully, the amount of sperm was poor and only afew were actually swimming and to expect it to take years to get pregnant, if at all....3months! :thumbup: i dont know whats happening to my ov this month, i was gearing up for it, having pains, temp lowered, then the one day of ewcm stopped, temps started rising. If i have another highish temp tomorrow, it will give me crosshairs :shrug: i need to know for sure coz i apply progesterone cream after ov and i could potentially be 3 days late in taking it And i cant take it unless im deadly sure i ovulated :nope: my body hates me :cry: xxx

Mrs Ginger, there haven't been many studies on it. The only thing I noticed was a drop in milk supply over the five days. From my understanding though what it does is blocks the oestrogen receptors, tricking the body into thinking there's not enough oestrogen, thereby causing a surge and thus, hopefully, ovulation. When breastfeeding your oestrogen is low anyway, but it increases as bubby gets older. So bubby is already used to low, and then high oestrogen. I couldn't think or find anything that would make it unsafe for bubby.
Live_in_hope that's fantastic how you conceived your first! As for this one, are you using opks or anything? You don't want to mess with progesterone!

as i feared, my temp spiked tiday, giving me crosshairs :dohh: (although i was out last night and drank a lot of wine, i guess that would affect it slightly:blush:)
I use progesterone cream as my levels are low and after a mc last year and very short lps,i started it last month to increase lp and help sustain a preg if i was lucky enough....i use opks but havnt had a positive yet, my cm doesnt really tie in with ovulation either, gawd knows whats going on :shrug: xx

hey ladies,
Any of you ladies who use soy, did it delay ovulation for you, bring it sooner or no reql change?
Im on cd 25 and still waiting for my +opk :shrug:....a typical cycle for me would be a +opk on cd 21 with ov on cd23/24.... Although my cycles this year have been a little crazy, the past few months have been close to normal for me.... Should i up my soy dose next cycle? I took 120mg cd3-7 xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->